Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matthew Stafford (merge)

6 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Who do yall want now that Stafford is gone 

I am guessing a draft pick at this point.  I don’t think Darnold is on the block and I don’t think there is another QB out there that’s on the market that gets me excited other than Watson and that’s just not happening.  There is one more option I would be open to and that’s if you can pluck Hurts from the Eagles but I don’t think they have decided which one of those guys they are going with yet.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am guessing a draft pick at this point.  I don’t think Darnold is on the block and I don’t think there is another QB out there that’s on the market that gets me excited other than Watson and that’s just not happening.  

I'm very high on Jones

Would also like Lance too

Just now, NFLfan said:

Yep. He reminds me a lot of Cousins. Nice stats but not a winner. 

he's already played in a SB and just beat Wilson and the Seahawks, so he's not exactly a loser

but certainly not a guy I'd want for the Colts, by any means

no doubt Ballard has something in mind; the QB room next summer may look ENTIRELY different than 2020

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

To bad Jones didn’t get to play today.  By all accounts he was very good all week.

I don't think there was any need to play today.

He just came off of NC game where he obliterated a team full of NFL caliber players.

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

I'm very high on Jones

Would also like Lance too

I wonder if Ballard could pull off a trade up for Lance that includes Eason, then maybe re-sign Jacoby or sign Fitz for insurance

to me it's almost pointless to have both Eason and Darnold, or Eason and Lance, on the roster

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

They really just paid a first and a third. The extra pick was for the lions to take Goff.

They still paid it. And gave the Lions a viable starting QB (I don't like him, but you can do worse). Lions want to reset, and now have two future firsts at their disposal to do so. They can trade into almost any position in this year's draft using the picks they got from LA.

It was the best offer. Definitely better than the Colts were going to do.

1 minute ago, poilucelt said:

I wonder if Ballard could pull off a trade up for Lance that includes Eason, then maybe re-sign Jacoby or sign Fitz for insurance

to me it's almost pointless to have both Eason and Darnold, or Eason and Lance, on the roster

Lance should fall 

He doesn't have much playing time 

1 minute ago, poilucelt said:

I don’t think Eason has much trade value.  He was a fourth round pick that hasn’t played a snap.  Those type of players don’t fetch much value around the NFL.  

I do wonder about having two young QBs on the roster though.  I am starting to think Jacoby might very well be back on a one year deal to be a bridge and mentor a rookie and help mentor Eason to replace him.

Uggh, that really hurt.  Happy for the Rams as they are one of my brothers favorite teams.  I really was counting on Stafford being here.  So what is Plan B?  Well, I think one thing we know is that unless the Colts could trade for the #1 pick and get Lawrence, there isnt' another QB in this draft the Colts would just start as a rookie.  IMHO, the only two QBs worth even drafting in the 1st are Lawrence and Wilson.  I think Lance and Fields will be busts.

So what about veterans?  At this point, I think the best we could do now is trade for Sam Darnold if the Jets are expecting to draft a QB.  He hasn't been great but he has upside.   There is now way we can get Watson.  Other than that, I guess bring in Nick Foles along with a high draft pick and Eason to compete.  Other than that, I think we are pretty much screwed. I think unless a miracle happens, we are likely looking at Jacoby Brissett again, which means another lost season.  If that is the case, I would actually rather the Colts since Nick Foles and just roll the dice wish Eason to see if he really is comparable to Justin Herbert as was reported by some sites.  He can't be worse than Brissett.

Oh, please Andrew Luck, if you ever wanted to come back to a team ready to win now, it is NOW!!!

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I would gladly trade 1 Super Bowl for 6 sucky seasons! I would rather win 1 championship than to go 8-8 or 9-7 every year and be continually disappointed. 

Of course you would....but you don't have to sell seats and sky boxes. The ultimate job of the franchise is to field a competitive team every year. SB's are the gravy that may or may not happen. 

We all enjoy it in our own way. All good........

If this comes down to a rookie QB- I'm just gonna zone this whole subject out for the next 8 months and wait and see, because there's nothing to even really say. We can argue projections for a bit, but that's only got so much shelf life.

Irsay said he wanted a vet. Well, who's that guy and does that do anything for anyone? 

Lance should fall 

neither Lance or Eason has playing time--I just think it's foolish to go into next season with what amounts to 2 developmental QBs (& I essentially put Darnold in that category as well)

Lance should fall 

Maybe the one thing you can always count on in the NFL draft are teams trading up to over draft a QB.  If he falls that normally means there are red flags that teams don’t trust  him to be the answer like Johnny Football or Brady Quinn.  Those types of falls are much more common than Aaron Rodgers.  

I don’t think Eason has much trade value.  He was a fourth round pick that hasn’t played a snap.  Those type of players don’t fetch much value around the NFL.  

