Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 0 Confidence Poll

EastStreet

Confidence Poll  

96 members have voted

1. 1. How confident in our Total Offense are you.going into week 1 (1-5, 1 being not confident, 5 being extremely confident)?

• 5 - Extremely confident (our O will be the boss and be top 5)
    • 4 - More than average confidence (will rank 6-12)
    • 3 - Average confidence (will rank 13-20)
    • 2 - Below average confidence (will rank 21-27)
    • 1 - No confidence at all (will rank 28-32)
    • I have zero ideal what to think right now
  2. 2. How confident in our Total Defense are you going into week 1?

• 5 - Extremely confident (our D will be the boss - top 5)
    • 4 - More than average confidence (will rank 6-12)
    • 3 - Average confidence (will rank 13-20)
    • 2 - Below average confidence (will rank 21-27)
    • 1 - No confidence at all (will rank 28-32)
  3. 3. Weekly Wildcard Question: How confident are you with our current starting QB situation?

• 5 - Extremely confident (JB will be a top 5 QB)
    • 4 - More than average confidence (JB will rank 6-12)
    • 3 - Average confidence (JB will rank 13-20)
    • 2 - Below average confidence (JB will rank 21-27)
    • 1 - No confidence at all (JB will rank 28-32)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2019 at 08:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Average on the offense and Brissett, and above average on the defense. Would use the Colts DEF as a spot starter in certain weeks in fantasy as well.

I'm really hoping our O can take advantage of LAC's LB injuries, and our D have an easier day vs Rivers without the threat of Gordon.

Can't wait to see what Houston can do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm really hoping our O can take advantage of LAC's LB injuries, and our D have an easier day vs Rivers without the threat of Gordon.

Can't wait to see what Houston can do.

I think our front seven will have a nice day Vs the Chargers O-Line. That's a battle I expect us to dominate. The real test will be our O-Line Vs their D-Line. Houston knows the Chargers well I'm sure. Also, Eckler and Jackson aren't much of a dropoff IMO from Gordon, but I was never high on Gordon in the first place.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think our front seven will have a nice day Vs the Chargers O-Line. That's a battle I expect us to dominate. The real test will be our O-Line Vs their D-Line. Houston knows the Chargers well I'm sure. Also, Eckler and Jackson aren't much of a dropoff IMO from Gordon, but I was never high on Gordon in the first place.

Yup, their OL is mediocre to poor. Their DL is very good though. I can see both QBs struggling a bit.

I'm hoping we get great pressure which translates to sacks and INTs. Gotta win the turnover battle to get out their with a W.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, their OL is mediocre to poor. Their DL is very good though. I can see both QBs struggling a bit.

I'm hoping we get great pressure which translates to sacks and INTs. Gotta win the turnover battle to get out their with a W.

I honestly see the Colts DEF as a Bears lite DEF. We'll allow more points, but create just as many sacks, INT's, fumbles, pressures, etc... that a defense does just as well as them. They'll have to carry us a bit this year, but it seems like the team is motivated, and we're relatively healthy.

36 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

JB is pretty good at protecting the ball.

James may be out, but that D is still good. Chargers are done of the most complete teams in the NFL even though they're dealing with injuries. The defense will have to stop Rivers and the O can't come out flat. It was unlikely that the colts would win with luck. I doubt they win with Brissett but still excited regardless.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I'd be surprised if we didn't have a top 12 pick.I give it a 1 in 3 chance we're picking in the top 5. We shouldnt be 2017 bad, but the offense won't be that much better and the defense won't be good enough to keep a career backup QB in games all season.

Offense  will be leagues  better. Greatest show  on turf good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I honestly see the Colts DEF as a Bears lite DEF. We'll allow more points, but create just as many sacks, INT's, fumbles, pressures, etc... that a defense does just as well as them. They'll have to carry us a bit this year, but it seems like the team is motivated, and we're relatively healthy.

