Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fan Cba Thread (Please Read And Comment Colts Fans)

Nadine

Like I said earlier if someone wants to bash someone else, they can do it anywhere so why would this be different? It was your idea so it's your call but I don't see these issues being a problem.

It wasn't my idea, it was suggested to me by a member so, I thought I'd throw it out there and have the community have a hand in deciding how to make this a civil place again.

It is not fair to the mods, (who are also fans and who are also currently divided on this particular issue) to have to constantly ask people to be civil and to have people disregard that request because they feel like somebody else started it

You see what I'm saying

We want to have to do LESS by way of moderating people

People are responsible for how they feel and how they post

I do worry that by creating another forum, we're suggesting that they are not responsible. Seriously, that concerns me

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is that PM is different than the other examples, I think you know that he took the game and the team to a higher level than anyone else could have imagined. It's unlikely anyone could have done so much with what he had.

Not the point. And it's subjective. Start a trend for one, it makes it difficult to decline (fairly) others. Peyton is a legend, but not in everyone's eyes. Just look at the split on this board now. Opinions differ.

Note - I do think he's a legend, but happy to let go now, and refocus on the future....

Not the point. And it's subjective. Start a trend for one, it makes it difficult to decline (fairly) others. Peyton is a legend, but not in everyone's eyes. Just look at the split on this board now. Opinions differ.

Note - I do think he's a legend, but happy to let go now, and refocus on the future....

That's why if you do it, it is about former Colts stars as opposed to "just" Peyton Manning. Huge difference.

Ex-Colts Round Up or something to that effect. Again, it's a lot more work for the mods, so the best thing to do is to move any ex-Colts thread to the general NFL section so people won't whine and complain about seeing Manning's name or him getting attention.

For anyone that doesn't think he is an NFL legend much less a Colts legend then they do not know anything at all about football and likely stumbled upon this site because they were wanting to buy a pony.

That's why if you do it, it is about former Colts stars as opposed to "just" Peyton Manning. Huge difference.

Ex-Colts Round Up or something to that effect. Again, it's a lot more work for the mods, so the best thing to do is to move any ex-Colts thread to the general NFL section so people won't whine and complain about seeing Manning's name or him getting attention.

For anyone that doesn't think he is an NFL legend much less a Colts legend then they do not know anything at all about football and likely stumbled upon this site because they were wanting to buy a pony.

I think we are in agreement? But not sure.

Probably too late to vote or matter, but I go along with a Separate spot just for Peyton items and comments if in regards to him from the past or social events including him. Once he starts playing at another team, comments on performance outcomes there should go to NFL General file. Have a super day, let the Colts file start to move forward with the new team and teamates

I think we are in agreement? But not sure.

I think so.

For the sake of the mods, they have their work cut out for them. I'd leave it as is. Just move the Manning, Clark, Brackett, whoever threads to the NFL.

If it wouldn't be a huge issue then I think a separate Ex-Colts Roundup or a Sub-forum under NFL general for the same thing would be a good idea. Basically if they were starting the forum over again, it would be a better idea than it is now where some will post 18 news in the Colts section, some would post it in the NFL.

The mods have too much on their plate as it is... Some will just have to be unhappy until the posts can be moved.

I guess when I think about it, its not really as much about a separate forum for Peyton. That is a band aid on the real issue that is anger and blaming. It is human to have anger, different people show anger in their own way. It is common around here for people to remind others that this is a forum and that it is their right to post their opinion, which is true. However, I fail to see the gain in allowing this shared spaced to be polluted by repeated attacks on any aspect of our franchise when blaming them for whatever decision a poster doesn't like. The most recent is blaming Grigson and Irsay for the departure of PM. Again, saying once or twice is giving your opinion. popping in every thread, or worse starting new threads about the same dislike....over and over....this repeated venting....pollutes the forum air we all have to breathe.

According to the rules, I could go back, after PM is signed elsewhere...for example and pull up every thread where people posted that PM would remain a Colt. Some of them were my own. I could then point out in a quote that every one was wrong, could I not? It is my opinion. But I would never do that because mainly, even if I felt that strongly about, I dont feel the whole board should have to witness it. When courtesy fails in the name of "rights of opinion", it borders ever so closely to smack. If a Titans fan comes here and just continually tears down our owner, is that not flaming? Why is it not flaming when it is done by a Colt fan?

