Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WHO"S Your Guy in this 2020 Draft Class???

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/mississippi-state/2018/08/13/mississippi-state-running-back-kylin-hill-charles-huff-aeris-williams-joe-moorhead-saquon-barkley/980689002/ - "Everything Matters"

is how Kylin Hill runs and PLAYS football. And now he has affixed his Life to "run" the same way off the pitch. Forget Saquon Barkley comparison, think... more of a shorter Alvin Kamara with muscles, and the WILL to RUN-Through-an ENTIRE defense. Really he's a shorter Man's David Johnson. with a "Kylin Lean" because he seems to finish soo many plays across the first down line, falling Forward, and with a Violent elegance.

I know, this! seems like Hyperbole but I can assure you. if you dig for his highlight film you'll Witness...

SLEEPER: 2020 NFL Rookie of the Year

WHY: consistency. He was asked in an Interview, what thing was really different from this offseason from the previous, and Hill replied. "essentially nothing" just more of the same. He did make enough changes to EARN a starting position, but even better than that, he finished EVERYTHING he does like a professional. Blocking, Catching, Finishing runs.

Lastly -interview earlier, Hill described what he does when getting involved in the passing game, and his response to the question was (like everything) ..."when the Ball comes my way, I Make.It.Happen" -Kylin Hill RB Mississippi St.

Positively,

Peter

So far, he's my one guy I "WISH" the COLTS Draft out of any player to IMPACT us as a Rookie next season.

WHO's your guy?________________ (most important) and WHY?

For me:

I like Kylin for Our Offense, to add A PUNCH behind Quenton Nelson's Line, and to further our grasp in Ground+Pound control the clock type of Playoff Games that we compete in each week of the Regular Season, and I have yet to find a better 1-2 1a1b Option to have than Marlon Mack + Kylin Hill in 2020.

We need DL (DT and DE) help in a major way

I would love for the Colts to package picks together and get....... CHASE YOUNG

It would cost 2 firsts and a 2nd, I bet......

The kid would excel in this defense, pro bowls for 10 years......

Its a wish list......  prolly not gonnna happen.... but a guy can dream

I do think that we may get more aggressive on trading....... the picks 4th and on, may have difficulty even making this team

• Like 1

It’s becoming Marvin Wilson, DT out of Florida State.  He’s a 6’5”, 311 lb. former 5 -star recruit, who specializes in pass-rush, but he holds up against the run better than our 280 lb. under-tackles.  I started out on the jock of Javon Kinlaw of South Carolina, and he would really work too.  I think his up-the-field game is exactly what we want with our under-tackles, but our in-season moves make me think we want to pair Autry or Lewis with a bigger guy who can anchor against the run, like Wilson.  Now, I’d be willing to bet that Kinlaw is every bit as big as Wilson, but I think that Kinlaw’s game is 100% fly up the field, and 0% sit back and play the run...

• Like 2

WR Ceedee Lamb from Oklahoma. Our WR core could use some added playmakers outside of TY. Brissett had to hold the ball way to long yesterday due to no one able to gain separation.

Lamb would give this team a potential #1 WR even with Hilton on the team. Lamb is that good of a player. He is a crisp route runner with the ability to track the ball very well. 

• Like 1

Been on the Derrick Brown train since last season. He’s everything you’d want in a 3-tech. Big, strong, rushes the passer, plays the run, easy evaluation. I like him even better than Christian Wilkins last season. Would trade up for him.

Number two is probably Delpit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I like a couple of the players already mentioned, so I will bring up another player I also like.  Terrell Lewis, 6'5" 252lbs OLB/DE, Alabama.  He has very good length, and is very athletic, converts speed to power and can run sideline to sideline.  Has been injured during his college career, otherwise he would be a bigger name nationally.  The injuries will be a concern, but if he checks out, he could be a very good NFL player.

On the Oline, I am a fan of Trey Smith, Tennessee.  Also, has had a health issue, blood clots, but that seems to be taken care of now.  He can play OT or OG and looks like a very good prospect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

We need DL (DT and DE) help in a major way

I would love for the Colts to package picks together and get....... CHASE YOUNG

It would cost 2 firsts and a 2nd, I bet......

The kid would excel in this defense, pro bowls for 10 years......

Its a wish list......  prolly not gonnna happen.... but a guy can dream

I do think that we may get more aggressive on trading....... the picks 4th and on, may have difficulty even making this team

I love Young too.   The problem is...   everyone else does too.   And he had an unbelievable game this weekend.  

So if we finish with 10-11 wins our draft slot will be in the mid-20’s.    We can’t get to the top 3 slots with two ones and a two.   It would cost much, much more.   Way, way too expensive. 

Wish it wasn’t so, but it is. 

We gotta hope we find a DL in the mid-20’s and another with the Skins pick in the early to mid-30’s.  

• Like 1

Some very good names in here. 

I've been watching a ton of QBs and I think Herbert will end up being my guy this year, although I'm not as high on him now as I was before the season. Still, I like him a lot. I'd absolutely trade up to say... 10 in a similar trade to what KC and HOU did for Mahomes and Watson. 

17 hours ago, stitches said:

Some very good names in here. 

I've been watching a ton of QBs and I think Herbert will end up being my guy this year, although I'm not as high on him now as I was before the season. Still, I like him a lot. I'd absolutely trade up to say... 10 in a similar trade to what KC and HOU did for Mahomes and Watson. 

I came in this year excited about Herbert, Ive watched a couple games solely to watch him and have been kind of underwhelmed by him. I think I would take Fromm over him. The one that really excites me is Burrow even though there is no chance we get him, he has the serious makings of being a legit star in the league 

• Thanks 1

A couple other guys I’ve had on my mocks:

Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn.  Costanzo has a couple more years as a franchise LT IMO, but I’m thinking about succession.  Wanogho is raw, but has all the athletic tools to be special.  Two years of technique work by a teaching OL coach should make him a good investment.

