Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post your PFN Mock

Well....     we are now two weeks out from the draft.

So, the mock draft simulators should be about as accurate as they're ever going to be.

The thing that always makes me roll my eyes, are not what you guys do....   it's what the websites do....    meaning the trade proposals are rarely realistic.    The ones that I see just don't look like what happens in the real world.

I think they're fun and a bit addictive....    I just wouldn't read too much into them.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....     we are now two weeks out from the draft.

So, the mock draft simulators should be about as accurate as they're ever going to be.

The thing that always makes me roll my eyes, are not what you guys do....   it's what the websites do....    meaning the trade proposals are rarely realistic.    The ones that I see just don't look like what happens in the real world.

I think they're fun and a bit addictive....    I just wouldn't read too much into them.

I agree.   Better to just draft    See where it lands 

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So, how did it come to be,  that we traded down from 21 to 23...   but added pick 34 AND pick 66?

The system made that trade with the Jets?     Move down 2 spots and get both of those picks?   

In the real world,  we wouldn't get either of those picks for moving down just 2 spots.

Based on the numerous times i used the draft simulator it depends on who falls.  I want to say Waddle fell and I had to  decide to take Waddle or take in a haul.  This is not unrealistic if a player falls that another team loves.  I only do trades that are offered.  Most of the time i don't get trade offers and roll whats on the board.

23 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Traded 21 to KC for 31 and 94

1st Jaelan Phillips DE

2nd Dillon Radunz OT

3rd Trill Williams CB 

4th Jaelon Darden WR

5th Shaka Toney EDGE

6th Tamorrion Terry WR

7th Buddy Johnson LB 

I would absolutely not hate this.    Feels jyst about right with the right people going in the right rounds.  Plus, it addresses all our needs.

Good job.   Well done!     :thmup:

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I would absolutely not hate this.    Feels jyst about right with the right people going in the right rounds.  Plus, it addresses all our needs.

Good job.   Well done!     :thmup:

I like it. Colts definitely need to take advantage of this WR class. 

Traded back with KC

21—>31,94,144 (Not sure if we could steal that 5th round pick along with the 3rd)

31 Teven Jenkins OT - Oklahoma State 

54 Carlos Basham Jr DE - Wake Forest

94 Tommy Tremble TE - Notre Dame

127 Jaelon Dardon WR - North Texas 

144 Justin Hilliard LB - Ohio State

165 Shakur Brown CB- Michigan State

206 O’Bryan Goodsen DL - Memphis 

248 Buddy Johnson LB - Texas A&M

MkBk61f.png

I've been watching some more players lately and I have new favorites... In this mock - Benjamin St-Juste, Josh Palmer, Derrick Barnes. St-Juste and Derrick Barnes fit Ballard's mold to a tee. Especially St-Juste. Go watch him, guys. LONG(32" arms), good fluid athlete(really nice change of direction), physical in the run game, great zone instincts... Senior Bowl standout. 

Derrick Barnes is a long(33 3/8" arms), athletic LB who is raw and honestly... not all that good when it comes to reading the game, but might develop well in our system where you are not required to make complex reads, but rather just see, chase and tackle. Potential depth replacement for the class that's graduating from their rookie contracts(Franklin, Adams...)

My attempt after listening to Ballard today:

41. Payton Turner EDGE Houston

65. Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa

72. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

106. Kenny Yeboah TE Mississippi

127.Shaun Wade S Ohio State

165. Tommy Doyle OT Miami (OH)

206. Simi Fehoko WR Stanford

2022 DET 2nd

things I tried to incorporate from Ballard's presser:

- likely trade down

- cagey answering question about the depth and quality of the EDGE players in the draft - I'm assuming he didn't want to give up information about likely high pick

- depth of the OT class... thus... multiple OTs ... one day 2, one day 3... 

- Shaun Wade. I was checking his athletic testing and measurements... he has super long arms. He was bad on the outside this year... but... so what? Who says he needs to play outside? He was very good as a slot CB in the previous years in Ohio State. We've seen how bad our DB group becomes the moment Kenny Moore is out/injured. We need slot depth and a developmental player like Wade with great length and he might be a good shot to take. He can play slot CB, safety in 2 safety looks... 

17 hours ago, stitches said:

My attempt after listening to Ballard today:

41. Payton Turner EDGE Houston

65. Spencer Brown OT Northern Iowa

72. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford

106. Kenny Yeboah TE Mississippi

127.Shaun Wade S Ohio State

165. Tommy Doyle OT Miami (OH)

206. Simi Fehoko WR Stanford

2022 DET 2nd

things I tried to incorporate from Ballard's presser:

- likely trade down

- cagey answering question about the depth and quality of the EDGE players in the draft - I'm assuming he didn't want to give up information about likely high pick

- depth of the OT class... thus... multiple OTs ... one day 2, one day 3... 

- Shaun Wade. I was checking his athletic testing and measurements... he has super long arms. He was bad on the outside this year... but... so what? Who says he needs to play outside? He was very good as a slot CB in the previous years in Ohio State. We've seen how bad our DB group becomes the moment Kenny Moore is out/injured. We need slot depth and a developmental player like Wade with great length and he might be a good shot to take. He can play slot CB, safety in 2 safety looks... 

I like the draft especially picking up a 2nd for next year. I like the pick of Spencer Brown but I think if we did get him we would have to go after someone (if they don't expect one of our current Free agent acquisitions to start) that could be a one year starter because I don't think he will be ready to start his first year.

Really like Shaun Wade, I keep seeing him drop because he had a bad year outside but the dude can play in the slot, so if that means we just use him in dime or Moore plays more outside so be it. 

192543428_pff_mock_results(12).png.187b2c4c8390faaf8b5562edee7be4ee.png

After doing the draft simulation hundreds of times (I need a life lol) the best case scenario includes trading down, even twice to garner additional picks in the second and third rounds.  This allows the Colts to fill needs that correlate to the value of the players where they are taken.  Just my two cents....

Joseph

54. Payton Turner

EDGE Houston

55. Spencer Brown

OT Northern Iowa

80. Hunter Long

TE Boston College

89. Nico Collins

WR Michigan

114. Chazz Surratt

LB North Carolina

165. Shaka Toney