Those are just my thoughts, but I do very much appreciate a moderated forum. It is absolutely the main reason I am here. I have left many great friends behind in other boards because of the way posters treat each other when they have the protection of an anonymous identity and no policing. Thank each and every one of you.

I guess when I think about it, its not really as much about a separate forum for Peyton. That is a band aid on the real issue that is anger and blaming. It is human to have anger, different people show anger in their own way. It is common around here for people to remind others that this is a forum and that it is their right to post their opinion, which is true. However, I fail to see the gain in allowing this shared spaced to be polluted by repeated attacks on any aspect of our franchise when blaming them for whatever decision a poster doesn't like. The most recent is blaming Grigson and Irsay for the departure of PM. Again, saying once or twice is giving your opinion. popping in every thread, or worse starting new threads about the same dislike....over and over....this repeated venting....pollutes the forum air we all have to breathe.

According to the rules, I could go back, after PM is signed elsewhere...for example and pull up every thread where people posted that PM would remain a Colt. Some of them were my own. I could then point out in a quote that every one was wrong, could I not? It is my opinion. But I would never do that because mainly, even if I felt that strongly about, I dont feel the whole board should have to witness it. When courtesy fails in the name of "rights of opinion", it borders ever so closely to smack. If a Titans fan comes here and just continually tears down our owner, is that not flaming? Why is it not flaming when it is done by a Colt fan?

Those are just my thoughts, but I do very much appreciate a moderated forum. It is absolutely the main reason I am here. I have left many great friends behind in other boards because of the way posters treat each other when they have the protection of an anonymous identity and no policing. Thank each and every one of you.

I think the moderating staff has been fairly lenient when it comes to Irsay/Team/Situation because they understand the complexity of what has happened in the past week to a month. Stating facts to some is flaming. To some the don't see it as a fact and think it's worse than it is. This isn't going to be a pretty place/scene anytime soon.

Thr point or the subjective is splitting hairs and irrelevant.

If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.

Winston Churchill

I am ready to focus on the future I just liked this idea but it's not worth arguing over.

Go Colts!

It wasn't my idea, it was suggested to me by a member so, I thought I'd throw it out there and have the community have a hand in deciding how to make this a civil place again.

It is not fair to the mods, (who are also fans and who are also currently divided on this particular issue) to have to constantly ask people to be civil and to have people disregard that request because they feel like somebody else started it

You see what I'm saying

We want to have to do LESS by way of moderating people

People are responsible for how they feel and how they post

I do worry that by creating another forum, we're suggesting that they are not responsible. Seriously, that concerns me

Maureen, the last thing I would want to do is make it any harder than it already is.

The mods will decide or not decide and it really isn't important enough to get people with a love for the Colts to argue with each other. It will happen enough without a new room to do it in, I'm behind whatever decision is made.

Go Colts!

Please don't take this the wrong way but I think this is a knee jerk reaction to placate a few people who used this "technicality" to dismiss the opinion of other posters - who still needed to express their opinion that this move was a mistake. For example, A "Peyton's arm is better" thread turned into a "we made a mistake" thread and those that don't want to hear that tried to banish the thread to another forum, so they don't have to read it.

But we don't make rules because we don't like why some are asking for them, we make them because they are important for structure in a community. We also shouldn't have edge cases when we make rules.

Therefore, I feel you should put all Peyton posts in NFL general, as he is no longer a colt. Alternatively any Andrew Luck posts should be in the NFL draft until he is drafted by us.

If you want to make a separate section for Peyton admiriation, that is up to you however I don't think that section will get much traffic after the middle of next season.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I think this is a knee jerk reaction to placate a few people who used this "technicality" to dismiss the opinion of other posters - who still needed to express their opinion that this move was a mistake. For example, A "Peyton's arm is better" thread turned into a "we made a mistake" thread and those that don't want to hear that tried to banish the thread to another forum, so they don't have to read it.

