Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rock Ya-Sin is stacked

ColtStrong2013

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I mean, correct me if I’m wrong on this, but do you really assume Ballard and this coaching staff have the starting lineup in ink going into training camp? I’m fairly positive everyone has a chance to move up (and down) the depth chart in camp.

I am sort of confused by the question. I certainly don't assume that...which is why I said it should be an open competition that Tell deserves a shot.

But it does appear that some assume Rock and Rhodes are penciled in (or at the least...that Rock is)...as shown by the posters in this thread who were surprised at the Bowen report that Tell would be competing with Rock and Rhodes for a starting CB spot going into next year. 

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I am sort of confused by the question. I certainly don't assume that...which is why I said it should be an open competition that Tell deserves a shot.

But it does appear that some assume Rock and Rhodes are penciled in (or at the least...that Rock is)...as shown by the posters in this thread who were surprised at the Bowen report that Tell would be competing with Rock and Rhodes for a starting CB spot going into next year. 

It wasn’t exactly directed toward you as to the forum. I believe he is deserving of a chance to play. But I also believe anyone that makes it to camp is viewed that way by this front office and coaching staff.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:03 AM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hopefully this is natural muscle  and he worked on stretching and flexibility. Too many injuries today are caused because the ligaments and tendons can't support muscle strength created through chemistry.

As long as he doesn’t end up like Laron Landry, turned himself into the hulk with no football skills

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

As long as he doesn’t end up like Laron Landry, turned himself into the hulk with no football skills

From what I see I think he looks more buff than bulk. 

I would think he is using the best trainers and nutritionist he can find. 

17 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

It wasn’t exactly directed toward you as to the forum. I believe he is deserving of a chance to play. But I also believe anyone that makes it to camp is viewed that way by this front office and coaching staff.

I agree with that. And with Tell...he still played 30% of the snaps last year...so it’s not like he’s some rookie who hasn’t played.

6 hours ago, shasta519 said:

I agree with that. And with Tell...he still played 30% of the snaps last year...so it’s not like he’s some rookie who hasn’t played.

Right. He played pretty well in those snaps as well. I’m interested to see the improvement of last years rookies. I also think the 2018 class could make a big jump from year 2 to 3 which is where boys turn to men in this league... and which is hard to fathom considering back to back all pros for Nelson and Leonard. 

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Dude he ain’t gonna be pushed around as much this year. That boy got yoked out!

There will still be WRs flopping though and begging for calls, just like DBs act like there is no illegal contact or PI. :) 

Once the physical part is a push, it comes down to which WR can sell or which DB can hide the contact when the contact envelope is pushed. RYS should achieve the "push" part where he can hang with an NFL wide out at the line of scrimmage, that is what we should be stoked about but as far as tracking the ball and minimizing contact, we will see.

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

There will still be WRs flopping though and begging for calls, just like DBs act like there is no illegal contact or PI. :) 

Once the physical part is a push, it comes down to which WR can sell or which DB can hide the contact when the contact envelope is pushed. RYS should achieve the "push" part where he can hang with an NFL wide out at the line of scrimmage, that is what we should be stoked about but as far as tracking the ball and minimizing contact, we will see.

Maybe he can practice his acting skills and start getting some offensive passing interference calls hahaha!

I love that song!  ( ˘ ɜ˘) ♬♪♫

"Her body measurements
Are perfect in every dimension
She's got a figure
That's sho 'nuff payin' attention
She's poetry in motion
Beautiful sight to see
I get so excited
Viewing her anatomy

She's built (She's built, she's stacked)
Oh she's stacked (All the curves that men like)
Got all the curves men like
She's built (She's built, she's stacked)
Oh she's stacked (All the curves men like)
Got all the curves that men like

Look at her!
She's a bad mama jama
Just as fine as she can be
Hey!"

On 7/18/2020 at 9:05 PM, w87r said:

Yeah, I was surprised to see Bowen report that he was fighting for a starting job.

I like Tell III also.

Why?  Just because he was a 2nd round pick does not guarantee him a starting spot. He got torched a lot and I am not sure he has the athleticism to play man when asked. Tell is intriguing

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Why?  Just because he was a 2nd round pick does not guarantee him a starting spot. He got torched a lot and I am not sure he has the athleticism to play man when asked. Tell is intriguing

Are you aware that CB is probably the 2nd hardest position to learn in the NFL? 

As a rookie he played very well. 

With the lack of a pass rush pretty much all of our D-backs got torched at times. No one can expect any D-back to look good when they have to cover pro receivers longer than an average time. 

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you aware that CB is probably the 2nd hardest position to learn in the NFL? 

As a rookie he played very well. 

With the lack of a pass rush pretty much all of our D-backs got torched at times. No one can expect any D-back to look good when they have to cover pro receivers longer than an average time. 

Agreed. My comment was based on his physical make up.  I am not sure he has the top end to play a lot of man corner.

3 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agreed. My comment was based on his physical make up.  I am not sure he has the top end to play a lot of man corner.

With the personnel we have I think we will see a lot of different looks on the defense. 

With the addition of Buckner and the maturity of some of our players I think it opens up a variety of positive things. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

With the personnel we have I think we will see a lot of different looks on the defense. 

With the addition of Buckner and the maturity of some of our players I think it opens up a variety of positive things. 

I agree, they should b better.  However, experience does not matter much if u r not physically able to play a certain scheme.

Archived