Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Funch to GB

Mr.Debonair

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are hurting at WR.  We need a vet to add to the draft. This makes me mad. I guess we being Johnson back.

I will say though if pascal got 700 yards with Jacoby he should be able to do that with Rivers.  At this point there really isn’t anything in FA.

Bershaud Perriman is still out there.   He was my 1st choice actually.  But probably not for long now.  Even Dorsett got picked up today.

WR is a BIG NEED.

Correct me if I’m wrong. Signed now.

1.) Hilton

2.) Pascal

3.) Campbell

4.) Inman

5.) Fountain

Hilton is a stud WHEN healthy.

Pascal can be solid on occasion

Inman is reliable

Campbell and Fountain are complete unknowns..

Probably bottom 10 WR group in the league....

1 minute ago, bravo4460 said:

WR is a BIG NEED.

1.) Hilton

2.) Pascal

3.) Campbell

4.) Inman

5.) Fountain

Inman is reliable

Is Inman signed?

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are hurting at WR.  We need a vet to add to the draft. This makes me mad. I guess we being Johnson back.

I will say though if pascal got 700 yards with Jacoby he should be able to do that with Rivers.  At this point there really isn’t anything in FA.

WR is not near as bad as people are making it out to be. 

This move tells me we'll go X early. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Finally a good post from you tonight . I knew you had it in you. You're smart. And I do value your input.

Still think CB trumps WR unless they sign a vet

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Very few rookie wide receivers tear it up their first year. There is usually a learning curve to the physicallity of the corners in the NFL. So unless your lucky a rookie WR usually does not help much their rookie year. It took Reggie a few years. We need a good veteran to help TY

I can't believe Ballard is just going to rely on the draft to upgrade the WR group.  Especially with TY starting  to show his age.  We definitely need a productive veteran.  Maybe Watkins when he is cut.  He will do something.  After last year it makes no sense to do nothing but rely on rookies as the only answer.  

4 minutes ago, BigO said:

Very few rookie wide receivers tear it up their first year. There is usually a learning curve to the physicallity of the corners in the NFL. So unless your lucky a rookie WR usually does not help much their rookie year. It took Reggie a few years. We need a good veteran to help TY

Not worried. TY, Doyle, Campbell, Pascal, and Hines are 5 quality targets. We'll add somebody at X and perhaps Fountain will turn into a quality WR4 or 5. Folks forget we did well in 2018 with what is likely a worst cast of pass catchers.

WRs currently on the Colts' roster:

TY Hilton

Parris Campbell

Zach Pascal

Ashton Dulin

Daurice Fountain

Steve Ishmael

Chad Williams

Malik Henry

Rodney Adams

Artavis Scott

(Adams and Scott were signed at the end of the season to future/reserve contracts)

Hurray.  Tells me Ballard has bigger goals than a slow, overpaid receiver with hands of stone.   The Colts don’t just need a #2 but a #2 with #1 potential so the offense doesn’t come to a grinding halt every time TY gets hurt.  Pascal should be a #5, a #4 at best on a good team. 

Hilton

draft pick

Campbell

Fountain

Pascal

I wouldn’t be shocked to see two receivers chosen. 

5 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

WR is a BIG NEED.

1.) Hilton

2.) Pascal

3.) Campbell

4.) Inman

5.) Fountain

Inman is reliable

I fear TY's going to struggle to have a fully healthy year again in the NFL.  He's had 2 years now where nagging calf injuries have hampered him.  Due, at least in part, to his size, he has to rely very heavily on his speed and quickness and it's very noticeable that his play declines when he's just a smidgen slower than normal.  

I really hope we address WR.  Factor in that after Doyle, who is really more of a blocker and short yardage receiving TE, we don't have a proven TE who is a receiving threat and our passing game could struggle even with improved QB play.  Thankfully, the draft is loaded at WR and has several very solid TEs who should be available to us in rounds 2-4.  It'd be nice if we did address at least one of those positions in FA though, even if pickings are getting slim.  I like Demarcus Robinson (WR from KC) and Tyler Eiffert (TE from Cincy) in FA, otherwise, not a lot of talent left at those positions.  

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Ballard said, I believe dating back to last year's draft, that the WR class in this draft is loaded... and it is.  Chances are there will be someone very capable available at 34 or 44 (or maybe even in the 3rd).  

I agree, the world isn't ending with our current WR situation... but going into this offseason the positions of utmost concern on this team were IDL, QB, WR and TE (maybe could argue that edge rusher sneaks in there somewhere).  We've addressed IDL and QB.  The next logical steps would be to address the WR and TE positions.  It's not like the sky is falling with our current WR mix, but IMO, it is not clear cut between WR and TE for the weakest group on this team.  

1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

How are we including Fountain or Campbell? Neither has done diddly

Campbell did show flashes when he was healthy last year.  The guy is a freak athlete and very explosive with the ball in his hand.  The coaches and Ballard are very high on him... if he's healthy, I have faith he'll be all right.  Fountain, while I like the guy, was a 5th round pick and he's coming off a very nasty injury.  I don't think he was ever expected to be much more than a 4th or 5th WR.  He's shown some flashes, but yea, I don't think he's a guy we can rely on as a surefire solution to the WR position.

7 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

TY Hilton

Parris Campbell

Zach Pascal

Ashton Dulin

Daurice Fountain

Steve Ishmael

Chad Williams

Malik Henry

Rodney Adams

Artavis Scott

(Adams and Scott were signed at the end of the season to future/reserve contracts)

A guy I liked last year was Dulin.  He was a project signing from a small school, but he contributed well on STs and I'd not be shocked if he turns into a decent WR.

8 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

TY Hilton

Parris Campbell

Zach Pascal

Ashton Dulin

Daurice Fountain

Steve Ishmael

Chad Williams

Malik Henry

Rodney Adams

Artavis Scott

Adams was on the retired list for family reasons. He has some talent....

So our best guys after TY are Pascal, Campbell and Fountain and maybe a rookie.  Looks like more double teams on TY if you ask me.  Not excited at all.  We need a big no. 2.  Ballard needs to acquire one.  Our best opportunity is Watkins right after his release and after we sign Clowney.  Prediction TY restructures to help get the Watkins deal done.  Other wise our current receivers scare no one. 

4 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Adams was on the retired list for family reasons. He has some talent....

This is correct, and the Colts posted that he was reinstated to our roster by the NFL on Jan 29th, 2020. Apparently he wanted to pursue modelling. Perhaps he's ready to play again. He was a 5th round pick in the 2017 draft.

3 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Z - Hilton, Fountain

X - Pascal, Dulin, Williams

Slot - Campbell, Hines

Rivers can win with that.

Having said that I bet Ballard drafts a true X and a Z/Slot guy this year as well and lets them compete.

Rivers will not be happy with that group.  TY is double teamed.  He needs a guy that can take away the double team.  

2 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

This is correct, and the Colts posted that he was reinstated to our roster by the NFL on Jan 29th, 2020. Apparently he wanted to pursue modelling. Perhaps he's ready to play again. He was a 5th round pick in the 2017 draft.

He did run a 4.4 forty coming out of college.  His mother was killed in a car accident when he was a freshman at Toledo and he became the legal guardian of his younger brother.  He was granted a waiver so he didn't have to lose eligibility to finish college career at U. South Florida.  He had 67 receptions for 822 yards as a senior which is fairly productive.  He's also got good size at 6'1" 190 lbs.  Who knows... he didn't really do anything as a rookie in Minnesota, but Ballard and Co. must like something about him.. they signed him briefly in 2018 and then reinstated him in 2020.

Archived