But we don't make rules because we don't like why some are asking for them, we make them because they are important for structure in a community. We also shouldn't have edge cases when we make rules.

Therefore, I feel you should put all Peyton posts in NFL general, as he is no longer a colt. Alternatively any Andrew Luck posts should be in the NFL draft until he is drafted by us.

If you want to make a separate section for Peyton admiriation, that is up to you however I don't think that section will get much traffic after the middle of next season.

I don't think it's knee jerk. But it is something to think about

I agree that people should not excuse themselves from staying on topic or using a thread as an excuse for venting frustrations. Nobody enjoys that....not on either side of this issue.

Complaining about complaining has started.....and sigh....mods want peace

I agree though that's it's a colts board, I just wanted to discuss what that means and if we should make any changes

re: Andrew luck......we fought that battle all season long..........ALL SEASON LONG. We recently; gave up because it was like spitting in the ocean

We do think that people should follow the rules. We also think it shouldn't take constant reminders to follow the rules

We are not 'housekeeping'

Feels that way sometimes.........if housekeeping also had to break up fights :lol:

I agree that people should not excuse themselves from staying on topic or using a thread as an excuse for venting frustrations. Nobody enjoys that....not on either side of this issue.

I agree though that's it's a colts board, I just wanted to discuss what that means and if we should make any changes

re: Andrew luck......we fought that battle all season long..........ALL SEASON LONG. We recently; gave up because it was like spitting in the ocean

We do think that people should follow the rules. We also think it shouldn't take constant reminders to follow the rules

Feels that way sometimes.........if housekeeping also had to break up fights :lol:

Perhaps the best post of the year so far. We (including myself) forget all the stuff you guys do. I feel kind of ashamed when I bleat about those who bleat about all the bleating. If we all follow the rules, then where we put threads is clearly irrelevent.

For what it's worth, I'm really gonna miss our man Peyton. Really gonna miss him.

You know I've never understood the logic behind saying if we want to talk about an explayer or excoach it can't be done in the Colts section. Other than the fact that player is still playing I see it as no different than talking about someone like Jim Mora who is no longer with the team. I think a lot of Colts fans like to hear what happens to older players or coaches because they were fans of them. To me that's part of what a forum about a team is for. Also frankly this hasn't really been an issue before, we've had threads about other Colts who have left and went to other teams the most recent being guys like Sesson, Lilja, and DeVan last year. No one had an issue about that. People talked about Sanders getting hurt in San Diego as well last year no one cared. People talked about Marvin's league issues and no one cared. People talked about Edge all the time and no one cared. Heck when Rhodes was doing well in the UFL people talked about him and that was all fine to stay in the Colts section.

The only other name I've seen this be an issue with other than Peyton Manning was Tony Dungy. Maybe the two most beloved people to be around the Colts in the past 14 years. It's natural people are going to want to talk about them and follow what happens to them after they leave and I see no reason why they can't do that in the Colts section (a section that currently has a thread about Chad Hanne going to the Dolphins which has NOTHING to do with the Colts other than a few Colts fans suggesting we might look into him in other threads but yet that's okay to talk about in the Colts section but Peyton Manning is not...) To me that screams of people having a harder time letting go of those people and telling others they have to move on by not talking about them because they aren't a Colt anymore. Frankly if people don't want to talk about them they have choice, don't read the threads about them and don't post in them no one is going to make them do it. I don't know how many times a day I see a thread that I don't care about and I just simply ignore it.

I don't think talking about Peyton Manning and what's going to happen to him is unreasonable for the Colts section because to a lot of people no matter what happens with Peyton Manning he will always be a Colt just like other past players to leave here and people have no issue with them being talked about in the Colts section. If people are getting out of hand with it and hyjacking threads to talk about Peyton or trashing other posters over that we have rules that everyone agrees to when they sign up to enjoy the forum and both of those are clearly stated as not being aloud so they just need to be enforced and I know our mod team is more than willing to enforce those rules if need be.

