Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Buccaneers Game Day thread

Nadine

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

Those last passes to Johnson and Doyle are reasons why he isn't the answer.

Yet the pass to Doyle on the sideline where JB lobbed the ball over the defender is the reason he is still able to make those throws.  He also threw a screen (or pass out in the flat) today that was very good.

Next...

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Takes a pretty special effort to lose this game, Bucs had 4 flipping turnovers. . . .  This one was unfathomable.  

Without the two handoffs by Winston to his teammate Leonard, they would have been blown out.

• Like 1

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yet the pass to Doyle on the sideline where JB lobbed the ball over the defender is the reason he is still able to make those throws.  He also threw a screen (or pass out in the flat) today that was very good.

Next...

NFL QB can make NFL passes? No way.....

But in the most important moment of the game he throws like garbage. 

Next...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Calmack said:

Open your eyes. We had 4 TOs and couldn't capitalize. His last passes to Johnson and Doyle show the type of QB he is.

Even with those turnovers the defense was not getting it done.  10 point lead to start the game.  Defense gave up 38 and the offense scored 28.

1 minute ago, aavmarine said:

You * people that said to not spend  money in the off season are *s. This is the outcome. We had $120  million dollars,  and nothing to show for it. Anyone one that denied this, is an *....

As if we have control of the team's money?...... 

Also, chill.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The season was over after last week so that depression had already set in with me lmao . I thought JB played well for the most part today, our pass defense was awful. That Hines fumble was critical as well. It is what it is.  

To follow this up, we needed to beat Houston and Tennessee in reality to win the division. Today was a fun game to watch but to lose always stinks with me. Can't blame JB for this one folks, we were up 35-21 and couldn't hold it. Teams that lead by 14 or more in the 2nd half win 90% of the time. That is on the defense. I am not at all impressed by Winston, he threw for a lot of yards because we played a dumb zone and our secondary is suspect. He is a pick machine and will never win anything big. 

• Like 2

NFL QB can make NFL passes? No way.....

But in the most important moment of the game he throws like garbage. 

Next...

Wow.  Go figure, an NFL QB throws so called garbage in the last plays of a game.  No other NFL QB has ever done this.

Listen, he's not as bad as some say and not as good as others say.  I just think that this game showed JB can get better.  The jury is still out on him.  He made great progress the last two games by getting rid of the ball and giving his receivers a chance to make a play.  He had a lead in this game and the defense constantly let the team down with the lead.  He's not a Hall of Famer, but he's not trash either - not even close.  Can we agree on that?

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah it really bugged me that they had a 3rd and 2 at midfield and they line up with a no back set?  I believe Mack was out of the game.  

Which basically telegraphs the play. Why not keep him in there to keep them guessing. There are things with Reich that says I am still not sure about him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Wow.  Go figure, an NFL QB throws so called garbage in the last plays of a game.  No other NFL QB has ever done this.

Listen, he's not as bad as some say and not as good as others say.  I just think that this game showed JB can get better.  The jury is still out on him.  He made great progress the last two games by getting rid of the ball and giving his receivers a chance to make a play.  He had a lead in this game and the defense constantly let the team down with the lead.  He's not a Hall of Famer, but he's not trash either - not even close.  Can we agree on that?

That's reasonable and agreeable. He isn't bad. But unless we have a stout, dominant team, he probably wont lead us anywhere. He's also been in the league 4 years. 4 years to practice, get coached, work on his game etc. And he still plays like his scouting reports said in college. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't care who you are. If you score 35 points you should never lose. 28 was by the offense. Even 28 should win most games.

that’s understandable but at the same time 4 turnovers should amount to you scoring excessively on Off yet here we are lol 

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Yep. He had a 14 pt lead. He doesn’t play defense and he didn’t fumble the ball.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

Yep. He had a 14 pt lead. He doesn’t play defense and he didn’t fumble the ball.

def also gave him 4 turnovers and a TD the offense cannot score when they need to just because the defense plays their worst/yet best game turnover wise doesnt exclude the fact that THIS OFF SUCKS they’ve kept us in multiple games and the O have let us down now when they Cave it’s the Def Fault that’s unfair to fully blame them 

That's reasonable and agreeable. He isn't bad. But unless we have a stout, dominant team, he probably wont lead us anywhere. He's also been in the league 4 years. 4 years to practice, get coached, work on his game etc. And he still plays like his scouting reports said in college. 

Fair assessment.

I see some improvement, but others may not think it's enough.  I can understand that.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

What are you talking about. Except for the hooker int pretty sure we took advantage. Hines funneled the frickin ball.

Blame goes all around. Coach, defense, offense. But he threw a terrible pass to Doyle on the most important play of the game. And before that, he threw a pass to Johnsons feet. All during crunch time. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't care who you are. If you score 35 points you should never lose. 28 was by the offense. Even 28 should win most games.

Except in the playoffs.
 More Jacoby next week. 
  I watched Ravens vs Buffalo and Saints vs San Fran the first half.
This was exciting anyway. The earlier we and Wash draft the better for me.

Blame goes all around. Coach, defense, offense. But he threw a terrible pass to Doyle on the most important play of the game. And before that, he threw a pass to Johnsons feet. All during crunch time. 

And Russell Wilson threw a pick in the SB to end the game when his team was about to score.

Yep.  That one play defines him as a garbage QB.

Agree, though, that everyone is to blame in this game.  Heck, I'll even blame the ballboy back in Indy for this loss, lol.

We should've ran it on 3rd and 2 and Johnson should've caught that pass in reality. He had it. The Hines fumble was the biggest play of the game if I had to pick just one. That would've been a sure 3 points as close as we were.

• Like 1

- Jacoby is bad

- Frank will be fired after next season

- Knew the D would struggle this year

- Receivers have never been able to      get separation since Harrison and      Wayne. The receivers run their            routes with the defender instead of    trying to run away from the                  defender.