It's going to be interesting to see how are D does against the upgraded Passing Os we'll face this year. I think we'll definitely find out by the end of the first half of the season if we were pretenders last year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Looking at the poll results, with all the vocal sunshine pumping, I'm a little surprised to see so many with average or less than average confidence in the QB situation. Wasn't expecting what looks like decent/even bell curve.

I believe  in in Brissett  until he proves  otherwise 

• Like 1

Sorry,  this isn't week 0.     It's week 1.       The first game of the NFL season was tonight.

This whole week was week 1.      

Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.....    because next week,  is week 2.

The weeks are counted before the game,  not after.

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry,  this isn't week 0.     It's week 1.       The first game of the NFL season was tonight.

This whole week was week 1.      

Just want to make sure we're all on the same page.....    because next week,  is week 2.

The weeks are counted before the game,  not after.

The poll was a preseason confidence poll, and posted before the first game. Not getting into a silly semantics debate. The next poll will be published pre week 2 games, after week 1 games. Just so we're all on the same page...

49 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The poll was a preseason confidence poll, and posted before the first game. Not getting into a silly semantics debate. The next poll will be published pre week 2 games, after week 1 games. Just so we're all on the same page...

I get it.    And the poll before the week 2 game,  should be week 2 poll.    But if you're calling this week 0,  then you're calling next week,  week 1.     This isn't semantics.    This is just basic math and it's wrong.

First week of the season is week 1.    Second week is week 2.    And so on.

• Like 1

As for the poll.....   I have low confidence in week 1.    The first team barely played at all the entire pre-season.     Very little actual playing in a game,  plus new OL coaching,  plus a new QB,  and we're playing a very good defense....    this should all up to a below average performance by our offense.

I'm only talking about week 1 now...   I anticipate us struggling through much of September,  and then I expect us to gradually improve as we did last year...    better every month as the season goes along...     that's my hope...   that we continue to improve all season long...

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 11:25 PM, IndyScribe said:

James may be out, but that D is still good. Chargers are done of the most complete teams in the NFL even though they're dealing with injuries. The defense will have to stop Rivers and the O can't come out flat. It was unlikely that the colts would win with luck. I doubt they win with Brissett but still excited regardless.

I agree with your assessment that the Chargers are loaded or stacked at every position on their roster. Rivers never gets enough credit for being a tough, seasoned, & elite field general in my estimation. 

I like Jacoby & I believe he will perform better than most experts predict. Tackling always tends to be bad across the league the first few weeks too mostly because veterans haven't played full games yet & they need to built up their endurance & stamina in the 2nd half. I gave our D slightly above marks because I think our defense is gonna be a force to be reckoned with. Okay, more optimism than reality right now. I'll own that. 

The beauty of being left for dead this yr is this: Expectations are lowered thereby giving us the freedom to play loose & be a dark horse team. Under the radar is a great place to be. Being left for dead is a blessing because there's nothing to be afraid of. Just lineup & shock some squads. Why not? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I anticipate us struggling through much of September,  and then I expect us to gradually improve as we did last year...    better every month as the season goes along...     that's my hope...   that we continue to improve all season long...

You're probably right. Sept. will be a bumpy ride for us & yes, INDY will get better every week. 

I will never quite grasp why some posters go after you more than they should. I like reading your commentary & I always value what you have to say. Your intuitions, thought process, & lay of the land seems sound & accurate to me.

Just remember this: Genius is never fully appreciated until a generation or so later unfortunately.

All kidding aside NCF, I'm glad to see that you are making continuing to make your presence known & not letting anybody silence you mi amigo. :hat: I hope all is well too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You're probably right. Sept. will be a bumpy ride for us & yes, INDY will get better every week. 

I will never quite grasp why some posters go after you more than they should. I like reading your commentary & I always value what you have to say. Your intuitions, thought process, & lay of the land seems sound & accurate to me.

Just remember this: Genius is never fully appreciated until a generation or so later unfortunately.