So in short people just need to be adult about it and if people want to talk about Peyton Manning in the Colts section I think that's okay. If people don't want to discuss that just don't read the thread. Generally speaking I don't think it's right that a poster should be able to tell another Colts fan you can't talk about this in the Colts section when you are talking about probably the most famous man to ever wear the horse shoe. That just seems silly and if people really don't want to talk about it just don't it's that simple. By the same token just because you like Peyton Manning anytime someone brings up the name Andrew Luck or whatever or is talking about something that doesn't have anything to do with Peyton those people shouldn't rush to bring Peyton Manning's name into the converstation. Still it's going to happen just like how if you brought up the name Peyton Manning in the past no matter where you did it in the Colts section, NFL general section, or even the draft section a Pats fan wouldn't be far behind to talk about Tom Brady and it would turn into Manning vs Brady thread yet that was cool to take place in the Colts section.

If people want to talk about Peyton let them in the Colts section I think this has become a way bigger deal than it should when there is an easy fix if you don't want to talk about it just ignore it like you would anything else you don't want to talk about. Just my two cents.

I'd say this though if someone honestly thinks the Colts made a mistake shouldn't they be free to bring that up on the Colts message board? I mean I get tired of people who wont let it go too but at the end of the day they have the same to their opinion that I do to mine. This isn't the first time people haven't let go of something. Till this season the 2009 Jets game was very much like this yet that was not for a lack of a better word sensered and that's what I kinda see this as doing.

I think people just need to be respectful to each other and if they do I don't see this as being a major issue. If they can't be respectful to each other well that's what the rules are for. I think it means understanding just because you love Peyton Manning and honestly think letting him was a mistake doesn't a lone mean you aren't a Colts fan anymore. With that said I think it's important to understand that just because you like Andrew Luck and are excited for the future doesn't mean you were trying to push Peyton Manning out the door either. I also think it's important to remember if you stand up and go I am never cheering for this team again because they let go of Peyton Manning or something to that effect of course people are going to question your fanhood becase you are saying you wont pull for them anymore. There are ways to say hey I don't like the moves without trashing the team and the people who made them. Respect goes both ways if you want to be respected to stand up and say hey the team made the wrong move then you need to still show respect for the team and owner and not take petty shots at them because you are mad at them. To me it's no different than taking a shot at another poster because you are mad at them which is against the rules. Maybe this could be solved by making sure that is crystal clear in the rules.

To me that's the issue people want to be able to say hey I don't like the moves the team made but it's when they start taking shots at Irsay or the team other fans get upset. By the same token if someone stands up and says hey you know I love the Colts and I want them to do well going forward but I honestly think this is a mistake they don't want to have their fan hood questioned or have people throw insults at them for doing that. So if we can find a way to knock that stuff off I think things would be fine.

We as fans just need to be adults to each other and understand this isn't life or death and sometimes we get a little carried away with our opinions (I know I've been guilty of that in the past) and at times like that it's best to step back and remember it's a game and if Peyton Manning no longer being a Colt is the worst thing going on in your life be grateful for what you have. By the sametime I think it would be helpful to remember if you've moved on past Peyton Manning hey great but not everyone is going to get over this as quick as you. For a good chunk of our fans this is the ONLY QB they have ever known and saying good bye to him is hard and they need to work threw that. I know when I need to work threw somehting I do it by talking so i can see how people are doing that on the forum.

I'd say this though if someone honestly thinks the Colts made a mistake shouldn't they be free to bring that up on the Colts message board? I mean I get tired of people who wont let it go too but at the end of the day they have the same to their opinion that I do to mine. This isn't the first time people haven't let go of something. Till this season the 2009 Jets game was very much like this yet that was not for a lack of a better word sensered and that's what I kinda see this as doing.

I think people just need to be respectful to each other and if they do I don't see this as being a major issue. If they can't be respectful to each other well that's what the rules are for. I think it means understanding just because you love Peyton Manning and honestly think letting him was a mistake doesn't a lone mean you aren't a Colts fan anymore. With that said I think it's important to understand that just because you like Andrew Luck and are excited for the future doesn't mean you were trying to push Peyton Manning out the door either. I also think it's important to remember if you stand up and go I am never cheering for this team again because they let go of Peyton Manning or something to that effect of course people are going to question your fanhood becase you are saying you wont pull for them anymore. There are ways to say hey I don't like the moves without trashing the team and the people who made them. Respect goes both ways if you want to be respected to stand up and say hey the team made the wrong move then you need to still show respect for the team and owner and not take petty shots at them because you are mad at them. To me it's no different than taking a shot at another poster because you are mad at them which is against the rules. Maybe this could be solved by making sure that is crystal clear in the rules.

