Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Blue Card

CR91

Listening too the vid, sounds like the character card.

I just hope those blue card guys have the talent to go with the character.  Maybe talent is the white card, and when you have both you have a well rounded blue and white Colts player.

22 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Listening too the vid, sounds like the character card.

I just hope those blue card guys have the talent to go with the character.  Maybe talent is the white card, and when you have both you have a well rounded blue and white Colts player.

I don't know about that, but I still want to throw a red card on your avatar!  :yuk:

30 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Blue card means height/weight/speed/character/grit/football IQ........In my humble opinion.

Which means there are not a lot of blue cards on the draft board on a yearly basis.

Nelson?

Ya Sin?

Pittman?

Leonard?

Nelson? no doubt

Ya Sin? Maybe

Pittman? could be

Leonard? Not before he was drafted but has turned into one. 

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

Blue card means height/weight/speed/character/grit/football IQ........In my humble opinion.

Which means there are not a lot of blue cards on the draft board on a yearly basis.

Nelson?

Ya Sin?

Pittman?

Leonard?

I think you have a mis-read on blue cards.  The feature was calling Pinter a Blue Card.    Pinter is not a premium player.

I think Blue Cards are for the everyday player who gets the absolute most from what ability they have.  Plus character. Plus leadership.   

The other guys are obvious studs.   I think Blue Cards are guys who are unheralded but highly coveted by this franchise.  

49 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nelson? no doubt

Ya Sin? Maybe

Pittman? could be

Leonard? Not before he was drafted but has turned into one. 

Leonard was absolutely a blue card before he was drafted. Have you read his story? He had brothers die, get put in jail; his family has had a very rough path. The items that CB and team iterated in defining what a blue card means are:

CB: “Guys that have grit.” No matter how hard it gets. No matter how tough it gets. They’re going to find a way to offer hope when things get hard.

Deckard holding up Blue Card sign that says: “Intelligent, tough, HW” (hard working)

FR: “If you’ve got this grit or toughness thing that we’re talking about, and you have good character on top of it, then it’s a no-brainer, you’re a blue card.”

Jamie Moore: “You put it all together, like, the makeup, the blue card, the consistency, the toughness…”

FR: “When we talk about toughness, we talk about mental, physical, and competitive toughness.”

Decker: “This is an outstanding kid.”

CB: “They’ve overcome obstacles at some point in their lives to get to where they are today. There’s certain guys that offer hope no matter how hard it gets, they’re never gonna quit.”

Leonard embodied all of those traits prior to the draft. He's definitely a blue card guy, and has been for years.

Sounds like a marketing ploy. Next he'll be talking about a purple card. Then befoe you know it, Indy the Board Game. 

"Who fired Bill Polian". Brigadier Irsay, in the Conference Suite, with a Memorandum".

Only $39.99 from most retail outlets.

"Game of the Year" - Trent Richardson.

"Gripping" - Peyton Manning

"Ingenius" - Jim Caldwell

5 hours ago, Dogg63 said:

Leonard was absolutely a blue card before he was drafted. Have you read his story? He had brothers die, get put in jail; his family has had a very rough path. The items that CB and team iterated in defining what a blue card means are:

CB: “Guys that have grit.” No matter how hard it gets. No matter how tough it gets. They’re going to find a way to offer hope when things get hard.

Deckard holding up Blue Card sign that says: “Intelligent, tough, HW” (hard working)

FR: “If you’ve got this grit or toughness thing that we’re talking about, and you have good character on top of it, then it’s a no-brainer, you’re a blue card.”

Jamie Moore: “You put it all together, like, the makeup, the blue card, the consistency, the toughness…”

FR: “When we talk about toughness, we talk about mental, physical, and competitive toughness.”

Decker: “This is an outstanding kid.”

CB: “They’ve overcome obstacles at some point in their lives to get to where they are today. There’s certain guys that offer hope no matter how hard it gets, they’re never gonna quit.”

Leonard embodied all of those traits prior to the draft. He's definitely a blue card guy, and has been for years.

Well saying that after the facts is pretty easy. There were fans right here in this forum who were scratching their heads with the pick of Leonard. What we now know about him was not known before he was drafted. Most of the comments went along the lines of we hope he plays well enough to be a starter. 

Personally I didn't know because I don't follow college ball that close and I have to wait for others to chime in. I can't recall anyone saying he was going to be the rookie defensive player of the year and get snubbed in the pro bowl his rookie season. 

I have to dig out that old saying my mother used to say to me. 

"Don't give me that look like you don't know what I am talking about". :lol:

10 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Nelson?

Ya Sin?

Pittman?

Leonard?

Yes

yes

yes

yes

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well saying that after the facts is pretty easy. There were fans right here in this forum who were scratching their heads with the pick of Leonard. What we now know about him was not known before he was drafted. Most of the comments went along the lines of we hope he plays well enough to be a starter. 

Personally I didn't know because I don't follow college ball that close and I have to wait for others to chime in. I can't recall anyone saying he was going to be the rookie defensive player of the year and get snubbed in the pro bowl his rookie season. 

I have to dig out that old saying my mother used to say to me. 

"Don't give me that look like you don't know what I am talking about". :lol:

Regardless of what was said here...I would say he absolutely was a Blue Cars guy too. For them to jump on him early that means he had everything they wanted. Remembered not just here people said it was a bad pick. 

for Ballard and Reich to “reach” for a guy there is no doubt Leonard has everything they wanted in a player.

59 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Regardless of what was said here...I would say he absolutely was a Blue Cars guy too. For them to jump on him early that means he had everything they wanted. Remembered not just here people said it was a bad pick. 

for Ballard and Reich to “reach” for a guy there is no doubt Leonard has everything they wanted in a player.

I am not doubting that but I was referring to the forum members. 

Most didn't even have Leonard on their radar. 

Archived