Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Post your PFN Mock

Just a thread for those who don't want to create a thread for every mock draft simulation they run lol.

I do at least 4 or 5 a week playing around. 

So to keep it consistent:

1. everyone use PFN simulator https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/ . It's easy, just select team, rounds, and speed.
  2. no future trades (just decline anything with future picks). you'll still have offers with current years picks. You can also propose trades.
  3. copy paste post.... 
  4. Tip - if you don't plan to propose trades (but will take trades), select fast speed. If you want to propose trades, go slow.

Here's my first.

30. Jayson Oweh - year one situational rusher, year two 3 down guy. Traded back, and was surprised he was still there. No brainer at 30

EDGE Penn State

60. Jalen Mayfield - was surprised he was there at 60. Still, I almost selected Little who was also available.

OT Michigan

61. Pete Werner - I'll take him every day at 61. Likely replaced Oke early season and would be an all around upgrade.

LB Ohio State

105. Tutu Atwell - doubt he last this long, but no brainer at 105. Get him the weight room, and look out in year 2 at slot or Z.

WR Louisville

127. Ambry Thomas - was considered a top 50 pick before he opted out. May take a bit of time, but definitely a guy who could take a CB1 or 2 spot late 2021. 

CB Michigan

165. Chauncey Golston - Underrated, and at minimum a solid depth guy. With some good work in the weight room, could make some noise and challenge for a starter job in 22.

EDGE Iowa

206. Kylen Granson - Basically a Trey Burton move TE / HB / slot clone. Good production in college, and likely higher upside than Burton.

TE SMU

248. Deommodore Lenoir - Good NB prospect to replace TJ Carrie as NB backup.

CB Oregon

It's interesting to see the difference in big boards TDN has Jamar Johnson at 57 while PFN has him at 213

Didn't do any trades, as they seemed to good.

21. Samual Cosmi OT

54. Asante Samual Jr. CB: Wanted to go Edge but couldn't pass on him

127. Shaun Wade DB: Don't think he will be an outside corner, but I believe he will be a great player wherever he ends up.

165. Shaka Toney, Edge

206. Simi Fehoko WR. Tall 6' 4" and fast 3.39 40 with big hands 10+

248. Noah Gray TE

I did get some players I wanted but not my favorite draft I've done

• Like 1

Only did a 4 round 

Samuel Cosmi

OT Texas

Ronnie Perkins

EDGE Oklahoma

Daelin Hayes

EDGE Notre Dame

Then this 5 round.     Ha Waddle was still there!!!!!!!!!

Jaylen Waddle

WR Alabama

Asante Samuel Jr.

CB Florida State

Dayo Odeyingbo

EDGE Vanderbilt

Tommy Doyle

OT Miami (OH)

7 rounder 

Christian Darrisaw

OT Virginia Tech

Ronnie Perkins

EDGE Oklahoma

Daelin Hayes

EDGE Notre Dame

Tommy Doyle

OT Miami (OH)

Tre Brown

CB Oklahoma

Noah Gray

TE Duke

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

It's interesting to see the difference in big boards TDN has Jamar Johnson at 57 while PFN has him at 213

I've done probably 4 different simulators. They are all over the board (pun intended) when it comes to prospects, but PFN to me seems pretty decent, and is super easy.

21. Samual Cosmi OT

I know some are high on Cosmi, but other boards aren't near as high. Most have him going early to late 2nd. My guess would be early to mid 2nd.

Will probably be seen as a NB which we don't have a big need for.

127. Shaun Wade DB: Don't think he will be an outside corner, but I believe he will be a great player wherever he ends up.

He really struggled in 2020. IU burnt him bad. Agreed, he'll end up at NB.

165. Shaka Toney, Edge

Good value at 165. Only concern for me is effort (at this pick).

I love his measurables (height and speed), but we're good at X. He's very close Patmon's profile, but Patmon is probably a bit shiftier.

If you're interested, I read this earlier, which was along the same lines as Patmon's.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/simi-fehoko/32004645-4855-6867-28d1-9272a231323b

248. Noah Gray TE

I almost took Gray myself. Very solid upside at 248

• Thanks 1

image.png.2b8074a77e766eeb73c0e9c94f72f1bf.png

Got a swap offer to move down from 54 to 62, give up the 5th rounder, to pick up 92. 

I've been high on Cosmi for a while, left tackle is the Colts biggest need, easy pick. It was tough because I got an offer from Las Vegas that basically was their 2, 3, 4, and 5th but it was too big a drop. 

