Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doug Pederson fired

chad72

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I wonder if they keep Wentz now 

I do wonder because their offense was all over the place without a real identity all year.

I still think they try to move Wentz because if you have 2 QBs you have none. Pointless to not see what they have in Jalen Hurts.

Just now, chad72 said:

I do wonder because their offense was all over the place without a real identity all year.

I still think they try to move Wentz because if you have 2 QBs you have none. Pointless to not see what they have in Jalen Hurts.

Ownership picked Wentz or Pederson. My guess is he stays. I guess the next coach might have a say bur this pretty much seems they want to keep Wentz.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree. But the trade of Wentz won't get them much because of the terrible cap hit they or the trade partner takes on. Getting rid of Wentz is more than committing to Hurts; its a money dump. Honestly, I think any team that takes on Wentz will demand that the Eagles absorb a significant part of the cap hit. With a mid round pick in return. That's how bad Wentz' cap hit is. 

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Ownership picked Wentz or Pederson. My guess is he stays. I guess the next coach might have a say bur this pretty much seems they want to keep Wentz.

To hard to move him financially as well.  Having a lower cap next year amplifies the problem even more.  They, the owner,  invested a ton in Wentz.  I think he's staying put.

25 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Do you think Frank brings Pederson aboard?

I do wonder about this as well....maybe as a passing game coordinator or something crazy, just to have another mind in the room. Not sure Pederson would want that role anyways, but it is a thought.

This is a full blown redo:

The Eagles have made changes to the coaching staff over the past week, not renewing the contracts of senior offensive assistants Rich Scangarello and Marty Mornhinweg. Defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz retired and linebackers coach Ken Flajole is also reportedly not expected to return. 

35 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That probably takes Wentz off the trade block. Ownership picked Wentz over Pederson.

I don't think so.  I think Pederson lost the locker room when he pulled Hurts.  Ownership/Management probably told him to do it.  But Pederson takes the fall for it.  Honestly, he looked so stressed and worn out that I think he wanted out.

34 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

That probably takes Wentz off the trade block. Ownership picked Wentz over Pederson.

I think ownership is rolling with Hurts and a new scheme. Wentz will be traded, hopefully not here.

4 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I don't think so.  I think Pederson lost the locker room when he pulled Hurts.  Ownership/Management probably told him to do it.  But Pederson take the fall for it.  Honestly, he looked so stressed and worn out that I think he wanted out.

I agree ownership made that call for draft capital and it made firing a SB coach look more justifiable.

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

If they're stuck with Wentz and trying to resurrect his career, we have to explore what they would give us for Frank.  

besides even if they did go that route have you thought about the most obvious question...

who becomes the head coach ?

Just now, danlhart87 said:

besides even if they did go that route have you thought about the most obvious question...

who becomes the head coach ?

I want the young OC Joe Brady.  Turned Burrow into a college football legend in 1 year.  Very innovative offensive mind.  Could be the next McVey.  I'd like to see what he could do with either Eason or a young QB from this year's draft.

Just now, Smoke317 said:

I want the young OC Joe Brady.  Turned Burrow into a college football legend in 1 year.  Very innovative offensive mind.  Could be the next McVey.  I'd like to see what he could do with either Eason or a young QB from this year's draft.

He's very young but also very inexperienced. The chances of him crashing and burning are probably higher than him being a success.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

He's very young but also very inexperienced. The chances of him crashing and burning are probably higher than him being a success.

Possibly.  That's why you pair him with an established DC or assistant head coach like the Rams did with Wade Phillips with McVey.  Maybe a Jim Caldwell or some former head coach like that.

27 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I agree. But the trade of Wentz won't get them much because of the terrible cap hit they or the trade partner takes on. Getting rid of Wentz is more than committing to Hurts; its a money dump. Honestly, I think any team that takes on Wentz will demand that the Eagles absorb a significant part of the cap hit. With a mid round pick in return. That's how bad Wentz' cap hit is. 

Thing is people don't realize is that there are rules as to how the cap hit is doled out.

The team trading the player away has to take the cap hit for all of the remaining signing bonus not pro-rated.   They also have to take the hit if there is a roster bonus that is past the date it's suppose to be paid on.  

Anything else is the responsibility of the team receiving the player. 

So by my calculations this would be the cap hit for the team receiving Wentz

2021: 25.4 Million Fully guaranteed 

2022: 22 Million Kind of guaranteed (There are certain cut off dates in which if cut before it would be only partially guaranteed)

2023: 25 Million None guaranteed

2024: 26 Million None guaranteed

The Eagles would be on the hook for the remaining 33.8 million of Wentz's signing bonus in one way or another. 

11 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Football legend?  Really

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Football legend?  Really

The guy had the greatest college football season in history.  You don't think that was a legendary season?  Burrow is a college football legend just based off of that season.  Sorry should have put "college" in front of football legend.  lol.

30 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

The guy had the greatest college football season in history.  You don't think that was a legendary season?  Burrow is a college football legend just based off of that season.  Sorry should have put "college" in front of football legend.  lol.

He wasn’t even the Offensive coordinator for LSU he was the Passing game Coordinator and WR coach. Steve Ensminger was the Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. 

I’m not saying he doesn’t have a bright future but the guy is super inexperienced and going from a coach that won 11 games to him is just asking for Regression. We would be the Lions

5 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

He wasn’t even the Offensive coordinator for LSU he was the Passing game Coordinator and WR coach. Steve Ensminger was the Offensive Coordinator and QB coach. 

I’m not saying he doesn’t have a bright future but the guy is super inexperienced and going from a coach that won 11 games to him is just asking for Regression. We would be the Lions

Great post.  You're right.  He was the passing game coordinator.  Ensminger was the OC.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

If they're stuck with Wentz and trying to resurrect his career, we have to explore what they would give us for Frank.  

:loco:

2 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

:realitycheck:

I like your train of thought about Reich coaching Wentz...Pederson got fired b/c he sold out his team....What kind of an owner would stand for that? One former HC echoed this statement one day: "Hello! You play to win the game, Hello!!!"Unfortunately Pederson didn't hear that....

57 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

I like your train of thought about Reich coaching Wentz...Pederson got fired b/c he sold out his team....What kind of an owner would stand for that? One former HC echoed this statement one day: "Hello! You play to win the game, Hello!!!"Unfortunately Pederson didn't hear that....

Herm Edwards lol

Archived