Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fan Cba Thread (Please Read And Comment Colts Fans)

Nadine

We've got to get some resolution on ground rules on how to post about Peyton

Some fans are ready to put threads about manning in NFL General and Others want such threads in Colts forum

I had thought that in time, when Peyton has a new team......and the Colts have a new qb.we could make the shift but I want to hear what you guys think

It's been suggested to me that since this is a unique situation, maybe we could create a separate forum for Peyton threads all together

I think I could make it appear at the top of the Colts forum, I'm not sure, I'd have to play with it

I want to get a sense of who would like to try this..........or suggestions for what we can try so we can stop having these circular arguments.

Let me know

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you can make this a poll?

Obviously I vote for making a new forum for all things Peyton and his new team (or even all things regarding former Colts - Reggie, Dallas, etc).

I'm not all that concerned with where you situate it.

I think that Peyton should have his own section. Topics relating to his new team should be posted in the NFL General section, but topics relating to Peyton himself should be placed separately in an exclusive section for him only. It will help in that the NFL General section won't be overrun with Peyton posts, but will also help in that Colts fans can move on in the Colts forum to support the new team without a wave of nostalgia seeping in every other new topic. He should have his own section, in my opinion.

Maureen,

i agree with the previous two posts. I think that all things regarding Peyton should have their own seperate thread as he is no longer part of "Colts News," but all us Colts fans still love him dearly so putting him in the General NFL thread as of now would be too soon...and really, in all our eyes Peyton will always be a Colt no matter where he lands, so we will always be talking about him in some form or another.

I also recognize that this will not stop all conversations about Peyton from appearing in the Colts section of the Forum, but it should decrease them immensly, allowing us who are discussing the future of the Colts to stay focused on that and not have to worry about Peyton issues cluttering things up.

Good idea Maureen!

I think a separate thread for all Peyton comments is a good idea but I highly doubt people will stick to that 100 percent or close, but I like the idea

Once the moderators move a few threads, the new forum would become "the place" to get information about Peyton. It would then hopefully become "the place" that people will want to post about Peyton, because that's where people will be going to READ about Peyton. A lovely circular process, satisfying those who want to follow Peyton's career closely without irritating those who are only concerned with the Colts future.

I think that Peyton should have his own section. Topics relating to his new team should be posted in the NFL General section, but topics relating to Peyton himself should be placed separately in an exclusive section for him only. It will help in that the NFL General section won't be overrun with Peyton posts, but will also help in that Colts fans can move on in the Colts forum to support the new team without a wave of nostalgia seeping in every other new topic. He should have his own section, in my opinion.

I don't know how you separate out thoughts about Peyton from those of his team. If discussing Peyton not having enough wide receivers to throw to, or not being able to get on the field enough because the dbs are lousy and the defense can't get off the field, where do you draw the line?

Maureen,

I thiink it would be a mistake to make a separate "Peyton and his buddies" section.

It would further support the chasm that has become the new Colts vs. the old Colts.

I think there should be only one Colts forum.

I think we should entertain Peyton and his buddies threads until FA is over and we have drafted our new QB, at which time we move them to NFL general.

I don't know how you separate out thoughts about Peyton from those of his team. If discussing Peyton not having enough wide receivers to throw to, or not being able to get on the field enough because the dbs are lousy and the defense can't get off the field, where do you draw the line?

Team news is the cornerbacks, receivers, running backs, injuries, next week's game, etc... In short, it is identical of what is taking place now in the NFL General section. Peyton's section would be about his nerve regeneration, touchdowns, records, personal encounters, family, etc... In short, everything that pertains exclusively to him and not his team. The moderators would do just fine with a few moves of incorrectly placed topics, in my opinion.

I do see your point, but I think it could be arranged. You don't want a Peyton thread to be full of his team's news, but you don't want the NFL General section overrun with Peyton news, either.

Once the moderators move a few threads, the new forum would become "the place" to get information about Peyton. It would then hopefully become "the place" that people will want to post about Peyton, because that's where people will be going to READ about Peyton. A lovely circular process, satisfying those who want to follow Peyton's career closely without irritating those who are only concerned with the Colts future.

Agree, MAC. then those who want to "keep up" with Peyton and converse about him can, those that don't, can just stay away from it....

Maureen,

I thiink it would be a mistake to make a separate "Peyton and his buddies" section.

It would further support the chasm that has become the new Colts vs. the old Colts.