Even at 127 I was hesitant to pull the trigger on Wade. Is he the awesome nickel corner from 2019, or the consistently burnt toast on the outside from 2020?

Buechele to give Eason the competition. 

Funny enough, I did a second one that would break the rule set by the OP, but at 21 I got the offer from the Eagles offering 37, 70, AND the 2022 pick back. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

This one was with no trades as all offered to me had future picks attached and the ones I proposed were not accepted.

Kwity Paye

EDGE Michigan

Liam Eichenberg

OT Notre Dame

Anthony Schwartz

WR Auburn

Chauncey Golston

EDGE Iowa

Justin Hilliard

LB Ohio State

Cary Angeline

TE North Carolina State

Nothing stellar by any means.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ColtV said:

Funny enough, I did a second one that would break the rule set by the OP, but at 21 I got the offer from the Eagles offering 37, 70, AND the 2022 pick back. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. 

Yup, getting the 2022 pick back would be a no brainer. There's no way they would offer that lol plus 37 and 70. 

It's exactly why I set the rule :-)

7 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

This one was with no trades as all offered to me had future picks attached and the ones I proposed were not accepted.

Kwity Paye

EDGE Michigan

Liam Eichenberg

OT Notre Dame

Anthony Schwartz

WR Auburn

Chauncey Golston

EDGE Iowa

Justin Hilliard

LB Ohio State

Cary Angeline

TE North Carolina State

Nothing stellar by any means.

I think it's very solid. Paye could be great. Liam will be solid at minimum. Schwartz is underrated and has legit measurables. Gholston and Hilliard are great value and will be solid depth at min. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think it's very solid. Paye could be great. Liam will be solid at minimum. Schwartz is underrated and has legit measurables. Gholston and Hilliard are great value and will be solid depth at min. 

My thinking was Liam goes to RT and move Braden to LT as he is due a payday anyway.  I like Gholston and I think hes underated.  I agree with you on Schwartz as well.  

Thanks for the input!

• Like 1

Had 1 trade with this one.  Trade w/ Baltimore gave up #21 & #127 to move down 6 spots to #27 and also gained their 2nd round pick #58.  Still ended up with 6 picks but had 2 2nds but then didnt have another pick til round 5.  Ugh!

Teven Jenkins

OT Oklahoma State

Ronnie Perkins

EDGE Oklahoma

Pete Werner

LB Ohio State

Nick Eubanks

TE Michigan

Josh Imatorbhebhe

WR Illinois

Tre Norwood

S Oklahoma

I definitely like my 1st draft above with no trades.

9 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

My thinking was Liam goes to RT and move Braden to LT as he is due a payday anyway.  I like Gholston and I think hes underated.  I agree with you on Schwartz as well.  

Thanks for the input!

IMO, Liam will be a very solid LT. He needs a little work on his pass pro, but if he focusses on his slides / kick-outs, he'll be fine. He's already really good vs the run. And playing next to Q will make things much easier for a rook. Might not be a pro bowl type guy, but he'll be well above average, and that's all we need given the talent we already have.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

Had 1 trade with this one.  Trade w/ Baltimore gave up #21 & #127 to move down 6 spots to #27 and also gained their 2nd round pick #58.  Still ended up with 6 picks but had 2 2nds but then didnt have another pick til round 5.  Ugh!

Teven Jenkins

OT Oklahoma State

Ronnie Perkins

EDGE Oklahoma

Pete Werner

LB Ohio State

Nick Eubanks

TE Michigan

Josh Imatorbhebhe

WR Illinois

Tre Norwood

S Oklahoma

I definitely like my 1st draft above with no trades.

I like all of it except Perkins. Eubanks is pretty meh too IMO, but might surprise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

21. Samual Cosmi OT

165. Shaka Toney, Edge

248. Noah Gray TE

3.39?! thats gotta be a record for a 40....I know you meant 4.39

• Thanks 1

I'm getting great offers involving other teams future picks. Can I take those? 

39. Jaelan Phillips EDGE Miami (FL) - made a trade down with Tampa Bay, then one more trade down with the Panthers. Phillips was there. Too good to miss on... even with the concussion concerns. 

59. Walker Little OT Stanford - Top 5-6 tackle for me in the class. I like him. 

72. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater - Senior Bowl stand out, we know how Ballard likes his Senior Bowl guys

83. Brevin Jordan TE Miami (FL) - move TE... can line him up anywhere, much needed pass-catching weapon

110. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford - one of my favorite CBs in the draft. Love his instincts in zone specifically. Great ball skills. 

153. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State - had a down year, but he is a big DT who IMO has the ability to play in the league. At this point he will be depth piece for us.

