Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rock Ya-Sin is stacked

ColtStrong2013

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well if Rock and Rhodes can have a good year, we can have a special defense

Actually saw something the other day that said 

Rock, Xavier and Tell III are battling for 2 starting outside jobs.

Will see if I can find the article

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Tell III could be a dark horse premium piece for this defense long term. The athleticism is off the charts and I was impressed at times with what I saw. 

18 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Tell III could be a dark horse premium piece for this defense long term. The athleticism is off the charts and I was impressed at times with what I saw. 

Yeah, I was surprised to see Bowen report that he was fighting for a starting job.

I like Tell III also.

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Tell had his moments, but I don't think he's ready to start.

38 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I didn't either, thats why I was surprised to see it reported by Bowen.

Just thought I'd post the link I read.

11 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

scroll through those pictures and tell me you aren’t excited at the prospect of this guy being a stud this year and going forward. 

Hopefully this is natural muscle  and he worked on stretching and flexibility. Too many injuries today are caused because the ligaments and tendons can't support muscle strength created through chemistry.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Anyone else freak out cuz they thought this said “attacked” , not stacked?

haha.   I did.

If it did, it would have been followed up with “and Ya-Sin called ambulance for the injured attacker.” 

31 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Hopefully this is natural muscle  and he worked on stretching and flexibility. Too many injuries today are caused because the ligaments and tendons can't support muscle strength created through chemistry.

facepalm. 

State wrestling champion this guy has power to spare, also surprised Tell is in the running to start outside figured it would be T.J.Carrie who has 51 career starts to his name with 6 last year in the running. He is listed as starter at a few sites, shows how deep our Corner room is though and thats definitely a good problem to have.

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

It’s impossible for any of us to know what a rookie does in the offseason to prepare themselves to take elevate their game to another dimension. Rock obviously is working his * off. I’m excited to see his improvement. He got much better throughout the year last year.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s one of the most ripped, most shredded torso’s I’ve ever seen.

Is that an 8-pack?   Or more?   He’s clearly been working out all off-season.   I don’t know where or how?   But this guy looks READY for camp! 

8 pack? That’s a 12 pack of Rolling Rock (ya-sin), if you know what I’m saying. They’d be smart to bring him on as their key endorsement.

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Is that an 8-pack?

35 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

8 pack? That’s a 12 pack of Rolling Rock (ya-sin), if you know what I’m saying. They’d be smart to bring him on as their key endorsement.

“(enter Rock Ya-Sin shirtless with a beer in hand) When it comes to taking care of my body, there is only one beverage choice... (cue deep voice narrator) Rolling Rock. Delicious, smooth tasting Lager that keeps Rock... like a rock. (Insert hard core music with flashes of Rock laying the wood to a runner in open space) (fade) (Rolling Rock logo)” 

3 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

If it did, it would have been followed up with “and Ya-Sin called ambulance for the injured attacker.” 

facepalm. 

facepalm. 

Seriously dude?

u sure u arent a Pats fan? 

4 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Wow.  Good call.  And now I’ll be drinking that on sundays.  Just like in high school.  Hahaha

Excuse me? 

You realize your quotes of me were responses for two separate questions, right? 

Haha.  Sorry.  I thought i quoted the cga dude who poo-poos everything.

Come on, you HAD to know i meant him/her.

you know, the one talking about “natural muscle”.  Sounded like he/she was hinting that Ya-sin did roids or sonething.

R-E-L-A-X 

2 hours ago, w87r said:

Yeah that confused the hell out of me

See above.

2 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

Wow.  Good call.  And now I’ll be drinking that on sundays.  Just like in high school.  Hahaha

My high school beer was Hamms. You could buy an 8 pack of Hamms for the same price as a 6 pack of other beers. An 8 pack of Hamms was $1.60. lol

On 7/18/2020 at 11:57 PM, CR91 said:

But he played starter snaps in three games last year...and the Colts pass defense was fantastic in those games. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be ready for a starting role. 

