Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts win a Superbowl with Reich and Rivers?

Nesjan3

Can the Colts win a Superbowl with Reich and Rivers?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Colts win a Superbowl with Reich and Rivers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes with Reich but dont let Rivers return

7 hours ago, coming on strong said:

in the game is different from being contenders .  with a top ten QB colts would have blew out the bills . trade QBs and put rivers on the bills it would be a blow out .  

I'm not sure how you can possibly say that.

Rivers was terrific today, and the Bills have better weapons at WR.  The Bills also made their FGs.

Also, wasn't Rivers a top 10 QB this year?  If not, right on the cusp.

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

yes

100% agree.

Rivers had a higher QBR today than Allen, and embarrassed both Goff and Wilson.

Mobility and supreme arm strength are nice traits, but they're not the "end all, be all." 

You cannot quantify Rivers' ability to constantly make good decisions and put the offense in the right play at the line of scrimmage.  Surround him with talent.  The drops today by our skill players were crushing.

Eberflus' defense has the capacity to finish top 10 in every metric with 2 more pass rushers (1 interior, and 1 edge).

5 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

100% agree.

Mobility and supreme arm strength are nice traits, but they're not the "end all, be all." 

You cannot quantify Rivers' ability to constantly make good decisions and put the offense in the right play at the line of scrimmage.  Surround him with talent.  The drops today by our skill players were crushing.

Eberflus' defense has the capacity to finish top 10 in every metric with 2 more pass rushers (1 interior, and 1 edge).

I think the biggest reason for the loss was drops.

Yes, they went 11-5 this year and were only not really competitive in one gone.  Of their six loses only two weren’t one score games.  Despite what some think this team was very close to be in the position the Bills were today.  The number two seed at home in the playoffs.  It didn’t work out.  Can they run it back with the same success?  Too early to tell but they showed this year they most definitely can win a Super Bowl with Reich and Rivers if things break their way.

11 hours ago, eaglerockdude said:

Hilarious.  Another post said since his arm was not strong enough, the hail mary did not work.

You guys don't deserve Rivers.  He should probably just go to the Patriots. 

Colts fans aren't going to worship the ground Rivers walks on sorry. 

Having said that. The loss was on Frank and the WR room. 

Rivers and Reiche go back a ways. I respect them both as QBs, leaders and men. The Colts are extending the team's football tradition. It was a tremendous loss when Andrew Luck decided, for health reasons, to resign. It took courage and a commitment. I hope that Luck and Rivers find the time to return as a guides to the future of Colts football. Beyond the QB situation, I believe there is a spirit on the team that provides a glowing foundation for the future. 

I am proud to be a Colts fan.

I dont want to fire Frank. But much like every HC, he needs an elite QB in order to win it all, or have the luckiest of lucky match ups come playoff time. This isnt a knock on Reich its just the way things are in the NFL. 

So no, he can't we can't win a SB with only Frank. Irsay did an interview a week or 2 ago and talked about Frank being in his prime within the next 2 years. He's only been a HC for 3 years. He needs to learn from his mistakes this year and there were plenty of them. 

Rivers did enough to win this game. The WR room had more to do with this loss than anyone else. Dropping balls in the playoffs is unacceptable. They clearly let the moment get to them. 

44 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I dont want to fire Frank. But much like every HC, he needs an elite QB in order to win it all, or have the luckiest of lucky match ups come playoff time. This isnt a knock on Reich its just the way things are in the NFL. 

So no, he can't we can't win a SB with only Frank. Irsay did an interview a week or 2 ago and talked about Frank being in his prime within the next 2 years. He's only been a HC for 3 years. He needs to learn from his mistakes this year and there were plenty of them. 

Rivers did enough to win this game. The WR room had more to do with this loss than anyone else. Dropping balls in the playoffs is unacceptable. They clearly let the moment get to them. 

I generally agree with this assessment (I don't want to fire Frank Reich). There are areas of coaching in which he excels. At present, play-calling is not one of those areas. It may be that he can learn to understand the proper place of plays in the context of a game plan - that each play needs to build upon the others in order to forward the objectives of the game plan. But it is also possible that he will never 'see' that. This is the difference between a very good chess player and an amateur. Unpredictability is not random but a planned series of events.

As for the unfortunate mistakes made during the game, this may be related to the flow of plays in the game plan, too. Players can tense up trying too hard to overcome deficits, and that's where mistakes are made. In sports, this is called playing within yourself and going with the flow. The coach's job is creating and directing that flow toward the objective.

Bills 27 Colts 24

Only lost by a field goal, and Buffalo was probably the hottest team going into the playoffs.

Everyone focuses on his arm, or mobility.  Nobody mentions his leadership.  His character.

I could see if the Colts got blown out or something.   That was a decent showing.

Also..it was Rivers first year in the system.  Next year he would be a little bit better.

Anyway...the opinions on this forum won't decide anything.  Reich will do that.

10 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Rivers was terrific today, and the Bills have better weapons at WR.  The Bills also made their FGs.