164. Chauncey Golston EDGE Iowa - depth/camp competition EDGE

206. Dez Fitzpatrick WR Louisville - sleeper WR with good route running. 

248. Tay Gowan CB UCF - this is me cheating... IMO he goes much higher than this, I didn't even see him being available earlier or would ahve taken him. 

2022 TB 2nd - took TB future second with the trade back. 

• Like 1

32. Gregory Rousseau

EDGE Miami (FL)

54. Liam Eichenberg

OT Notre Dame

61. Amon-Ra St. Brown

WR USC

64. Elijah Molden

CB Washington

165. Rodarius Williams

CB Oklahoma State

206. Israel Mukuamu

S South Carolina

Did a couple of trades. A bit heavy on the secondary but I like the first 4 picks. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stitches said:

39. Jaelan Phillips EDGE Miami (FL) - made a trade down with Tampa Bay, then one more trade down with the Panthers. Phillips was there. Too good to miss on... even with the concussion concerns. 

72. Quinn Meinerz OC Wisconsin-Whitewater - Senior Bowl stand out, we know how Ballard likes his Senior Bowl guys

83. Brevin Jordan TE Miami (FL) - move TE... can line him up anywhere, much needed pass-catching weapon

110. Paulson Adebo CB Stanford - one of my favorite CBs in the draft. Love his instincts in zone specifically. Great ball skills. 

153. Marvin Wilson DT Florida State - had a down year, but he is a big DT who IMO has the ability to play in the league. At this point he will be depth piece for us.

248. Tay Gowan CB UCF - this is me cheating... IMO he goes much higher than this, I didn't even see him being available earlier or would ahve taken him. 

Were Tremble, Long, and McKitty gone when you took Jordan? I wasn’t impressed with his pro day so I’d prefer a different TE.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Were Tremble, Long, and McKitty gone when you took Jordan? I wasn’t impressed with his pro day so I’d prefer a different TE.

Tremble was available. Long not. Not sure about McKitty, probably available. Either way, I like Jordan and his skillset for this team and this TE group.  

8 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Not to be a party pooper...but every simulation I have run includes absurd trade offers...like teams giving up away 2nd round picks like they are 5th rounders.

It all depends on the board they use and it is not real GMs playing against each other.

Some site should have a multi-player option like a fantasy draft to get some real human unpredictability and stubbornness with trades materializing. :) 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It all depends on the board they use and it is not real GMs playing against each other.

Some site should have a multi-player option like a fantasy draft to get some real human unpredictability and stubbornness with trades materializing. :) 

I mean...it's all in good fun. But I see mocks where the Colts move down a bit in the 1st round...and make a couple more moves...and suddenly they have (4) Day 2 picks or something stupid. And then they still get one of the coveted LTs with their first pick. 

Was even listening to the Locked On Podcast...they did a mock draft and the first move they made was to trade down with the NYG and got their early 3rd AND a future 2 (and something else too I think). At least in this scenario, the Colts actually moved 20 or so picks...but that trade would never happen (especially in this draft where there is a lot more uncertainty). I only left it on to hear their thoughts on draft prospects.

I do think Ballard will likely look to move back, but it won't be a steal in draft capital. Probably something like an early 4th (maybe a late 3 if he moves far down enough). 

Not done with with a mock yet but was curious about a couple of names. We signed TY and I have been a critic and fan, but his time could be dwindling with is so I was thinking of his replacemwnt. What do you all think of Whop Philyor or Rondale Moore? Both are great players and people from in state schools. Whop maybe not the top end speed but checks all other boxes. Moore has it all but maybe some injuries? Not sure, maybe he just opted out. Regatdless, electric with the ball. Curious on thoughts in round 3 or 4.

Trade with Bucs to go to 32 and get pick 64 (also included a 2nd next year but can ignore that for these rules).

32.  Rondale Moore

54.  Walker Little

64.  Pat Freirmuth

127.  Daelin Hayes

165.  Stone Forsythe

206.  Lamar Johnson

248:  Josh Ball

Ballard should hire me now

14 hours ago, stitches said:

I like most of the guys, just have different issues on a few.

Meinerz - you really think we use an early pick on OC with Kelly signed long term?

Fitzpatrick - like him as a 4th or 5th WR, but he's more or less Pascal. If we're going to take a late shot on a WR, I'd go with a speed guy.

Few more comments.

Little - he might be the best steal in the draft for someone.

Adebo - a few years ago, folks though he'd be a no brainer top 10 pick. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Gowan - most big boards are down on him due to his lack of speed and strength. NFL.com give him a 5.5

4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Not to be a party pooper...but every simulation I have run includes absurd trade offers...like teams giving up away 2nd round picks like they are 5th rounders.