I think we should entertain Peyton and his buddies threads until FA is over and we have drafted our new QB, at which time we move them to NFL general.

This makes sense to me. Once Peyton has signed for a new team and we have a new quarterback why would we have posts about another team's Quarterback in the Colts football section? Nobody's starting ones in there about Mark Sanchez being crap or Blaine Gabbert looking like a bust, if they play for another team it's none of our business.

We all love Peyton and will for a long, long time, but we'll have to move on at some point. Let's stick to the names of the forums - Colts forum for Colts news. NFL general for all other teams. Sadly, Peyton Manning is no longer Colts news.

This makes sense to me. Once Peyton has signed for a new team and we have a new quarterback why would we have posts about another team's Quarterback in the Colts football section?

We all love Peyton and will for a long, long time, but we'll have to move on at some point. Let's stick to the names of the forums - Colts forum for Colts news. NFL general for all other teams. Sadly, Peyton Manning is no longer Colts news.

We won't - that's the entire point - to get the posts out of the Colts forum. The reason for putting them in their own forum is because many of us are going to be following the rest of Peytons career very closely. I've seen many references to people having "a new second favorite team", and that's how I feel myself. But I have NO interest in going to some other teams fansite and interacting with their life-long fanatics, I just want to see what my fellow Colts fans think. If you aren't interested, it would be very easy for you to avoid the forum. But dumping it all into NFL General (particularly so soon) is offensive to me considering what Peyton has meant to us, and it would overwhelm NFL General to the point that THAT won't be able to easily serve it's original purpose - which is to talk about misc stuff from around the league which many people aren't remotely interested in. That is the nature of compromise - Peyton doesn't truly fit in either category. Is it really a problem for another 1/2" of screen real estate to be be devoted to this?

Maureen,

I disagree that it would divide the forum further. I think that it would calm the place down considerably. It's not another Colts forum, it's a Peyton forum - a unique solution for a unique problem. It would provide a means to satisfy the interests of both while avoiding conflict. Right now everyone is in each others face and sparks are flying - and any suggestion to simply relegate "all things Peyton" to NFL General feels to those who will still support him like another kick in the teeth. Avoid the confrontation and you avoid the sparks. You aren't going to calm down those who are upset about Peyton by telling them that their concerns aren't real, you are just going to push them off the site. What's wrong with having them still on the site, just focusing (at least for now) on a different forum? If you aren't interested, you don't have to go there.

I was one who questioned the logic of Manning threads on the Colts Forum, but less out of annoyance than wondering what the policy was...

Don't get me wrong, I do get frustrated that it seems like you can't discuss the logic of PM's release without getting labeled a Manning basher, but I have no issue with those threads existing wherever they make the most sense. I feel that he has been an enormous asset to the team and community, and will always hold a special place in the hearts of all Colts fans. I can see a value in having a Manning specific section, and would love to see it kept that way for the long haul, at least until he formally retires.

I disagree that it would divide the forum further. I think that it would calm the place down considerably. It's not another Colts forum, it's a Peyton forum - a unique solution for a unique problem. It would provide a means to satisfy the interests of both while avoiding conflict. Right now everyone is in each others face and sparks are flying - and any suggestion to simply relegate "all things Peyton" to NFL General feels to those who will still support him like another kick in the teeth. Avoid the confrontation and you avoid the sparks. You aren't going to calm down those who are upset about Peyton by telling them that their concerns aren't real, you are just going to push them off the site. What's wrong with having them still on the site, just focusing (at least for now) on a different forum? If you aren't interested, you don't have to go there.

I guess I see it differently than you.

I think there is more long term harm by creating a Peyton forum separate and distinct from the NFL General forum. It would create an alternative universe where Peyton fans can gather to trash every loss our new team suffers, with "I told you so" type comments. And this will continue until we win a SB again.

I don't think it is a good idea to reinforce the idea that there is more than one Colts team. We do not need to provide the potential hecklers with a ready-made avenue to vent. We cannot prevent them from venting. But I think a better place for them to do so would be in the NFL General section.

I agree with Peyton having his own forum because it doesn't seem like Peyton belongs in the NFL general thread because of his tenure here and he means a lot to Colts fans. But I don't think he belongs in the Colts football thread because he is not part of the team anymore. He should just have his own forum

Maureen,

I disagree, one place for all discussions of a former Colt that will continue to be discussed for years is a good idea. I don't see a "chasm" just a difference of opinions which will get less as time passes

"All Things Manning" is a great idea, we could even talk about Eli there.....