Believe me when I say, if it wasn't for Rivers the Colts would not of played today. To state that Rivers played terrific today is incorrect. Case in point, 4th and goal, overthrew Pittman for a sure fire TD. Going for it on 4th down and failing to execute is not on Frank it was on Rivers failure to get it done. The play was there to be made and was chocked. I mean it's just not Rivers it's near about the whole team. When a play is crucial, more often than not, someone on the team fails to do their job which results in a undesirable situation. This team is not consistent enough yet to go further. Therefore, what this team lacks is playmakers. People who are mentally tough and talented enough to consistently make the plays that are needed to advance. My opinion Rivers should get another crack at it, but add more playmakers including him to step up in crucial situations. 

11 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

yea your right i rivers was fine i was just venting yesterday looking at it today if the colts had better wrs and corners colts would win easily

losing paris cambell doomed the colts this year .  He was the chosen one , to replace ty as the true number 1 .  When healthy in the limited snaps i saw him play he is getting tyrek hill type separation .   colts need to replace hilton with a true number 1 then with pittman and cambell colts offense will be much better .

43 minutes ago, lincolndefan said:

Believe me when I say, if it wasn't for Rivers the Colts would not of played today. To state that Rivers played terrific today is incorrect. Case in point, 4th and goal, overthrew Pittman for a sure fire TD. Going for it on 4th down and failing to execute is not on Frank it was on Rivers failure to get it done. The play was there to be made and was chocked. I mean it's just not Rivers it's near about the whole team. When a play is crucial, more often than not, someone on the team fails to do their job which results in a undesirable situation. This team is not consistent enough yet to go further. Therefore, what this team lacks is playmakers. People who are mentally tough and talented enough to consistently make the plays that are needed to advance. My opinion Rivers should get another crack at it, but add more playmakers including him to step up in crucial situations. 

So, in your estimation, Rivers was not terrific yesterday because of a pass off the fingertips of the receiver on a 4th down play in the first half?

I'm not buying that.  Rivers played a terrific game.  I'm not saying it was a perfect game, as I've never seen any QB have one of those.

Would you say Allen was terrific yesterday?  In crunch time, he ran backwards 15 yards and fumbled the ball, on a drive that could have iced the game.  But that doesn't get talked about because the Bills ended up winning.

Both QBs were terrific.  Allen got just a little more from his supporting cast (specifically FG kicking, which was the exact difference in score).

10 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

So, in your estimation, Rivers was not terrific yesterday because of a pass off the fingertips of the receiver on a 4th down play in the first half?

I'm not buying that.  Rivers played a terrific game.  I'm not saying it was a perfect game, as I've never seen any QB have one of those.

Would you say Allen was terrific yesterday?  In crunch time, he ran backwards 15 yards and fumbled the ball, on a drive that could have iced the game.  But that doesn't get talked about because the Bills ended up winning.

Both QBs were terrific.  Allen got just a little more from his supporting cast (specifically FG kicking, which was the exact difference in score).

Lack of execution my friend. When needed in the clutch it was failure. It was not all on Rivers.

19 hours ago, eaglerockdude said:

So you have a poll, but with an option to not let Rivers return?  He was the main reason you guys were in todays game.

I know the guy played good, no turnovers, 309 yards, 2 TD's. Some just don't like him for whatever reason I have no idea?? If we didn't have Rivers we wouldn't of made the playoffs and that is truth.

11 hours ago, zibby43 said:

100% agree.

I wish I could give this 10 trophy LIKES.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:00 PM, Rackeen305 said:

The Bottom line is, Rivers showed on the final play that he cant throw 47 yards into the endzone. And he's stiff as a rock. Not gonna win much NFL games with how the game is played now a days. Dont be mad. Improve the QB position so that this team can make a deep playoff push.

If all you want is a strong arm...maybe get some gold medal javlin thrower from the olmpics or something...I am sure that person can wing that ball pretty far.  Then you can win the superbowl.

6 minutes ago, eaglerockdude said:

If all you want is a strong arm...maybe get some gold medal javlin thrower from the olmpics or something...I am sure that person can wing that ball pretty far.  Then you can win the superbowl.

I agree, probably on that hailmary JB should've came in but you only throw hailmary's once or twice a game. The people that believe winning is about a QB having a strong arm must want Jeff George back lmao . I want a QB that is accurate which Rivers was this year, smart between the ears at changing plays, and doesn't make mistakes. Rivers only had 11 INT's this year and none on Saturday.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, probably on that hailmary JB should've came in but you only throw hailmary's once or twice a game. The people that believe winning is about a QB having a strong arm must want Jeff George back lmao . I want a QB that is accurate which Rivers was this year, smart between the ears at changing plays, and doesn't make mistakes. Rivers only had 11 INT's this year and none on Saturday.

Once or twice a game?   Maybe once or twice a season :>)

Red zone play calling was pretty predictable minus the toss play that lost 3 yards. The throw on 4th down to Pittman was about as good as it could have been. Rivers had pressure coming which forced him to fade back while the route developed. He had to then drop it over 2 bills while fading back. Diggs comes up with that catch

On 1/10/2021 at 8:42 AM, eaglerockdude said:

Bills 27 Colts 24

Only lost by a field goal, and Buffalo was probably the hottest team going into the playoffs.

Everyone focuses on his arm, or mobility.  Nobody mentions his leadership.  His character.

I could see if the Colts got blown out or something.   That was a decent showing.

Also..it was Rivers first year in the system.  Next year he would be a little bit better.

Anyway...the opinions on this forum won't decide anything.  Reich will do that.

Ballard and Irsay...

Archived