I've done several mocks, and most trade offers have been within +/- 10% value (I checked on the draft capital calculator)

4 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I mean...it's all in good fun. But I see mocks where the Colts move down a bit in the 1st round...and make a couple more moves...and suddenly they have (4) Day 2 picks or something stupid. And then they still get one of the coveted LTs with their first pick. 

Was even listening to the Locked On Podcast...they did a mock draft and the first move they made was to trade down with the NYG and got their early 3rd AND a future 2 (and something else too I think). At least in this scenario, the Colts actually moved 20 or so picks...but that trade would never happen (especially in this draft where there is a lot more uncertainty). I only left it on to hear their thoughts on draft prospects.

I do think Ballard will likely look to move back, but it won't be a steal in draft capital. Probably something like an early 4th (maybe a late 3 if he moves far down enough). 

So stuff like this...

Colts sent 1:3 (QB Sam Darnold) to New York Jets for 1:6 (G Quenton Nelson), 2:37 (LB Darius Leonard), 2:49 ([PHI] TE Dallas Goedert), and 2019:2:34 (CB Rock Ya-Sin)

Colts sent 2:49 (TE Dallas Goedert) to Philadelphia Eagles for 2:52 (DE Kemoko Turay) and 5:169 (RB Jordan Wilkins)

Colts sent 5:140 (DT Maurice Hurst) to Las Vegas Raiders for 5:159 (WR Daurice Fountain) and 6:185 (WR Deon Cain)

Colts sent 1:26 (ED Montez Sweat) to Washington Football Team for 2:46 ([CLE] CB Greedy Williams) and 2020:2:34 (WR Michael Pittman Jr.)

Colts sent 2:46 (CB Greedy Williams) to Cleveland Browns for 2:49 (DE Ben Banogu) and 5:144 (CB Marvell Tell III)

Traded 21 for 29 + 62 (I dont see this happening)
Traded 54 for 60+133 (Slightly closer in value but still distant enough to be unrealistic)
Traded 62 for 74+124 (This is realistic)

29. Sam Cosmi, OT
60. Jordan Smith EDGE
74. Patrick Jones EDGE
124. Tommy Tremble TE
127. Marquez Stevenson WR
133. Aaron Banks OG
165. JaCoby Stevens, S/LB
206. Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR
248. Noah Gray TE

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

Traded 21 for 29 + 62 (I dont see this happening)
Traded 54 for 60+133 (Slightly closer in value but still distant enough to be unrealistic)
Traded 62 for 74+124 (This is realistic)

29. Sam Cosmi, OT
60. Jordan Smith EDGE
74. Patrick Jones EDGE
124. Tommy Tremble TE
127. Marquez Stevenson WR
133. Aaron Banks OG
165. JaCoby Stevens, S/LB
206. Josh Imatorbhebhe, WR
248. Noah Gray TE

21 for 29 and 62 is a 14-15% delta. 

That's not really unrealistic. 

In 2018, Ballard gave a 3, and got a 6, 37, 49, and next year's 34

That's a 40% delta

All depends on how much a team wants a player that's available, and 15% is crazy.

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Kwity Paye

EDGE Michigan

Dillon Radunz

OT North Dakota State

Josh Imatorbhebhe

WR Illinois

I only did 4 rounds 

I think this would be Fantastic 

I have a feeling Imatorbhebhe may be still there in the 4th or even 5th. I'd love to grab him middle/late. I think there will be some less-project guys available at WR in the 3rd.

28 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I have a feeling Imatorbhebhe may be still there in the 4th or even 5th. I'd love to grab him middle/late. I think there will be some less-project guys available at WR in the 3rd.

He I believe was projected around 5th or 6th but easily see him rising up to 4th possibly even late 3rd

Trades:

Colts Receive: 28, 46 (660 + 440 = 1100)

Patriots Receive: 21, 127 (800 + 45 = 845)

Colts Receive: 31, 144 (600 + 34 = 634)

Chiefs Receive: 28 (660)

Colts Receive: 64, 95 (270 + 120 = 390)

Bucs Receive: 54, 206 (360 + 7.4 = 367.4)

Trade value points in () based on this.