Gabriel Davis, WR, UCF.  A big, athletic junior who has exploded his last 5 games.  Very productive.  2nd rounder at this point.

Bryce Sterk, DE, Montana St.  Big, long DE with a relentless motor.  Not the quick-twitch Turay/Banogu type.  More the Sheard type.  4th rounder, maybe.

Julian Blackmon, DB, Utah.  6’1”, 204 lbs.  Not sure where his stock comes out, but he was a 2nd team all- conference CB last year before very successfully transitioning to FS this year.  Very versatile.

On 10/28/2019 at 1:55 AM, BlueTruth said:

Kylin Hill

I think Kylin Hill would make for a nice RB tandem with Mack. Great fit attitude-wise with the Colts' run game.

A.J. Dillon out of BC is another 'hammer' back to consider. Earl Campbell, he ain't. But at 6' and 249#, I'd feel pretty good about short yardage & 4th quarter closeouts when guys are tired.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DarkHorseColts said:

I think Kylin Hill would make for a nice RB tandem with Mack. Great fit attitude-wise with the Colts' run game.

A.J. Dillon out of BC is another 'hammer' back to consider. Earl Campbell, he ain't. But at 6' and 249#, I'd feel pretty good about short yardage & 4th quarter closeouts when guys are tired.

I like A.J. Dillon also. He's big, but he runs a 4.5 and he would be great to pair with our other RBs.

The guys I like at each position:

QB: Justin Herbert, Jordan Love (to lesser extent Jacob Eason)

RB: Chuba Hubbard

WR: Justin Jefferson, Kendrick Rogers, Antonio Golden-Gandy

TE: Jacob Breeland

OL: Darrin Paulo

Edge: Julian Okwara

DI: Javon Kinlaw, Marvin Wilson, Neville Gallimore

LB: Malik Harrison

CB: Jeff Gladney

S: Grant Delpit, Kyle Dugger

I've had my eye on Oregon's offensive tackle, Calvin Throckmorton, for a while.  Castonzo is not a young man anymore.  Regardless, we have no competent backup at left tackle anyway.  Throckmorton is not only a quality OT, he's a deep thinker, reader, and student.

Like @Archer, I am also beginning to look at Florida State's Marvin Wilson.  I think it was a mistake to let Al Woods go.  Without that solid big body in front of him, Darius Leonard hasn't quite had the ability to make amazing plays.  We need to rectify that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

I've had my eye on Oregon's offensive tackle, Calvin Throckmorton, for a while.  Castonzo is not a young man anymore.  Regardless, we have no competent backup at left tackle anyway.  Throckmorton is not only a quality OT, he's a deep thinker, reader, and student.

Like @Archer, I am also beginning to look at Florida State's Marvin Wilson.  I think it was a mistake to let Al Woods go.  Without that solid big body in front of him, Darius Leonard hasn't quite had the ability to make amazing plays.  We need to rectify that.

I love the other Oregon tackle - Penei Sewell. Great physical profile and athleticism + very good technique with his hands and nimble on his feet. He's a potential top 10 pick, but I don't think he's eligible this year. 

• Like 1

I Reiterate! Kylin is MY Guy, this Draft.

I pray we take Walker Little (little Walker LT) with him, Kylin, in the next (2020) Draft. so we SOLIDify OUR Future. and Win at least one championship.

+Peter

p.S. I have a 1st round grade on Kylin.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:03 PM, DarkHorseColts said:

I think we need that type of RB as an option on this team........

My way too early order:

Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama

Marvin Wilson, DL, Florida State, Early 2nd Rounder

K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland

A lot of these picks are based on physical tools that I saw in these players for the upside. That is all I have for the moment. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

My way too early order:

Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama

Marvin Wilson, DL, Florida State, Early 2nd Rounder

K'Lavon Chaisson, EDGE, LSU

Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland

A lot of these picks are based on physical tools that I saw in these players for the upside. That is all I have for the moment. :) 

I’d be fine with either addressing the OT or DT in Rd #1. Really think the Colts need to add another CB early in 2020 draft.

• Like 2

On 10/28/2019 at 12:19 PM, BProland85 said:

WR Ceedee Lamb from Oklahoma. Our WR core could use some added playmakers outside of TY. Brissett had to hold the ball way to long yesterday due to no one able to gain separation.

Lamb would give this team a potential #1 WR even with Hilton on the team. Lamb is that good of a player. He is a crisp route runner with the ability to track the ball very well. 

I would die a happy man if the Colts landed Lamb.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:19 PM, BProland85 said:

I would die a happy man if the Colts landed Lamb.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 7:37 PM, Defjamz26 said:

So Javon Kinlaw was on the Stick to Football Podcast and they asked him what team he’d want to play for. He said the Cowboys and the Colts. Brown is my guy but Kinlaw is creeping up too. His story is incredible too.

I'm seeing him mocked to the Colts right now.....I'll have to check him out.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 1:15 PM, CaptainColt12 said:

Isaiah Simmons SS/LB Clemson

I've had a chance to catch a couple Clemon games this year. Simmons is really fun to watch.

Simmons is one of the better prospects at linebacker but his athletic ability and versatility makes him really unique compared to other linebackers.

I don't think that he plays a position that is an obvious need for the Colts to address (like defensive line is) but he is so unique (not to mention good) that I would be thrilled if the Colts were able to get him.

I think adding Simmons to the Colts would give them the potential to have a truly dynamic linebacking group. I would love to see what Simmons and Darius Leonard could do together. Plus, Bobby Okereke has the potential to be a pretty good linebacker in his own right.