I think there is more long term harm by creating a Peyton forum separate and distinct from the NFL General forum. It would create an alternative universe where Peyton fans can gather to trash every loss our new team suffers, with "I told you so" type comments. And this will continue until we win a SB again.

I don't think it is a good idea to reinforce the idea that there is more than one Colts team. We do not need to provide the potential hecklers with a ready-made avenue to vent. We cannot prevent them from venting. But I think a better place for them to do so would be in the NFL General section.

Whose talking about complaining about the Colts? And who is "they"? You're missing the point, and the fact that you think there is a "they" may be part of the problem. I'm talking about "we".

I have adored the Colts since I was six or seven years old, and that's not changing. I will continue to watch every snap, will embrace Andrew Luck and every other player, and will come here to the Colts Forum to talk about them with my friends. I love this site.

I will also (thanks to Directv) watch every snap of Peytons new team, root for them as hard as I root for the Colts (except when they face each other), and would prefer to come here to "Peyton's Place" or whatever to talk about it with those of my friends who share my enthusiasm. With any luck this could go on for years. I will inevitably become interested in other aspects of the team, just as how I finally turned around to liking Kurt Warner (after years of seeking reasons to trivialize him) and gained enormous respect for Larry Fitzgerald simply in the process of rooting for Edge. However what I DON'T want to do is join a Broncos/Dolphins/Cardinals/Titans/49ers/Texans forum and try to mesh with their fanatics. It's foreign, and I can't think of any conversation that wouldn't start with the phrase "Well I'm a Colts fan, but..........". Not my idea of fun.

And short term if there is a "they" developing here, I think that "they" would calm down considerably in the process of doing this. Regardless, at least they won't be leaving the forum, and there will be considerably less confrontation. Your goal of forcing the info into NFL General gets my hackles up, and I don't even think that I'm one of "them". I've been defending the release of Peyton to "them" all over the site. WE need this.

Maureen,

Agreed. While he's not a Colt, he'll always be a Colt. Until he signs with another team, this is of interest to us as Colts fans, if not relevant. I'd say just keep the Manning stuff on the Colts forum, and then start moving it over once he signs elsewhere.

/$0.02

Whose talking about complaining about the Colts? And who is "they"? You're missing the point, and the fact that you think there is a "they" may be part of the problem. I'm talking about "we".

Interesting.

I don't know what you are talking about. Did I say anything about anyone complaining about the Colts?

Did I specify any "they"? I think you may be reading things that are simply not there.

We've got to get some resolution on ground rules on how to post about Peyton

Some fans are ready to put threads about manning in NFL General and Others want such threads in Colts forum

I had thought that in time, when Peyton has a new team......and the Colts have a new qb.we could make the shift but I want to hear what you guys think

It's been suggested to me that since this is a unique situation, maybe we could create a separate forum for Peyton threads all together

I think I could make it appear at the top of the Colts forum, I'm not sure, I'd have to play with it

I want to get a sense of who would like to try this..........or suggestions for what we can try so we can stop having these circular arguments.

Let me know

Well from reading the suggestions maybe a poll is in order and that way you can see how everyone feels with out reading through those post because after reading what I have I am more confused. I for one would like a separate section because I don't have the NFL on my TV right now and would like to keep up with what is happening with Peyton.

Interesting.

I don't know what you are talking about. Did I say anything about anyone complaining about the Colts?

Did I specify any "they"? I think you may be reading things that are simply not there.

What I'm talking about is what is highlighted below. If I miss-understood you, than I apologize. Please clarify what it was that you DID mean then.

Does not repeated references to "we" strongly suggest the existence of a "they", and might not a reasonable person conclude that "they" would be the "Peyton fans" you speak of, whom "we" would prefer to push to the NFL general section. And aren't "trash" and "vent" synonyms for "complain".

There is only one Colts team, but shortly a great many people on here will have a self-professed "second favorite team". You may not want to reinforce the concept, but it is happening regardless. The question is where "they" should go to talk about it.

What I'm talking about is what is highlighted below. If I miss-understood you, than I apologize. Please clarify what it was that you DID mean then.

Does not repeated references to "we" strongly suggest the existence of a "they", and might not a reasonable person conclude that "they" would be the "Peyton fans" you speak of, whom "we" would prefer to push to the NFL general section. And aren't "trash" and "vent" synonyms for "complain".

