Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts win a Superbowl with Reich and Rivers?

Nesjan3

83 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Colts win a Superbowl with Reich and Rivers?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes with Reich but dont let Rivers return

3 minutes ago, eaglerockdude said:

So you have a poll, but with an option to not let Rivers return?  He was the main reason you guys were in todays game.

in the game is different from being contenders .  with a top ten QB colts would have blew out the bills . trade QBs and put rivers on the bills it would be a blow out .  

Nope, fire Reich after this game. Plenty of great HC candidates we can replace him with. Rivers looked done in the game today. He's not genuinely horrible, but we could hardly move the ball at times, and he's completely immobile. I want to draft a QB to compete with Eason next year, even if he's not in the first round.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nope, fire Reich after this game. Plenty of great HC candidates we can replace him with. Rivers looked done in the game today. He's not genuinely horrible, but we could hardly move the ball at times, and he's completely immobile. I want to draft a QB to compete with Eason next year, even if he's not in the first round.

Do you believe Rivers is anything as his former years? Even at that level he couldn't get it done. Stop wasting young player years. You need to elevate the QB position. Josh Allen is young and isn't going anywhere.

1 minute ago, Rackeen305 said:

Do you believe Rivers is anything as his former years? Even at that level he couldn't get it done. Stop wasting young player years. You need to elevate the QB position. Josh Allen is young and isn't going anywhere.

Not sure why you gave me the confused emoji. We completely agree here.

The Bottom line is, Rivers showed on the final play that he cant throw 47 yards into the endzone. And he's stiff as a rock. Not gonna win much NFL games with how the game is played now a days. Dont be mad. Improve the QB position so that this team can make a deep playoff push.

Need someone else calling plays for sure Reich has been spotty at best. I'm all for aggressive calls, 4th and 1, 4th and 2 not 4th and 4 in a low scoring battle. Rivers played decent this year, was better before injury on long throws but we can upgrade and get a younger healthier option with so many floating around.

12 minutes ago, WalkerPercy said:

Hey genius, you do realize we were down 2tds in the 4th quarter and he led us to quick scores.  Very hard to do.  A couple of close plays here and there and a few different decisions we win that game.  But you want to be negative and dumb so have at it.  You don’t know much about football....that’s obvious.  

Yes and the first drive had runs for 29 and 20 yards and the second drive had a run for 33 yards which were the largest yardage gain in both drives. 

but frankly your disrespect and inability to have a civil conversation is not worth my time.

43 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Reich gave you your answer today

passing up gimme FG with the lead on the road with momentum on Colts side after being down 3-7

going into half with all 3 timeouts

wasting a timeout in the 4th quarter on a bad challenge which later leads to colts end up running out of time trying to get info field goal range to tie

sometimes you have to ignore analytics and keep momentum on your side by coming away with points 

47 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Rivers is not to blame today but there is a ceiling on him. I don’t see him leading Indy to the promised land.  No slight intended to him as he exceeded my expectations and I am satisfied with what he gave us...but it’s not enough to reach the pinnacle.

Reich on the other hand was a big disappointment this season. My confidence in him has decreased. I don’t think he is the right coach to lead us to a Super Bowl based on what so witnessed from him this season. I think he lost several football IQ points over the offseason.  He is the biggest reason why the Colts lost to the Bills today. He cost us the game with his obsession with coming off as an analytics guru.  Colts may have to eventually look in another direction if this continues. 

Look at Philly since Reich left. He played a huge role in them winning a SB. He just needs to stop gambling as much. Take the game as it comes. I do think he can be an elite coach.

Rivers is done. We must find a QB of the future. Easier said than done though.

Would Irsay make a call to Luck to see about possibly returning? 

17 minutes ago, tucky89 said:

Look at Philly since Reich left. He played a huge role in them winning a SB. He just needs to stop gambling as much. Take the game as it comes. I do think he can be an elite coach.

Rivers is done. We must find a QB of the future. Easier said than done though.

Would Irsay make a call to Luck to see about possibly returning? 

He is an awesome play designer. He comes up with great plays, the problem is he calls them at bad times and makes poor coaching decisions. He shouldnt ever call plays, or manage games.

12 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

He is an awesome play designer. He comes up with great plays, the problem is he calls them at bad times and makes poor coaching decisions. He shouldnt ever call plays, or manage games.

I'd be in favor of an offensive coordinator. Let Frank focus on everything else.

Probably not with Rivers, but I really dont mean that as a slight because realistically, he wasn't brought in with the intent of doing that.  The team brought him in so that they could make the playoffs and possibly make a run depending on matchups.  He has met if not exceeded expectations for his play in my opinion.  

Jury is still out on Reich.  I think he is a good play designer and can scheme guys open, but he has to take a long look in the mirror with his decision making based on game situation instead of thoughtlessly doing the same thingbecause it is the "aggressive" thing to do.  

1 hour ago, eaglerockdude said:

Hilarious.  Another post said since his arm was not strong enough, the hail mary did not work.

You guys don't deserve Rivers.  He should probably just go to the Patriots. 

This, roll with Wentz??  Colts will want Rivers back because the Pats have no qbs and Belly might want Phil

5 minutes ago, CoachKjr said:

This, roll with Wentz??  Colts will want Rivers back because the Pats have no qbs and Belly might want Phil

No to Wentz. Hell no. 

It's no coincidence the team wins a SB with Foles. And are a Jeffery drop away from upsetting New Orleans. Only to trade Foles, and start Wentz. They've gone backwards ever since.

And he's injury prone.

Say what you want about old man Rivers. But at least he's durable.

Also not sure why the Patriots would want Rivers. They need a full rebuild of their roster.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Rivers is not to blame today but there is a ceiling on him. I don’t see him leading Indy to the promised land.  No slight intended to him as he exceeded my expectations and I am satisfied with what he gave us...but it’s not enough to reach the pinnacle.

Reich on the other hand was a big disappointment this season. My confidence in him has decreased. I don’t think he is the right coach to lead us to a Super Bowl based on what so witnessed from him this season. I think he lost several football IQ points over the offseason.  He is the biggest reason why the Colts lost to the Bills today. He cost us the game with his obsession with coming off as an analytics guru.  Colts may have to eventually look in another direction if this continues. 

Agreed with this post. We lost too many games including this one where he had to defend poor decisions to be aggressive. If we win all the aggressive calls then he’s coach of the year. But we did not and it’s because the play calls didn’t get it done. So you call what your personnel can accomplish to win games and in that regard I think he deserves evaluation just like anyone else on the team. 

he brings a lot of good to the table so not calling for his head, but evaluation and adjustment moving forward. I don’t think we part ways with him 

2 hours ago, eaglerockdude said:

Hilarious.  Another post said since his arm was not strong enough, the hail mary did not work.

You guys don't deserve Rivers.  He should probably just go to the Patriots. 

I really, really, really agree with your last statement!! Do you think he could take his HC along?

5 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

An android and analytics...recipe for mediocrity.

Archived