Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Scenario

CR91

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Lets have some fun with this. Lets say Jacoby has a pro bowl season. 4,500 yards 30 tds. Andrew then pulls a Brett Favre and decides to unretire. Do you give the reins back to Luck or do you trade Luck?

It would be lucks team

• Like 2

Two things would influence that decision.

1.) What is Brissett's asking price 

2.) What is Luck's trade value 

If the Colts truly believed Luck was coming back to play 8 more seasons, it would be hard to turn that down. However, if a team is offering multiple first round picks and Brissett looks like a star, you have to give Brissett the keys and give Andrew the Farve Treatment. 

That would be a really hard situation to handle. Honestly I have no idea of what I'd do. It would depend a lot on how Brisett looked in game and if I trusted him to do it again, how he played in late game situations, against the better teams. I'd be inclined to go on with Luck 'cause he can be the best in this league, but on the other hand, I'd have to ponder what would happen if he got injured again...would he retire once and for all? Would he try and come back again? 

Sumarizing....I wrote all this to say I wouldn't know what to do. But still...I think my questionings would be the same of all of us.

JMV said it perfectly on the radio yesterday = we just got everything turned around in 2018 after being a bad team and being mocked about Deflategate by the media. The media was even hyping us up and they liked us going into 2019 but then Andrew Luck crushed everything just like that. Now the media once again thinks we are not contenders and bashing our fans for booing Luck.

That's tough, and you never know that scenario could very well happen. People unretire all the time. Right now some may say it's Lucks team, but if Jacoby really had that kind of a year, us actually watching it happend, would sway most people to keep Jacoby and trade Luck. Tough scene.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Lets have some fun with this. Lets say Jacoby has a pro bowl season. 4,500 yards 30 tds. Andrew then pulls a Brett Favre and decides to unretire. Do you give the reins back to Luck or do you trade Luck?

Unless you get had not retained JB under a new contract during the season and thus couldn't keep him from exploring the FA market, then you welcome Luck back with open arms.

To me the better question is, when, and for how much / how long, do you extend to JB to be the Colts starting QB.  And does he take it?

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unless you get had not retained JB under a new contract during the season and thus couldn't keep him from exploring the FA market, then you welcome Luck back with open arms.

To me the better question is, when, and for how much / how long, do you extend to JB to be the Colts starting QB.  And does he take it?

Id say its better to extend him now because if he plays lights out, that is a 20+ contract.