58 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

But he played starter snaps in three games last year...and the Colts pass defense was fantastic in those games. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be ready for a starting role. 

Which were the broncos, dolphins, and jags I believe. Not exactly prolific passing teams. Look I'm not saying he can't start, but I wouldn't be overly confident about it either.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:19 PM, w87r said:

As it should be. Tell took some lumps...but do did Rock...and by many metrics...Tell was better than Rock last year. He should have stayed as a starter when Desir returned...but I guess they wanted to give Desir the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to earn a spot next year. Makes sense...but it would have been nice for Tell to get those snaps...especially since they released Desir anyways.

But going into next season...Tell definitely deserves a shot at competing for both spots.  

31 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Which were the broncos, dolphins, and jags I believe. Not exactly prolific passing teams. Look I'm not saying he can't start, but I wouldn't be overly confident about it either.

You can't help who you face. He did well in the 3 games he started. Bottom line. I think you are judging him more on being a 5th rounder and assuming he's not ready rather than on his body of work. Don't do that.

On 7/19/2020 at 6:07 PM, Scott Pennock said:

I still like the prospect of Ya Sin and Tell on the outside (2021 with more seasoning) with Rhodes converted to Safety (ala Ronnie Lott, Rod Woodson or Charles Woodson did back in the day) and Kenny Moore in the slot! I could get behind that kind of secondary......

Actually moving Rhodes to SS in Nickel might be a strong consideration. I hadn’t really thought about moving him from where he’s played his whole career but since his athleticism has gone down a little bit and he’s been so bad outside the last two years, having him man up against TEs could be just what his career needs. I liked what Willis showed but he was so bad in coverage that I am really not counting on him to be more than a base package box safety. 

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You can't help who you face. He did well in the 3 games he started. Bottom line. I think you are judging him more on being a 5th rounder and assuming he's not ready rather than on his body of work. Don't do that.

It's not like he got the same amount of snaps as Rock. I can only base it on what I've seen so far in his limited action. I hope the kid proves me wrong.

10 hours ago, shasta519 said:

But going into next season...Tell definitely deserves a shot at competing for both spots.  

I mean, correct me if I’m wrong on this, but do you really assume Ballard and this coaching staff have the starting lineup in ink going into training camp? I’m fairly positive everyone has a chance to move up (and down) the depth chart in camp.

24 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I mean, correct me if I’m wrong on this, but do you really assume Ballard and this coaching staff have the starting lineup in ink going into training camp? I’m fairly positive everyone has a chance to move up (and down) the depth chart in camp.

A chance, yes.   Not as much as most years though.   With no preseason games, I bet most coaches keep last years lineup if possible.  

23 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

It depends on the player and position. I assume they have some people in ink already (the QBs, the O-Line, the LBers), while there are other positions that will have battles for starting jobs (secondary, WR, TE). At this point, with a limited or no preseason, most of training camp will probably just decide who makes the team and the younger players will have to earn a starting job through playing time (which will be harder to do).

1 minute ago, Myles said:

A chance, yes.   Not as much as most years though.   With no preseason games, I bet most coaches keep last years lineup if possible.  

Beat me to it by seconds. haha

1 minute ago, Dogg63 said:

Correct, but apparently you didn't read it. He explained how he appreciated all of the feedback he got from his colleagues and he incorporated that feedback into his paper - as professional scientists do. He also cautioned the general populace against judging the data based on who is presenting it. Scientific data should speak for itself.

He stands by his conclusions (in the May article) and has now (mid-June) published his pre-print that holds the same conclusions that the 'pandemic' is far less lethal than initially reported.

Conclusions The infection fatality rate of COVID-19 can vary substantially across different locations and this may reflect differences in population age structure and case-mix of infected and deceased patients as well as multiple other factors. Estimates of infection fatality rates inferred from seroprevalence studies tend to be much lower than original speculations made in the early days of the pandemic.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.13.20101253v3

I think you thought this was a different thread.

Archived