All kidding aside NCF, I'm glad to see that you are making continuing to make your presence known & not letting anybody silence you mi amigo. :hat: I hope all is well too. 

SW1........

For some reason,  you've always been a good friend.    Always had my back.   I appreciate that more than I can say.    It means a great deal and it's something I value....   I hope I've been a good friend to you too.

As for posters coming after me.....      well,  some of that I bring on myself.    And I know it.    So, I take my medicine and my lumps and regroup and try to do better.   And while I know you know this,  to be clear,  I'm no genius!    And I've got plenty of posts that prove that!    Ha!    There's only one of those here and he flies around rescuing bad threads...    he has a cape and a big S on his chest.    Other than that,  the rest of us here are simply mortal.

You've been gone a long time from here...    you've come back recently.    It's always good to have you back posting!    Looking forward to an interesting 2019 season.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

SW1........

For some reason,  you've always been a good friend.    Always had my back.   I appreciate that more than I can say.    It means a great deal and it's something I value....   I hope I've been a good friend to you too.

As for posters coming after me.....      well,  some of that I bring on myself.    And I know it.    So, I take my medicine and my lumps and regroup and try to do better.   And while I know you know this,  to be clear,  I'm no genius!    And I've got plenty of posts that prove that!    Ha!    There's only one of those here and he flies around rescuing bad threads...    he has a cape and a big S on his chest.    Other than that,  the rest of us here are simply mortal.

You've been gone a long time from here...    you've come back recently.    It's always good to have you back posting!    Looking forward to an interesting 2019 season.

You are very respected here as SW1 knows that. I read your stuff when you post because 9 times out of 10 your posts make sense. Some even make me laugh :thmup:. Your reputation points prove that you are one of the best posters here. Trust me I am no genius either. Luck retiring proved that as I laughed at certain posters when they said he wouldn't start week 1. I was so sure not only would he start in week 1, I was telling people they were worrying for nothing. I ended up being way wrong on that one. Sometimes you and I and others have our great moments where we are 100% right (I had the Colts as a playoff team before last year so I nailed that one) and then sometimes we are wrong. That is sports in a nut shell though. Anyway just keep posting your knowledge as this place is better off with you then without you. By the way I have the Colts at 8 wins this year is what I am going with this year as a final prediction. So no before season playoff prediction this season but guess what I hope I am wrong :thmup:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I mean, I hope you're right.  But I still can't tell if this is a joke or you're dead serious.  If serious, I don't see it at all.  I mean we were fringe top 5 last year in offense with Luck.  

yea but luck wasn't 100 percent at the start and his wrs were a lot worse than this years. That's why I believe Brissett will approach Luck's career bests despite not being as good, due to improved yards after the catch, receivers that can separate due to elite route running, and wrs that can catch.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:26 AM, OffensivelyPC said:

I'd be surprised if we didn't have a top 12 pick.I give it a 1 in 3 chance we're picking in the top 5. We shouldnt be 2017 bad, but the offense won't be that much better and the defense won't be good enough to keep a career backup QB in games all season.

tenor.gif

7 minutes ago, Stephen said:

the saints and chiefs games should be the two toughest to win.

Off topic but that is who I have in the SB, Chiefs and Saints. Back on topic as I already posted, I voted 3, 4, 3. I think we will be competitive and threaten to make the playoffs but it is tough for me to think that we will not have a drop off without Luck. That is why I say 8 wins. What is funny is 9 wins could win our division. 

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are very respected here as SW1 knows that. I read your stuff when you post because 9 times out of 10 your posts make sense. Some even make me laugh :thmup:. Your reputation points prove that you are one of the best posters here. Trust me I am no genius either. Luck retiring proved that as I laughed at certain posters when they said he wouldn't start week 1. I was so sure not only would he start in week 1, I was telling people they were worrying for nothing. I ended up being way wrong on that one. Sometimes you and I and others have our great moments where we are 100% right (I had the Colts as a playoff team before last year so I nailed that one) and then sometimes we are wrong. That is sports in a nut shell though. Anyway just keep posting your knowledge as this place is better off with you then without you. By the way I have the Colts at 8 wins this year is what I am going with this year as a final prediction. So no before season playoff prediction this season but guess what I hope I am wrong :thmup:.

