Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Im exhausted!

NannyMcafee

3 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I like the fight and hunger of this team. It starts with Reich and Phil Rivers (who is dadgummed hungry for a Super Bowl) and trickles down to the youngest player on the team. I think we learned a lot about them in the Packers game and I think if we can go into Pittsburgh and smack a Steelers team that has given us nightmares over the years, we will go into the playoffs as a force to be reckoned with. 

just my $.02

There, fixed it for ya. :P

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Listen. You wanna be the best, you gotta beat the best.  The road to the Super Bowl will, barring anything stupid happening, end up going thru at least one of the Chiefs, Bills or Steelers. Cant be scared of these teams, rise up take it to them. Let the chips fall where they may

That's kind of the way I feel.  Easier said than done but they need to go into Pittsburg and get a big win.  One game at a time.  Hopefully they can keep it close with a chance in the 4th.  I feel like the Colts control their own destiny.  That being said I'll still root against Cleveland, Mia, Tenn, and Baltimore :goodluck:.  

6 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

Yeah I get it.  It's possible, although somewhat unlikely, that 4 teams in the AFC will be 11-5 and vying for 3 playoff spots, and one of them will get left out of the playoffs.  The funny thing is its only happened a couple of times in the modern era, and this year has an extra playoff spot.  How terrible would that be that you could win 11 games, have an extra playoff spot, and STILL not get in while a team in the NFC East will HOST a playoff game with maybe 6 or 7 wins?

the matrix no GIF

8 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Ever since the Colts played/lost to the Titans, we have been in playoff mode every week. All these must win games are frying my nerves, and it isn't even playoff time. 

I shouldn't be so damn nervous against a decimated Houston Texans team. 

But here we are, AGAIN vs the Steelers, the biggest game of the season on the line. 

No worries... I'll still have some semblance of nerve once the playoffs roll around... if we get in... I think.

10-4 and the Colts still aren't even in the playoffs.

And yes, the Jags do make me nervous because they always treat this game like the SB of their season, and hang around and play us tough. 

Best or worst season I've experience? I dont even know anymore. 

I remember in the Peyton years, it was hard for me to get invested in regular season games (most years).  It didnt seem to matter if we won or lost ever week.  We all knew We would still win the division, and make the playoffs.  So every year it was kinda like get thru the season and lets get to the playoffs.  It was almost hard to enjoy games cuz theydidnt seem to matter.

This is far more exciting week after week for me.  I’m more emotionally invested every week.... and , even tho more stressful, more enjoyable and engaging for me. 

10 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@w87r Do you feel like that loss to the Jaguars has come back to haunt us? Ever since that first game I had a bad feeling about us yet again not being able to go all the way. I tried to shake it off all season but every time I see the Jaguars’ record and they have that one win, it makes me want to take our team/coaching staff, line them up like the 3 Stooges, and go smacking away! Now with the AFC being such a close-knit race, do you feel like we put the nail in our own coffin in Game 1? 

I don’t have an actual number, but I believe the number of teams to win 11 games and still miss the playoffs is incredibly small.   Like one or two hands fulls of teams, maybe with a few fingers left over.   Very rare.   If it happens to us, so be it.   I’m not going to beat up an 11 win team because they didn’t win 12.    That doesn’t seem right to me. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t have an actual number, but I believe the number of teams to win 11 games and still miss the playoffs is incredibly small.   Like one or two hands fulls of teams, maybe with a few fingers left over.   Very rare.   If it happens to us, so be it.   I’m not going to beat up an 11 win team because they didn’t win 12.    That doesn’t seem right to me. 

Just did an actual Google search.   The number of times a team has won 11 games in a 16 game season and still missed the playoffs is......................    two.    That’s it. 

The 1985 Denver Broncos.   The 2008 New England Patriots.    That’s it.   Two!

The odds are in our favor.   Not that anyone can tell by the posts the last 24 hours.   We might make it three.   Might.   But it’s highly unlikely. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just did an actual Google search.   The number of times a team has won 11 games in a 16 game season and still missed the playoffs is......................    two.    That’s it. 

The 1985 Denver Broncos.   The 2008 New England Patriots.    That’s it.   Two!

The odds are in our favor.   Not that anyone can tell by the posts the last 24 hours.   We might make it three.   Might.   But it’s highly unlikely. 

There are so many scenarios it's mind boggling. 

19 hours ago, shasta519 said:

True...but you can do that with wins too though. The past two HOU games have ended on fumbles at the 2 yard line. CIN ended with an INT while they were driving. GB with a weak fumble in OT after winning the coin toss. 

That’s just football. Have to move onto the next game.

The fumble in the 1st Houston game was a bad snap, just blind luck on our part but in both the Green Bay game and the 2nd one against Houston, our defense forced both game clinching fumbles - they stepped up and made a play, creating their own luck and deserve the credit for ensuring those 2 wins.

20 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

@w87r Do you feel like that loss to the Jaguars has come back to haunt us? Ever since that first game I had a bad feeling about us yet again not being able to go all the way. I tried to shake it off all season but every time I see the Jaguars’ record and they have that one win, it makes me want to take our team/coaching staff, line them up like the 3 Stooges, and go smacking away! Now with the AFC being such a close-knit race, do you feel like we put the nail in our own coffin in Game 1? 

I'm with you on this one always  thought that game was going to come back and haunt us, and we never play well against the Piitt and they just lost 3 in a row. We lose here and the season will have been a waste if we do not make the playoffs;

10 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

I'm with you on this one always  thought that game was going to come back and haunt us, and we never play well against the Piitt and they just lost 3 in a row. We lose here and the season will have been a waste if we do not make the playoffs;

I agree. Honestly  it's  been bad luck stopping us from beating  the Steelers.  Untimely  turnovers and injuries.

48 minutes ago, colts8718 said:

The Steelers havent been doing well. Its important to bring our A game because the Steelers will after losing yet again. 

If the Colts win the pressure mounts on the Titans on Sunday night to beat GB and we want to put pressure on them. 

1 hour ago, NannyMcafee said:

The Steelers havent been doing well. Its important to bring our A game because the Steelers will after losing yet again. 

If the Colts win the pressure mounts on the Titans on Sunday night to beat GB and we want to put pressure on them. 

Need rodgers throw 7 tds in the first half so henry will ride the bench lol

5 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

The fumble in the 1st Houston game was a bad snap, just blind luck on our part but in both the Green Bay game and the 2nd one against Houston, our defense forced both game clinching fumbles - they stepped up and made a play, creating their own luck and deserve the credit for ensuring those 2 wins.

They were good plays. But in both cases (like most fumbles), the WR played a big role. Coutee never really secured the ball...and MVS's fumble was really soft (he got his arm slapped). 

Given how often defenses try to force fumbles...they are typically lucky by default. But that's not my point...and I am not trying to take away anything from those wins. My point was that you can play the hindsight game with many wins and losses in any given season. 

Archived