Picks:

• Round 1, Pick 31: Liam Eichenberg, OT
  • Round 2, Pick 46: Carlos Basham Jr, DE
  • Round 2, Pick 64: Patrick Jones, DE
  • Round 3, Pick 95: Tommy Tremble, TE
  • Round 4, Pick 144: Darius Stills, DT
  • Round 5, Pick 165: Jamar Johnson, S
  • Round 7, Pick 248: Brenden Jaimes, OL

I expect a LT to be the Colts first pick. I also think there is a good chance the Colts walk away from the 2021 draft taking 2 DEs if they can pull off a trade to acquire another 2nd or 3rd round pick. Ballard has doubled up on a need in almost all of his drafts. 

I wouldn't mind seeing an additional offensive linemen drafted earlier than what I have in the scenario above but I think that is less likely. The Colts seemed to have addressed OL depth in free agency this offseason so I think a second OL is unlikely on day 2 or early part of day 3.

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts take a LB and do so early. I almost did at a couple different points. Ballard has repeatedly mention his value on the defensive line includes the front 7. With the loss of Walker I could see the Colts selecting one.

• Like 1

37. Jalen Mayfield - OT - Michigan

50. Carlos Basham - Edge - Wake Forest

74. Brevin Jordan - TE - Miami (FL)

111. Kary Vincent Jr. - CB - LSU

127. Adetokunbo Ogundeji - Edge - Notre Dame

128. Aaron Banks - OG - Notre Dame

2022 Cincinnati 3rd Round Pick

IND trades back with PHI.  PHI gets 21.  IND gets 37, 70, and 150 

IND trades back with TB.  TB gets 70.  IND get 95 and 2022 R3P 

IND trades back with NYJ.  NYJ gets 95 and 206 (not happy so add 248).  IND gets 107, 146, and 186 

IND trades back with JAX.  JAX gets 150 via PHI.  IND gets 170 and 2022 R6P (6pts)

IND trades back with GB.  GB gets 170 via CLV.  IND gets 173 and 256 

IND trades back with CHI.  CHI gets 186.  IND gets 204 and 208 via SEA 

IND trades back with NO.  NO gets 208 via SEA/CHI.  IND gets 218 comp and 229 via JAX, and 255 

Draft

37 via PHI LT Samuel Cosmi

54 Edge Payton Turner

107 via NYJ LB Monty Rice

127 CB Tay Gowan

146 via NYJ WR Simmi Fehoko

165 CB/S Trill Williams

173 via GB G David Moore

204 RB Chris Evans

218 via NO (comp) TE Tre’ McKitty

229 via JAX/NO G/C Tommy Kraemer

255 via NO CB Deommodore Lenoir

256 via GB Edge Malik Herring

Future 2022 Draft Picks

R3P via TB

R6P via JAX

12 Solid quality 2021 draft picks plus 2 futures not a bad mock draft

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I like most of the guys, just have different issues on a few.

Meinerz - you really think we use an early pick on OC with Kelly signed long term?

He can play guard too and this is Glowinski's last year under contract so... I wouldn't mind us taking another shot at a starter .

Fitzpatrick - like him as a 4th or 5th WR, but he's more or less Pascal. If we're going to take a late shot on a WR, I'd go with a speed guy.

If he's our 4th or 5th WR year 1 I would be good with it. I think he has higher potential than that. For example, I like him better than his teammate Tutu Atwell ... although... they are very different receivers. 

Few more comments.

Little - he might be the best steal in the draft for someone.

Adebo - a few years ago, folks though he'd be a no brainer top 10 pick. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Yep... I fell in love with Adebo a couple of years ago. I still like him a lot, especially for our system. 

Gowan - most big boards are down on him due to his lack of speed and strength. NFL.com give him a 5.5

Yeah... Here's his RAS. Like with all pro days this year - take it with a grain of salt:

Arm length is 31 1/8"... not quite as long as Ballard loves, but still higher than average. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

If he's our 4th or 5th WR year 1 I would be good with it. I think he has higher potential than that. For example, I like him better than his teammate Tutu Atwell ... although... they are very different receivers. 

IMO, we have enough guys already vying for a 4/5 spot. He's not going to replace our starting X. He's not good or fast enough to be legit slot or Z.

I'd prefer Atwell. He has at least the raw ceiling to compete in the slot/Z space, which we need. 

Yep... I fell in love with Adebo a couple of years ago. I still like him a lot, especially for our system. 

He was truly spectacular earlier in his college career. Not sure why the fall off. I'd love to grab him in the mid or later rounds. He's absolutely a guy to grab if he fits the system and the FO thinks he's a fit. 

Yeah... Here's his RAS. Like with all pro days this year - take it with a grain of salt:

Arm length is 31 1/8"... not quite as long as Ballard loves, but still higher than average. 

I'd take a late round flyer on him, but think he's really limited overall.