Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsey on Ballard’s staff?

BProland85

Hard pass. He screwed the Chiefs salary cap situation. He also * off a ton of players. Decent/good at evaluating talent, but not a great people person or "manager". I'd take him so long as he's limited to scouting. I'd be happy to raid the kitchen of any staff that Ballard likes though.

19 hours ago, BProland85 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001093675/article/browns-part-ways-with-general-manager-john-dorsey

Could Dorsey be looked at by Ballard to add to this front office in some manor?

I know these guys live pretty posh lifestyles, but I'd imagine any interview would be on West 56th street rather than anyone's mansion.

21 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not just him. His scouts, etc will also be looking for work.

i would think KC and us would be logical suitors, if only temporarily.

I also heard it mentioned he could help Ballard evaluate for the draft.  For a fee, of course.

Well he got fired from KC a couple years ago so it won't be back with them.

4 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I know these guys live pretty posh lifestyles, but I'd imagine any interview would be on West 56th street rather than anyone's mansion.

wouldn’t it be awesome if it could be in Wayne manor and they could dress as Batman characters.  

On 12/31/2019 at 7:04 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

I was thinking about this. Ballard said they were like "brothers".

So were he and Dave Toub if the rumor and innuendo were to be believed.  We heard for two off seasons that Dave was almost a shoo-in to be his head coach. 

And he never even got an interview. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

So were he and Dave Toub if the rumor and innuendo were to be believed.  We heard for two off seasons that Dave was almost a shoo-in to be his head coach. 

And he never even got an interview. 

Didn't get an interview with the Colts (in two rounds of interviews), and didn't get an interview with the Browns. 

On 12/31/2019 at 6:45 PM, 1959Colts said:

Perhaps Dorsey will be offered another GM position with some team in need?

He does have the reputation.

The Freddie Kitchens hire was an egregious one, he earned that axe. He may be well served to sit out a year and reflect on why on earth he made that decision.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2020 at 12:53 PM, EastStreet said:

Hard pass. He screwed the Chiefs salary cap situation. He also * off a ton of players. Decent/good at evaluating talent, but not a great people person or "manager". I'd take him so long as he's limited to scouting. I'd be happy to raid the kitchen of any staff that Ballard likes though.

Don't know if this was intentional, but if so, very clever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

The Freddie Kitchens hire was an egregious one, he earned that axe. He may be well served to sit out a year and reflect on why on earth he made that decision.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/12/cleveland-browns-gm-john-dorsey-was-blessed-with-a-bounty-and-blew-it.html

Yeah.... after reading this piece I'd prefer we not fold Dorsey into the mix here....

Throwing Money GIF by memecandy

• Like 1