There is only one Colts team, but shortly a great many people on here will have a self-professed "second favorite team". You may not want to reinforce the concept, but it is happening regardless. The question is where "they" should go to talk about it.

I think it's undeniable, though, that there is going to be a contingent of fans who dog the team at every turn from here on out. I don't speak for anyone else, but creating a separate Peyton forum would just provide a platform for such bickering to take place.

I get where you are coming from, and in no way want to create a division among Colts fans (whether fans of the "old" team or the new team). I guess the solution to that would be to delete that thread after an appropriate amount of time, or just rely on the moderators to monitor the thread closely to see if and how much bashing is going on...

When I used the term "we", I meant it to be Colts fans who do not root against the Colts.

When I used the term "them", I meant to denote the potential hecklers that root against the Colts.

When I used the terms "trash" and "vent",I meant them to denote heckling against or rooting against the Colts. I do not consider them synonymous with "complaining about the Colts".

I have no control, nor do I wish to control, what fans may choose as a second or third or fourth, etc. team for which to root.

However, those other teams are not the Colts, and do not deserve any special recognition on a Colts forum other than that provided for all the other NFL teams in the NFL General section.

I think it's undeniable, though, that there is going to be a contingent of fans who dog the team at every turn from here on out. I don't speak for anyone else, but creating a separate Peyton forum would just provide a platform for such bickering to take place.

If people want to do that they will do it regardless of whether there is a new forum. At least this way many can get it off there chests in a place and manner that others will have an easy time avoiding. In fact the effort to "honor" Peyton in such an obvious fashion may reduce some of the divisiveness. It offsets somewhat the sensation that Peyton was disposed of like a used up rag, or that talking about him makes you less of a Colts fan.

However those desiring confrontation will do so in the place where it will get the most attention, and nothing we are talking about here is going to change that.

When I used the term "we", I meant it to be Colts fans who do not root against the Colts.

When I used the term "them", I meant to denote the potential hecklers that root against the Colts.

When I used the terms "trash" and "vent",I meant them to denote heckling against or rooting against the Colts. I do not consider them synonymous with "complaining about the Colts".

I have no control, nor do I wish to control, what fans may choose as a second or third or fourth, etc. team for which to root.

However, those other teams are not the Colts, and do not deserve any special recognition on a Colts forum other than that provided for all the other NFL teams in the NFL General section.

You are arguing semantics with an English major. It sounds to me as if you have a certain perspective about the Manning situation, centered on the concept that someone who continues to follow Manning is by definition rooting against the Colts. You are wrong, and you can't wave a magic wand and make everyone see it the same way as you. Things are not so black and white, and the entire purpose of a new forum would be to encompass shades of gray. Once again, if you don't want to read it you don't have to. People are going to express their opinions regardless of yours - I'm not clear on why you would prefer that those opinions be expressed in a forum that you frequent, instead of in a forum that you can chose to ignore.

And the mere act of you dismissing the interests and concerns of so many people in this manner only serves to enhance the division that you desire to eliminate.

I can only speak for myself, I plan to follow Peyton's career and continue discussing Peyton, now and throughout the years to come. I would prefer to do it on a site with fellow Colts fans who wish to do the same, without upsetting Colts fans who prefer not to. Just let me know where that is..

If people want to do that they will do it regardless of whether there is a new forum. At least this way many can get it off there chests in a place and manner that others will have an easy time avoiding. In fact the effort to "honor" Peyton in such an obvious fashion may reduce some of the divisiveness. It offsets somewhat the sensation that Peyton was disposed of like a used up rag, or that talking about him makes you less of a Colts fan.

However those desiring confrontation will do so in the place where it will get the most attention, and nothing we are talking about here is going to change that.

I don't think it offsets that sensation as well, as that has nothing to do with the board. I just think that it would make it easier, for now, to keep Manning-related news in the Colts forum, and then whenever he signs elsewhere, start posting the Manning stuff in the NFL forum.

People who want to bicker are going to do so wherever they want, without regard for the forum it's designed for. There's going to be crosstalk between the Colts forum and any other one, with topics like "If we had kept Manning, we'd be..." or whatever, posted in the Colts forum. I don't think there's anything wrong with creating a separate Manning forum, but I don't think it will help us keep Manning topics separate from the Colts forum at all. And that being the case, I think we should just keep it the way it is.