I do wonder about having two young QBs on the roster though.  I am starting to think Jacoby might very well be back on a one year deal to be a bridge and mentor a rookie and help mentor Eason to replace him.

it's not about getting much in return for Eason, I just think having him and Darnold, or him and Lance, on the roster is not efficient or very smart

Maybe the one thing you can always count on in the NFL draft are teams trading up to over draft a QB.  If he falls that normally means there are red flags that teams don’t trust  him to be the answer like Johnny Football or Brady Quinn.  Those types of falls are much more common than Aaron Rodgers.  

Teams aren't gonna wanna take him top 10 knowing he only played 1 game this year. He might have to sit in 21 too. 

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Realistically, see how the draft goes, see if the Jets draft a QB, see if the Falcons draft a QB, author a draft day trade, IMO.

Unless you’re signing a WR in free agency, we don’t need to make any moves at QB before the draft, IMO.

Why would you need to make a QB move in the case that you sign a FA WR?  They don't care who the QB is as much as $$$.... The QB matters to a WR to BUILD the wr resume.... Not pad stats while collecting the huge money....

3 minutes ago, poilucelt said:

it's not about getting much in return for Eason, I just think having him and Darnold, or him and Lance, on the roster is not efficient or very smart

See I think most here still view Eason as a guy who the Colts think can become a starter.  I think the Colts view him as a guy who one day can be back up.  If that’s the case he has more value on the roster being developed for that role than traded even if they add another rookie to be the starter.  That’s why I could see them bringing Jacoby back on a one year deal to be a bridge guy to show if he developed any sitting behind Rivers and to mentor Eason and a rookie.  

Teams aren't gonna wanna take him top 10 knowing he only played 1 game this year. He might have to sit in 21 too. 

If they think he can be a franchise QB yes they will.  Remember it just takes one team to fall in love with him.

5 minutes ago, lennymoore24 said:

Uggh, that really hurt.  Happy for the Rams as they are one of my brothers favorite teams.  I really was counting on Stafford being here.  So what is Plan B?  Well, I think one thing we know is that unless the Colts could trade for the #1 pick and get Lawrence, there isnt' another QB in this draft the Colts would just start as a rookie.  IMHO, the only two QBs worth even drafting in the 1st are Lawrence and Wilson.  I think Lance and Fields will be busts.

So what about veterans?  At this point, I think the best we could do now is trade for Sam Darnold if the Jets are expecting to draft a QB.  He hasn't been great but he has upside.   There is now way we can get Watson.  Other than that, I guess bring in Nick Foles along with a high draft pick and Eason to compete.  Other than that, I think we are pretty much screwed. I think unless a miracle happens, we are likely looking at Jacoby Brissett again, which means another lost season.  If that is the case, I would actually rather the Colts since Nick Foles and just roll the dice wish Eason to see if he really is comparable to Justin Herbert as was reported by some sites.  He can't be worse than Brissett.

Oh, please Andrew Luck, if you ever wanted to come back to a team ready to win now, it is NOW!!!

There is no other difference making qb available.  Nick Files will probably be our big move.....gag me with a pitchfork.... But I'd prefer that to another worthless year of JB apologists explaining to me how he leads us to quality wins, despite his massively glaring weaknesses..... 

maybe everyone should pass on him just to see if Green Bay drafts him....

(sorry, couldn't resist; would love to see THAT quarterback room: "Hey Aaron" "Hey Jordan" "Hey Trey" etc)

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I can't believe the plan is to go into the season with a rookie or Eason as the starter.  Nor JB.  I still think we are trading for a veteran.  Best guess Darnold or Goff.  

wonder which one would now have the higher price tag?

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I can't believe the plan is to go into the season with a rookie or Eason as the starter.  Nor JB.  I still think we are trading for a veteran.  Best guess Darnold or Goff.  

based on what we know, I think this is probably not as off the wall as we'd want.

There's a reason the Browns didn't get the QB spot right for like 3 decades or something and why the Rams were willing to pay to do this. You have to have a QB or your team will suck. 

Maybe the 5th QB in the draft class will be the ticket- not that I buy that, but it's trending that way.

Hopefully Ballard has a move that's off the board. 

And whoever threw Andrew Luck under the bus today.. Yea, that was always going to be a massive thing to move on from.

Just now, The Fish said:

He thinks he's should be the highest paid QB (or right around it).

Trading into that, coming off his injury.

Every FA QB thinks they should be the highest paid QB. That's how the market works. 

That's just where the bar is set for me. I don't want anyone else who would be available.

I'd only consider Wentz if the Colts get a pick in exchange for taking Wentz's contract, and I know that comes with uncertainty. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

My guess would be Goff.  Probably a 1st.  I would trade a 2nd for Darnold tomorrow and feel good about it.  

I would also feel that more of Goff's deterioration has been self-inflicted than Darnold's

maybe Frank looks at Darnold and sees another (early) Wentz? I haven't seen it, but whenever I watched the Gase Jets I really didn't know what in the world I was seeing anyway

Archived