To me that's the issue people want to be able to say hey I don't like the moves the team made but it's when they start taking shots at Irsay or the team other fans get upset. By the same token if someone stands up and says hey you know I love the Colts and I want them to do well going forward but I honestly think this is a mistake they don't want to have their fan hood questioned or have people throw insults at them for doing that. So if we can find a way to knock that stuff off I think things would be fine.

We as fans just need to be adults to each other and understand this isn't life or death and sometimes we get a little carried away with our opinions (I know I've been guilty of that in the past) and at times like that it's best to step back and remember it's a game and if Peyton Manning no longer being a Colt is the worst thing going on in your life be grateful for what you have. By the sametime I think it would be helpful to remember if you've moved on past Peyton Manning hey great but not everyone is going to get over this as quick as you. For a good chunk of our fans this is the ONLY QB they have ever known and saying good bye to him is hard and they need to work threw that. I know when I need to work threw somehting I do it by talking so i can see how people are doing that on the forum.

Thanks for taking the time to post about this. you make a very compelling case for allowing threads about ex colts in the colts forum

Maureen,

I thiink it would be a mistake to make a separate "Peyton and his buddies" section.

It would further support the chasm that has become the new Colts vs. the old Colts.

I think there should be only one Colts forum.

I think we should entertain Peyton and his buddies threads until FA is over and we have drafted our new QB, at which time we move them to NFL general.

I agree with FROG.. entirely

and I almost never agree with him. :eyebrow:

Thanks for taking the time to post about this. you make a very compelling case for allowing threads about ex colts in the colts forum

I don't know if I'm the reason for this mess, Maureen, but I apologize if I am. Ultimately, I have no preference for where PM conversations happen, and can understand the logic voiced by some to have all ex-colt talk in the main colts forum. Again, if it was my question (#4 on this thread) that started this whole debate, I was doing so for general clarification, and was never anticipating this kind of burden on you.

I AM SORRY.

Peyton Manning is no longer on the Colts' roster. Therefore, he is no longer a Colt and his posts should be located in NFL GENERAL. When he retires, he may or may not warrant a seperate PEYTON MANNING tab/forum (TBD). If he returns to the Colts organization in a coaching or front office type of situation after retirement, he should then go back into the COLTS forum.

We've got to get some resolution on ground rules on how to post about Peyton

Some fans are ready to put threads about manning in NFL General and Others want such threads in Colts forum

I had thought that in time, when Peyton has a new team......and the Colts have a new qb.we could make the shift but I want to hear what you guys think

It's been suggested to me that since this is a unique situation, maybe we could create a separate forum for Peyton threads all together

I think I could make it appear at the top of the Colts forum, I'm not sure, I'd have to play with it

I want to get a sense of who would like to try this..........or suggestions for what we can try so we can stop having these circular arguments.

Let me know

Its is odd though....kinda like a divorce...and the kids are siding with mommy or daddy..

....they are angry and cant side with both

We discuss Unitas and Bert Jones all the time

Somehow discussions of Manning are upsetting to some.

Its an emotional response.

But once he's signed elsewhere...he's not a Colt..and I;'d be Ok with moving Manning talk

Its is odd though....kinda like a divorce...and the kids are siding with mommy or daddy..

....they are angry and cant side with both

We discuss Unitas and Bert Jones all the time

Somehow discussions of Manning are upsetting to some.

Its an emotional response.

But once he's signed elsewhere...he's not a Colt..and I;'d be Ok with moving Manning talk

i'm starting to feel like discussions about all ex colts may belong in the Colts section

I mean if it's just about them, not about their team

The more difficult issue is when people say they will be cheering against the colts when they play peyton. Sometimes those sorts of comments provoke arguments.......other times they do not

While if posted by a fan of another team, that kind of comment could be considered inflammatory on a Colts board......in this situation it seems like it might be ok

but then if you end up as a result with someones 'fandom' being questioned and the term bandwagon fan being bandied about.........who is to blame?

