Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funch to GB

Mr.Debonair

Campbell after watching tons of film on the kid and his first year with you folks a great fit for Rivers he’s ideal for crossing routes and can play the Eckler slash Keenan role here just fine ,Campbell is much more athletic than Keenan Allen ..Zach kinda looks like a poor mans Inman to me .Rivers did ok with Inman but he was very inconsistent. Like I said I’m encouraged by Campbell he’s a stud and will kill it with Phil .

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2020 at 12:45 AM, Riversrun said:

BNew here and from NC ,Just my two cents on WR .I have been to just about every one of Phil’s NC state games and followed his career .Jericho Cotchery ,Vincent Jackson ,Antonio Gates .This is the type of animal we need for Phil .A player who can seal off and high point in a crowded phone booth .The player I’d target right now is Devanti Parker with Miami .I would then go TE at 34 and best DB available at 44 .Rivers has never had a fan base cheer for him as a pro ...Phil will love playing for the Colts in a stadium that offers this man an advantage .Phil has played 16 years behind a terrible Oline .With Devanti ,Ty ,a young  beast at TE and the older one this is a team ready for one hell of a year .

How would you target Parker? Don’t you think if Miami wanted to trade him, they would have last year when they were trading other players? Instead they signed him to a new contract. 

I’d love Parker here! Just doesn’t seem very realistic.

1 hour ago, ojsglove said:

It's a business, and we got fleeced on this deal.  It's sad, but the days of trying to build a locker room full of players that will forsake big money to stay with a team is history.  Buy your favorite players jersey at your own risk.

Why I don't buy jersey's anymore.  I buy GEAR.

On 3/28/2020 at 3:10 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Packers got him cheap.

That’s incredibly low, although he does have some incentives built in to make it around the 6.5 million mark iirc. I’d rather have a deal structured like this as opposed to what we gave him last year on the prove it deal and then he got injured. I also wonder if the collar bone is heard right. He took the entire season and never came back at all. You would think if DF wanted to come back that CB would have given him this sort of deal as well to stay if the bone structure is 100%. By all accounts, DF was a good guy in the locker room. Maybe he just didn’t want to come back here, idk. 

On 3/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Packers got him cheap.

No way to know exactly how much we wanted him?   I think I once read his collarbone broke in five places.   Maybe team doctors feared a high likelihood of another break?   

If you liked him enough to pay him $10 with three mill more of incentives, then all things being equal, you’d think we’d match or exceed this deal...

But all things aren’t equal.  The break was a bad one and we weren’t going to invest in DF twice unless it was at a price we were comfortable with...

Archived