Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have interest in LSU CB Fulton

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

Smoke screen 

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Smoke screen.....

Don't believe this. Quincy, Carrie and Rhodes will all be FA's next year. Quincy and Carrie are also pretty bad this year if they have to start due to injury. Wouldn't prefer Fulton, but CB's generally take a year or two to learn the position.

It's far from a certainty we take Fulton, but I don't believe the face interview is a smokescreen to throw people off our trail. The interest is probably real, it was with Banogu last year.

Meh, it means nothing really.  Do you know how many prospects teams interview? a lot. Its an indication of nada, nothing, not a thing. Will we draft him, maybe, most likely not.  I remember this forum going nuts with reports back in 2012 that we'd interviewed RG3 as well as Luck.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Meh, it means nothing really.  Do you know how many prospects teams interview? a lot. Its an indication of nada, nothing, not a thing. Will we draft him, maybe, most likely not.  I remember this forum going nuts with reports back in 2012 that we'd interviewed RG3 as well as Luck.

So. Usually we have a thread about top 30 visits. Now because of the virus we have it reported this way. 

Hard for me to believe that CB uses #34 on a CB two years in a row. It'd

almost be an admission that Ya-Sin isn't what they thought he'll eventually

be.

In that D, as long as you have the top priority, a DL-generated (!!!) pass rush, 

CB is just not a premium spot. No way you can spend two straight, top of the 

2nd round picks on it. 

If you eval'ed Ya-Sin correctly, there's you eventual (outside) CB-1. A good

GM can find a guy to play on the other side in the mid-round area. 

26 minutes ago, indykmj said:

Hard for me to believe that CB uses #34 on a CB two years in a row. It'd

almost be an admission that Ya-Sin isn't what they thought he'll eventually

be.

In that D, as long as you have the top priority, a DL-generated (!!!) pass rush, 

CB is just not a premium spot. No way you can spend two straight, top of the 

2nd round picks on it. 

If you eval'ed Ya-Sin correctly, there's you eventual (outside) CB-1. A good

GM can find a guy to play on the other side in the mid-round area. 

Has nothing to do with Rock-Ya-Sin, it has to do with Rhodes, Carrie and Wilson having one year on their contracts (the latter two below average), and Tell being an unknown. It takes a year or two to develop a CB, so drafting one this year is paramount.

Gee, Ballard says if he grades distinctively higher on his board than the next player available he will take him. While listening to trade back offers of course.
 And talking to them is a must in the grading process. How else can you set up a board.
We will have roughly 20 players on our board with similar grades in rd 2. So CB will be looking at value and positions of need.
 WR, T,  do seem to stick out the most.
 TE has to be figured out. 

11 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Don't believe this. Quincy, Carrie and Rhodes will all be FA's next year. Quincy and Carrie are also pretty bad this year if they have to start due to injury. Wouldn't prefer Fulton, but CB's generally take a year or two to learn the position.

It's far from a certainty we take Fulton, but I don't believe the face interview is a smokescreen to throw people off our trail. The interest is probably real, it was with Banogu last year.

Completely agree. You have to still think about CB since Rhodes may only be here a year, same as Carrie. 

I would MUCH prefer Trevon Diggs over Fulton, and they have shown interest in both. 

For 2020 needs, WR, OT, and OL depth are bigger needs than CB, but after 2020 CB is possibly a real need. 

12 hours ago, Hoose said:

Not happening. Everything points to an offensive heavy draft. WR; OT; TE.  For starters. 

I agree overall, but I think a corner will be in there in the second or third round, along with the positions you mentioned.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Has nothing to do with Rock-Ya-Sin, it has to do with Rhodes, Carrie and Wilson having one year on their contracts (the latter two below average), and Tell being an unknown. It takes a year or two to develop a CB, so drafting one this year is paramount.

Don't necessarily disagree about the need for a CB to groom for 2021 and 

beyond. Just not a need to take one that high. In that system, they should 

be able to id a CB in the 3rd or 4th rd that's a fit. If they played man the

vast majority of the time, it would be a different story.

I feel like people have to say this every year but best player available is still a thing. While we all know that sometimes needs are so great you need to make a move, I only see WR as fitting that and we don't have to address that at 34, we can wait until 44 (and maybe even 75 if we covet someone). Any other pick we can use to just get a difference maker. And 34 is pretty flexible for that. There are some intriguing options at a variety of positions and I think you'd be foolish to assume we're only looking at offensive weapons. It just so happens that WRs will have a few good options at our first couple picks so I imagine we nab one, but the other picks could be used on anything, even quarterback.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:49 AM, BProland85 said:

Completely agree. You have to still think about CB since Rhodes may only be here a year, same as Carrie. 

I would MUCH prefer Trevon Diggs over Fulton, and they have shown interest in both. 

For 2020 needs, WR, OT, and OL depth are bigger needs than CB, but after 2020 CB is possibly a real need. 

Diggs is a much better prospect IMO. I don’t think there is any chance he makes it to #34...but if he did...he is the exception (to me not wanting CB early)...he just screams a Ballard pick. 

I think Terrell is probably also a better prospect than Fulton as well...but I am not enamored with either...so hopefully they pass at #34. 

Interestingly, Fulton’s NFL comp is Desir (who the Colts cut) and Terrell’s NFL comp is Wilson (who probably could be cut).

On 4/1/2020 at 12:18 PM, indykmj said:

Don't necessarily disagree about the need for a CB to groom for 2021 and 

beyond. Just not a need to take one that high. In that system, they should 

be able to id a CB in the 3rd or 4th rd that's a fit. If they played man the

vast majority of the time, it would be a different story.

I tend to agree...outside of Rock...they had managed to fill the CB spots with an UDFA (Moore), a former 4th round pick street FA (Desir)...and they got Tell in the 5th round as well. 

I might make an exception for someone like Diggs in the 2nd round...because of BPA...but I don’t see how some of these other guys are BPA...or a huge need. 

If I'm Ballard, I'm taking a long hard look at Bryce Hall out of Virginia in the later rounds. Didn't do any drills at the combine because of a season ending ankle injury he suffered last season. Could be worth a look in round 4 because I think he'll be there in round 4. 

Archived