Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Were you happy with the Colts this year?

sb2001

On 1/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, sb2001 said:

Ok, I was extremely happy with them. I truly thought we would suck. Colts were in the running for a playoff spot For a while. What was your expectations this year, honestly?

Hahahahaha have you seen the amount of complaining and whining on this thing?!?!? Every other post is Brissett sucks, vinny sucks, Ballard sucks, luck is a quitter. I love your optimism, but you came to the wrong website to hear anything that isn’t constant complaining.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 4:25 PM, WoolMagnet said:

So...... we should go into the offseason with Hoyer and Kelly on the roster?  I guess we could maybe bring Walker back?

This would make NO SENSE as it not only tips our hand to draft and/or FA, but essentially leaves us with NO options for next season.  I realize the emotion, but this makes no sense.

I’m not sure if we could he’s part of the xfl, he might be stuck there for at least a year.

Colts lost to a lot of bad teams. Oakland, Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and San Diego. A good roster, even with a lousy QB, wins at least 5 of these games against bottom feeders. I'm disappointed because I was lead to believe the roster was good. It isn't, and there are several holes. 

On 1/4/2020 at 5:53 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the 5-2 start is why most people are disappointed. Had we started something like 3-4 and lost to KC, no expectations at all would've been there. People got their hopes up after starting 5-2.

I liked having my hopes up

Had fun watching this team until the Steelers game, at which point my fun-o-meter began it's death spiral.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After watching JB's 2nd full year, I feel his is going backward. Regardless of what Reich says about JB, I don't think there's any hope for this team as long as he's the QB. Not at all excited about the coming year. There is a possible silver lining if they insist on playing JB. I'll get a lot more fishing and hunting done next fall.

On 1/3/2020 at 5:59 PM, sb2001 said:

Ok, I was extremely happy with them. I truly thought we would suck. Colts were in the running for a playoff spot For a while. What was your expectations this year, honestly?

is this a rhetorical question?  We went 7-9! No body was happy with this season.

When the leg problem before training camp started,  I thought, maybe just being cautious. Then as time went on, OK maybe this is more serious than they are letting on. But when Luck announced, he was retiring, right before the season opener, All the wind blew out my sails, It felt almost surreal. This could not be happening, no not now, I tried to be optimistic, as the season started, and it looked like we had hope after Luck maybe, Then once the wheels started coming off the reality set in.  The signs were there, But we always hope for the best. 

On 1/4/2020 at 11:41 PM, Breeze said:

7 wins with a back-up QB and a very young roster.  And....victories over 3 of the final 4 remaining AFC teams.  Frustrating, yet oddly impressive.

we split with everyone in the division this year, so they all had wins over us too

not surprising for a roughly 500 team