CBE!      Another good friend of mine!     And I'm lucky to have you as one.

I too always hope I'm wrong when it means good news for the Colts.    I'd always, Always,  ALWAYS rather be wrong if it means better results for the Colts!    I take no satisfaction when I'm right if it means the team has done poorly.   Yuk,  who wants that crown?!?    Barf!  

Last year was one of the most enjoyable football season as a fan that I've enjoyed in more than 50 years of watching the NFL.    Never occured to me that Luck would walk away now.    But,  life goes on and so do the Colts.    And I'm incredibly curious about this season.    I'm in the 8 win camp for now.   But I could also see 7 or 9.    Wouldn't it be great if we're all surprised to the upside and we get 10 or more?     OMG,  that would be sweeeeet!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

CBE!      Another good friend of mine!     And I'm lucky to have you as one.

I too always hope I'm wrong when it means good news for the Colts.    I'd always, Always,  ALWAYS rather be wrong if it means better results for the Colts!    I take no satisfaction when I'm right if it means the team has done poorly.   Yuk,  who wants that crown?!?    Barf!  

Last year was one of the most enjoyable football season as a fan that I've enjoyed in more than 50 years of watching the NFL.    Never occured to me that Luck would walk away now.    But,  life goes on and so do the Colts.    And I'm incredibly curious about this season.    I'm in the 8 win camp for now.   But I could also see 7 or 9.    Wouldn't it be great if we're all surprised to the upside and we get 10 or more?     OMG,  that would be sweeeeet!

Yeah last season was one of my favorites as a Colts fan all-time. Really other than the season when we won the SB in 2006 with Peyton, 1995 - the Harbaugh magical season, and Luck's rookie season in 2012 where we went from 2-14 to 11-5, I would say last season was more fun to watch than any other. Winning 9 of 10 just to get in and beating Houston at Houston in the playoffs was priceless. I am hoping this season can be similar to last season and Brissett can handle being a starter. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I get it.    And the poll before the week 2 game,  should be week 2 poll.    But if you're calling this week 0,  then you're calling next week,  week 1.     This isn't semantics.    This is just basic math and it's wrong.

First week of the season is week 1.    Second week is week 2.    And so on.

Quickly, you need to call ESPN and correct them. They've went and called their current FPI rankings "week 1" after the first week of CFB.

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Quickly, you need to call ESPN and correct them. They've went and called their current FPI rankings "week 1" after the first week of CFB.

I will.    I absolutely will.

The very moment you can show me one website.....   one legitimate website that shows anything as.......   Week 0.

Do that,  and I'll make a call to my friends at ESPN and will be glad to apologize to you.

Happy to.

Little late to the vote...I thought I would be in the very lone majority of voting "average" for our defense. Surprised to see >15 votes for that.

As for Brissett/the offense, I voted average confidence in Brissett but below average confidence in our offense, which might seem confusing. I think an average QB can hinder an offenses potential overall. I think defenses will be eager to stack the box/stop the run and make Brissett prove that we can beat them through the air. I'm not super confident in that happening early on in the season but, like others, I'm expecting/hoping for Brissett and the offense to improve throughout the season.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I will.    I absolutely will.

The very moment you can show me one website.....   one legitimate website that shows anything as.......   Week 0.

Do that,  and I'll make a call to my friends at ESPN and will be glad to apologize to you.

Happy to.

lol... nice try. So espn calling a poll/rank Week 1 after the first full week is fine. That means when I do the next poll after week 1 games, I can call it week 1 like ESPN and it will be just fine. right?