Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Falcons fire Dan Quinn

danlhart87

To be fair, their entire secondary has been DECIMATED.  Doesn't mean they were top-notch anyway, but some of those guys were signed off the street to play.

I highly doubt this firing is all due to this season.  They were likely looking for a reason and 0-5 will do it.  But I think this has been brewing since the Superbowl meltdown vs. the Pats IMHO.

To quote Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, "Who's f'ing next?!" I think it'll be Adam Gase. If Joe Judge wasn't in his 1st year with the Giants (and Barkley hadn't gone down) then he'd be in real trouble too but if they're 0-10 at the bye, he may be sacked anyway.

7 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

To quote Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon, "Who's f'ing next?!" I think it'll be Adam Gase. If Joe Judge wasn't in his 1st year with the Giants (and Barkley hadn't gone down) then he'd be in real trouble too but if they're 0-10 at the bye, he may be sacked anyway.

Im not sure why Adam Gase is a head coach.  He road the coattails of Peyton Manning and hasn’t done anything since.  Did the Jaguars get a new coach this offseason?   I can see Matt Patricia for the Lions getting canned soon. Anthony Lynn and Vic Fangio are also good candidates to be fired. 

3 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Im not sure why Adam Gase is a head coach.  He road the coattails of Peyton Manning and hasn’t done anything since.  Did the Jaguars get a new coach this offseason?   I can see Matt Patricia for the Lions getting canned soon. Anthony Lynn and Vic Fangio are also good candidates to be fired. 

Doug Marrone has been the Jaguars coach since the end of the 2016 season. He served as interim coach for the final 2 games after Gus Bradley was fired, and he got the permanent gig that January. The Jags made it to the playoffs for the 1st time in a decade in his 1st year as their coach, advancing to the AFC Championship game before seeming to fall off a cliff, winning only 12 games over 2 &1/2 seasons since then, to include this one.

Lynn & Fangio are both candidates for the chopping block, although I don't think Anthony will be fired during the season but barring a postseason run by the Chargers, he's probably one of the 1st casualties on "Black Monday". GM Tom Telesco may also be in danger, although he has put alot of talented players on the roster, he's had back-to-back flops in his Head Coaching hires in Mike McCoy & then Lynn.

12 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

Doug Marrone has been the Jaguars coach since the end of the 2016 season. He served as interim coach for the final 2 games after Gus Bradley was fired, and he got the permanent gig that January. The Jags made it to the playoffs for the 1st time in a decade in his 1st year as their coach, advancing to the AFC Championship game before seeming to fall off a cliff, winning only 12 games over 2 &1/2 seasons since then, to include this one.

Lynn & Fangio are both candidates for the chopping block, although I don't think Anthony will be fired during the season but barring a postseason run by the Chargers, he's probably one of the 1st casualties on "Black Monday". GM Tom Telesco may also be in danger, although he has put alot of talented players on the roster, he's had back-to-back flops in his Head Coaching hires in Mike McCoy & then Lynn.

Fangio keeps his job because of his QB situation, which was brought upon by Elway. Unless Elway is fired, Fangio stays.

Lynn, if Telesco is gone, he is gone too. Doug Marrone has been hamstrung by both David Caldwell, the GM, and Tom Coughlin. I think he can do better without Caldwell in the picture.

11 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

Joe Judge seemed like a rushed hire, like Freddie Kitchens last year for the Browns.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Fangio keeps his job because of his QB situation, which was brought upon by Elway. Unless Elway is fired, Fangio stays.

Lynn, if Telesco is gone, he is gone too. Doug Marrone has been hamstrung by both David Caldwell, the GM, and Tom Coughlin. I think he can do better without Caldwell in the picture.

I don't know, Elway canned Vance Joseph after only 2 years, and he wasn't exactly dealt a decent hand as far as starting quarterbacks go: in his 1st year he had Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler & Paxton Lynch all start games for the Broncos, and Case Keenum for his final season at the helm. Of those four, 2 are currently backups on other NFL teams, 1 is a free agent & the other is completely out of football.

I don't know if Telesco gets canned, he may or may not but in general, he's done a good job as a GM in stocking the roster with talent, and being able to extend a few of his better acquisitions. If he's made any mistakes, it's been his 2 head coaching hires, but he may get 1 more kick at the can in that regard. I could easily see Lynn going and Telesco staying, but I can't imagine the opposite scenario in which they keep Lynn & dump Telesco so you're right, if Telesco goes, then Lynn is definitely gone too.

18 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

I don't know, Elway canned Vance Joseph after only 2 years, and he wasn't exactly dealt a decent hand as far as starting quarterbacks go: in his 1st year he had Trevor Siemian, Brock Osweiler & Paxton Lynch all start games for the Broncos, and Case Keenum for his final season at the helm. Of those four, 2 are currently backups on other NFL teams, 1 is a free agent & the other is completely out of football.

I don't know if Telesco gets canned, he may or may not but in general, he's done a good job as a GM in stocking the roster with talent, and being able to extend a few of his better acquisitions. If he's made any mistakes, it's been his 2 head coaching hires, but he may get 1 more kick at the can in that regard. I could easily see Lynn going and Telesco staying, but I can't imagine the opposite scenario in which they keep Lynn & dump Telesco so you're right, if Telesco goes, then Lynn is definitely gone too.

Man, Justin Herbert looked good yesterday. That was a game the Chargers should have won in regulation. In 21 games, Anthony Lynn has lost 13 games of 1 score or less, that might bring him a lot of scrutiny. 

12 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Herbert is the real deal 

He's played well enough to win all 4 games that he's started, especially last night: 4 TD passes & no picks, and he got the Chargers within range to kick a game winning 50 yard fied goal (Badgley's max is 59 yards) but it hit the upright and bounced out.

5 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

He's played well enough to win all 4 games that he's started, especially last night: 4 TD passes & no picks, and he got the Chargers within range to kick a game winning 50 yard fied goal (Badgley's max is 59 yards) but it hit the upright and bounced out.

Chargers should've won last night. Vinatieri did that too us last year as well. FG kickers are critical.

Archived