As for the perception that talking about him makes you less of a fan, that's not coming from the board at all. As Frog mentioned, it's people who have decided -- and even announced -- that they are no longer going to be Colts fans because Manning is gone, and are going to look for every opportunity to dog the team if/when things aren't going well. Individuals of that sort aren't going to post their anti-Colts sentiments in a Manning forum; they're going to post in the Colts forum, and it's all going to be tied to the Manning saga.

You are arguing semantics with an English major. It sounds to me as if you have a certain perspective about the Manning situation, centered on the concept that someone who continues to follow Manning is by definition rooting against the Colts. You are wrong, and you can't wave a magic wand and make everyone see it the same way as you. Things are not so black and white, and the entire purpose of a new forum would be to encompass shades of gray. Once again, if you don't want to read it you don't have to. People are going to express their opinions regardless of yours - I'm not clear on why you would prefer that those opinions be expressed in a forum that you frequent, instead of in a forum that you can chose to ignore.

And the mere act of you dismissing the interests and concerns of so many people in this manner only serves to enhance the division that you desire to eliminate.

You are mistaken. I consider anyone who heckles the Colts when they lose, as rooting against the team, and therefore not a fan of the team.

Whether they happen to follow PM or not, it does not matter. If they root against the Colts, they are not a Colts fan.

I don't think I am wrong on this point.

I think providing a venue for potential hecklers of the Colts to congregate and trash, vent or otherwise root against the Colts on a Colts forum is not the best of ideas.

I do not dismiss the interests and concerns of other people. I simply put them on a lower priority than what is in the best long term interests of the Colts. much like what Mr. Irsay had to do in releasing PM.

MAC good post and I can see what your saying and I saw that last night when someone followed the post to keep complaining Don't know that there is a good decision but I for one would like to see all the bickering and fighting stop. I have been a member of the board for a long time now and never see such a fiasco. I think we all knew this would happen but maybe didn't think it would turn out as bad as it has.

I for one still want to follow Peyton's career until he retires and that certainly doesn't make me less of a Colts Fan I was a Colts fan long before Peyton but I like him as a player and an individual. I don't have the NFL package and not sure it's in the budget. haha so I would like to hear anything I can about how he's doing. JMO of course

Bottom line I don't understand how hard it is to skip a thread if it's about Peyton. :sigh:EASY

It sounds to me as if you have a certain perspective about the Manning situation, centered on the concept that someone who continues to follow Manning is by definition rooting against the Colts.

Not speaking for anyone else, but I plan to follow and root for Manning, wherever he may land, and I don't take Frog's comments the way you say. I think he's talking about people who are going to root against the Colts, whether covertly or outwardly, because they are upset that the Colts released Manning. There's been plenty of this already.

I don't fall in this category. I fall in one of the shades of grey, or several of them, as a matter of fact. I wasn't a Colts fan before Manning, but I will continue to be long after he is gone and retired. I hope he comes back in some manner, whether in the front office or as a coach or whatever, after he's done playing. But in the meantime, I'm going to hope for his continued success. I even hope he can win a ring or two in the time he has left on the field. However, I will continue to be a fan of the Colts, and the way they handled the Manning situation (macro, not micro; there's a lot to nitpick with if you really want to) is a big reason why. And I'm someone with no ties to Indy or the region, other than the Colts.

Just my opinion.

Bottom line I don't understand how hard it is to skip a thread if it's about Peyton. :sigh: EASY

There's a level of frustation, for me personally, when people make the same thread over and over and over again. When people say "this thread again?" it's probably about people starting new threads to rehash the same old topic. Nothing you can really do about that, but it's annoying.

That's different from a topic about Manning.

You are mistaken. I consider anyone who heckles the Colts when they lose, as rooting against the team, and therefore not a fan of the team.

Whether they happen to follow PM or not, it does not matter. If they root against the Colts, they are not a Colts fan.

I think providing a venue for potential hecklers of the Colts to congregate and trash, vent or otherwise root against the Colts on a Colts forum is not the best of ideas.

I do not dismiss the interests and concerns of other people. I simply put them on a lower priority than what is in the best long term interests of the Colts. much like what Mr. Irsay had to do in releasing PM.

Well I have just one statement to say is I'm sure we have members that have another team that they root for and maybe against the Colts when we play that team but we have never had a problem with that said person ( or I haven't at least ) so I don't see a problem but maybe I'm just more broad minded than most. haha I have been a Colts fan long before Peyton and will continue to do so but as I said I will continue to follow Peyton's career.

