Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which QB do you like?

Which often mentioned, developmental QB do you like?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. If the Colts draft a QB anywhere from 2nd-4th, Which often mentioned QB do you like?

• James Morgan- FIU
    • Jalen Hurts- OU
    • Anthony Gordon- Wazzu
    • Pass on all of them and draft a QB in 2021

Since trading the 13th pick, the Colts have begun to be mentioned with several mid round, developmental QBs.  The most frequent ones that we hear about are:

James Morgan

Jalen Hurts

Anthony Gordon

I am really curious to see what the forum thinks of these guys.  Which one would you like or be okay with the Colts drafting. 

Let me know

For me, its either Hurts or Gordon. I voted for Hurts because he's the only one who meets the definition of the modern QB. He's the one I'd take a shot on, because his ceiling is far higher than the others. 3rd round though; if someone grabs him in the 2nd round, so be it. 

Anthony Gordon

Very accurate

Lightning quick release

Needs to be bulked up

One year of Div 1 football starting....... set crazy records

Can you “make” Hurts more accurate, or see the field better..... I don’t believe his ceiling is all that high......

If you change offense to feature a running QB, would Hurts be a good enough pocket passer to play if he is slightly nicked?

I see Hurts.... I see a slightly improved JB

I like Fromm, Gordon, Eason. 

I know Morgan is a hot name, but I don' t see the "it" that makes him stand out.

I'd like to like Hurts more, but he seems to take  a long time to process things --- that could be a function of the OU offense. 

Love Fromms ability to see the field and process. Love Gordan's release and ability to throw guys open. 

Wonder if both those guys have big enough arms to excel.

Gordon, watched a ton of Wash State games last year and kid can play, quick release, reads D's, strong enough arm, can run as needed. Almost beat Minshew out for starter spot year before and played better than Gardner when given the chance ( If Minshew is an NFL starter Gordon can be as well).

I believe that we will pass on drafting a QB this year.... so that is how I voted.

Had we jettisoned Jacoby Brissett when we brought Rivers in... I’d have selected Gordon.... but we didn’t, so I think they’ll have their sights set on next year’s crop of QBs.

My :2c:

Anybody but Eason or Fromm.  Not impressed at all with either one.  Both have terrible flaws.  Eason has the big arm but check his career stats & the guy hasn't won or shined in college.  Fromm's arm is terrible.  People hype his decision making but the majority of his tape is atrocious when you look at his mechanics, arm strength, & decision making.  Someone (hopefully not us) may reach for Eason in the 3rd but 4th round or later project matches up better with his career stats.  Whereas Fromm probably wouldn't/shouldn't get drafted if not for the fact he played in the SEC & helped Georgia get deep a couple times.  Everything about his game is average or below average.  

Archived