If you are cheering against the colts.........that doesn't sit well with colts fans.....on a colts board

some of this seems to have eased so maybe time is the only cure

I don't know if I'm the reason for this mess, Maureen, but I apologize if I am. Ultimately, I have no preference for where PM conversations happen, and can understand the logic voiced by some to have all ex-colt talk in the main colts forum. Again, if it was my question (#4 on this thread) that started this whole debate, I was doing so for general clarification, and was never anticipating this kind of burden on you.

I AM SORRY.

no not your fault at all. no worries

i'm starting to feel like discussions about all ex colts may belong in the Colts section

I mean if it's just about them, not about their team

The more difficult issue is when people say they will be cheering against the colts when they play peyton. Sometimes those sorts of comments provoke arguments.......other times they do not

While if posted by a fan of another team, that kind of comment could be considered inflammatory on a Colts board......in this situation it seems like it might be ok

but then if you end up as a result with someones 'fandom' being questioned and the term bandwagon fan being bandied about.........who is to blame?

If you are cheering against the colts.........that doesn't sit well with colts fans.....on a colts board

some of this seems to have eased so maybe time is the only cure

How many people do you think say things her just to draw a resposne..?

I've found several people who attack you no matter what you say...

...as if they enjoy the insults more than the football.. Nature of the message board beast?

How many people do you think say things her just to draw a resposne..?

I've found several people who attack you no matter what you say...

...as if they enjoy the insults more than the football.. Nature of the message board beast?

You could be right. Some people seem to like provoking a response and other people are very short tempered

A couple of people have gotten time outs this week and things have been more peaceful. So, perhaps it was a few that were causing what seemed to be more widespread intolerance

You know I've never understood the logic behind saying if we want to talk about an explayer or excoach it can't be done in the Colts section. Other than the fact that player is still playing I see it as no different than talking about someone like Jim Mora who is no longer with the team. I think a lot of Colts fans like to hear what happens to older players or coaches because they were fans of them. To me that's part of what a forum about a team is for. Also frankly this hasn't really been an issue before, we've had threads about other Colts who have left and went to other teams the most recent being guys like Sesson, Lilja, and DeVan last year. No one had an issue about that. People talked about Sanders getting hurt in San Diego as well last year no one cared. People talked about Marvin's league issues and no one cared. People talked about Edge all the time and no one cared. Heck when Rhodes was doing well in the UFL people talked about him and that was all fine to stay in the Colts section.

...edited for length...

If people want to talk about Peyton let them in the Colts section I think this has become a way bigger deal than it should when there is an easy fix if you don't want to talk about it just ignore it like you would anything else you don't want to talk about. Just my two cents.

you put into thoughts & words what was not much more than a gut feeling for me. i wanted to argue to leave things alone, but couldn't spell it out as you have.

very well done

Oh puh-leeze, do we have to?

Ok, if you insist....

Get a room you two.

On Topic;

There seems to be two camps here.

One side wants to follow, discuss and post about Manning in the Colts section.

The other side wants any mention of him to be stashed in the NFL General section.

Some players history with a team transcends the norm. As such, when these players leave said team, the way they should be honored, the way they should be referenced, the way they should be discussed, transcends the norm.

It's been covered, he built a stadium, he changed the sports culture in Indy....hospitals...blah blah, right? But how does he affect us now that he's gone, any day to definitively play for and eventually be retired by another team? Think about if he does what we all feel he will, succeed greatly. SF and Denver, these once proud and accomplished teams, he could give them back what they haven't had in so many years. Tennessee, he could give them what they've never had. They will embrace "our QB" in the same way we do.

I've given this much thought and I have flip-flopped on this. To continue to post about him in the Colts forum, in any manner, about any subject, will be akin to hanging a picture of your ex-wife/husband in your home. Kinda pathetic. It makes us look pathetic to visitors. It's just....pathetic.