An open forum that anyone may join is a venue for that, so if heckling is the purpose why would they go to a special one that they wouldn't upset anyone with a posting?

There's a level of frustation, for me personally, when people make the same thread over and over and over again. When people say "this thread again?" it's probably about people starting new threads to rehash the same old topic. Nothing you can really do about that, but it's annoying.

That's different from a topic about Manning.

I know what your saying and agree completely and I am getting pretty good at skimming threads. haha

Not speaking for anyone else, but I plan to follow and root for Manning, wherever he may land, and I don't take Frog's comments the way you say. I think he's talking about people who are going to root against the Colts, whether covertly or outwardly, because they are upset that the Colts released Manning. There's been plenty of this already.

I don't fall in this category. I fall in one of the shades of grey, or several of them, as a matter of fact. I wasn't a Colts fan before Manning, but I will continue to be long after he is gone and retired. I hope he comes back in some manner, whether in the front office or as a coach or whatever, after he's done playing. But in the meantime, I'm going to hope for his continued success. I even hope he can win a ring or two in the time he has left on the field. However, I will continue to be a fan of the Colts, and the way they handled the Manning situation (macro, not micro; there's a lot to nitpick with if you really want to) is a big reason why. And I'm someone with no ties to Indy or the region, other than the Colts.

Just my opinion.

OK, so Frog is talking about the people who intend to root against the Colts. That's fine, but then we are talking about apples and oranges. We all know that anyone who wants to raise heck about the Colts is likely to do it in the most obnoxious and confrontational manner possible. They wouldn't use the new forum for that anyway. And fears that a Manning forum would excite such comments make little sense to me. Perhaps you're not understanding that in my mind the primary purpose of the thread is so that - for example - on Sept 21st, 2012 we can have some centralized place to discuss how Peyton played against _______ last week, and how his arm looked, and what the ______ need to do to improve their chances. Or so on May 1st, 2013, we can discuss what LT the ______ might draft because it was an obvious problem last year. It would be nice to have all those threads in one place, rather than mixed in with two years worth of trivia about Randy Moss's attitude, or how the Saints are coping with their penalties from the bounty controversy.

Wishing that the negativity didn't exist is fine and dandy, but it doesn't help. Attempting to blot it out by force will only increase it (this isn't China). My opinion is that creating a special place for Peyton will in fact placate some of those who are feeling hurt. It's not a secret society plotting to take over the team, it's just a place for people to share a common interest and make friends.

OK, so Superman is talking about the people who intend to root against the Colts. That's fine, but then we are talking about apples and oranges. We all know that anyone who wants to raise heck about the Colts is likely to do it in the most obnoxious and confrontation manner possible. Fears that a Manning forum would encourage such comments make little sense to me. Perhaps you aren't getting that in my mind the primary purpose of the thread is so that - for example - Sept 21st, 2012, we can have some centralized place to discuss how Peyton played against _______ last week, and how his arm looked, and what the ______ need to do to improve their chances. Or May 1st, 2013, we can discuss what LT the ______ might draft because it was an obvious problem last year. It would be nice to have all those threads in one place, rather than mixed in with two years worth of trivia about Randy Moss's attitude, or how the Saints are coping with their penalties from the bounty controversy.

You seem to understand what Superman is saying, but you do not understand what I am saying. :sigh:

A Peyton Manning forum would provide the ideal venue for potential hecklers to trash, vent and root against the Colts, especially those that do so because of what they feel was unjust treatment from the Colts to PM. Have we not already seen evidence of this?

If so, why in the world would you want to provide such to such people on any part of a Colts forum?

Would it make sense to form a Johnny Unitas section, right after the Colts traded him to SD (if internet technology permitted)?

Would it make sense to form a Jim Harbaugh section, right after the Colts traded him to Baltimore (if internet technology permitted)?

IMO, I think the appropriate place for such a forum would be with their respective new teams' fan websites.

Wishing that the negativity didn't exist is fine and dandy, but it doesn't help. Attempting to blot it out by force will only increase it (this isn't China). My opinion is that creating a special place for Peyton will in fact placate some of those feeling hurt. It's not a secret society plotting to take over the team, it's just a place for people to share a common interest and make friends.

And the appropriate place to do that would be part of the fan forum of the new team with which Peyton signs.