So lets face it, we will continue to discuss his past here, his present time with his new team and his life after he retires for....well for all time as far as I can reckon. This argument will never stop, ever never will it stop. This will be an issue we deal with for years if something proactive isn't done. Otherwise we still wade through the manure and take turns kicking it in each others faces.

Lets create a separate 'All Things Peyton' section. Not to hide him. Not to bury him. Not to forget him or disrespect him, but to honor him prominently.

I think we all dealt with denial and getting over it. I suppose some of us might deal with it for some time. Seeing him sporting different colors is gonna be sick.

Here's a thought about denial I once heard;

Do you know why sailors and fisherman back in the olde days never learned to swim?

Because if they knew how to swim it would take them longer to drown.

Looks like there are varying opinions. The Colts fan in me says we need to move forward with the rebuild, and the Peyton fan says I want to keep up with Manning.

I have no problem keeping up with Peyton in NFL General. Why don't we put him at the top of NFL General. He is no longer our QB, but he will be on the top of our list of other NFL teams?

If not, a poll should be taken. The top of NFL GENERAL is my choice, but I will live and follow wherever he is...as well as Eli.

Looks like there are varying opinions. The Colts fan in me says we need to move forward with the rebuild, and the Peyton fan says I want to keep up with Manning.

I have no problem keeping up with Peyton in NFL General. Why don't we put him at the top of NFL General. He is no longer our QB, but he will be on the top of our list of other NFL teams?

If not, a poll should be taken. The top of NFL GENERAL is my choice, but I will live and follow wherever he is...as well as Eli.

Anything that puts this issue to rest is good with me. we can't go on like this for years, and if nothing is done, we will. Just earlier today this all started again here >>> http://forums.colts....ng-sweepstakes/

Immeadiatly it turned to fighting about where the thread should be and spiraled downward from jumpstreet.

Personally I like the idea of a separate section for Peyton discussions. It shows the respect of the Colts fanbase. Whats more important is that we put an end to fighting about where his threads go. I feel if we pin a section at the top of the NFL General many people are going to miss it and mods will be moving threads, editing flames from people whom not-so-kindly remind the OP of their mistake.

If we can have a separate section for high school football (of which a total of 3 people participate), than I see no reason why a clearly posted 'All Things Peyton' section cannot work out for us.

Manning is likely announcing his decision tomorrow morning. We should be ready for the onslaught of threads started.

Anything that puts this issue to rest is good with me. we can't go on like this for years, and if nothing is done, we will. Just earlier today this all started again here >>> http://forums.colts....ng-sweepstakes/

Immeadiatly it turned to fighting about where the thread should be and spiraled downward from jumpstreet.

Personally I like the idea of a separate section for Peyton discussions. It shows the respect of the Colts fanbase. Whats more important is that we put an end to fighting about where his threads go. I feel if we pin a section at the top of the NFL General many people are going to miss it and mods will be moving threads, editing flames from people whom not-so-kindly remind the OP of their mistake.

If we can have a separate section for high school football (of which a total of 3 people participate), than I see no reason why a clearly posted 'All Things Peyton' section cannot work out for us.

Manning is likely announcing his decision tomorrow morning. We should be ready for the onslaught of threads started.

I do not like skunks, but for some reason you are wearing on me.....BEWARE of skunks,,,,warm weather....tons of skunks......might want to change your name RUK!!!!

I do not like skunks, but for some reason you are wearing on me.....BEWARE of skunks,,,,warm weather....tons of skunks......might want to change your name RUK!!!!

When I smell a skunk while driving down the road at night, I row down the window and breathe it all in. LOVE IT! Now.....where's my lighter at...?

Have a Heineken......and never use at/at the end of a sentence......You are hilarious!

When I was little and ask my grandfather a question, and ended it with at.... for instance, where's the ball at, he would ALWAYS respond "behind the At." that broke me of it.....

When I was little and ask my grandfather a question, and ended it with at.... for instance, where's the ball at, he would ALWAYS respond "behind the At." that broke me of it.....

I have lived that since I was born......Mom a teacher..Dad a principal after teaching....no wonder I am rotten.... :sun: