Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fan Cba Thread (Please Read And Comment Colts Fans)

Nadine

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have lived that since I was born......Mom a teacher..Dad a principal after teaching....no wonder I am rotten.... :sun:

I have lived that since I was born......Mom a teacher..Dad a principal after teaching....no wonder I am rotten.... :sun:

My dog hates skunks and squirrels.....Rut is still welcome.....Bedtime for Que!!!!

If we can have a separate section for high school football (of which a total of 3 people participate), than I see no reason why a clearly posted 'All Things Peyton' section cannot work out for us.

And to bring this conversation back to where it started, I'd suggest that it be a "Former Colts" section instead. That removes the "people refuse to let go of Peyton" stigma from it, emphasizes the "Coltiness" of it so as not to irritate those who don't want a forum named for a player who will shortly be trying to beat the heck out of us, increases the volume of posts and encourages the participation of more members (that could be the place for "Bert Jones had bigger biceps that Jim Harbaugh" arguments as well), warms the cockles of those who are more enamored of Garcon/Brackett/Clark/etc than Peyton and are irritated by his being singled out, and allows the forum to continue to be relevant if the Peyton love ever dies down (because the ONE thing we know for sure is that there will be more "Former Colts" indefinitely into the future).

Your initial comment only emphasizes how silly it is for anyone to be worked up about this in the first place. I had completely forgotten that there was a high school football section on here. Why? Because I long ago clicked the little "-" button next to it and made it go away. If people don't want to read about Peyton, this only makes it EASIER for them to ignore the noise.

IMO ALL Manning threads should now be in NFL General - he is no longer a Colt. I wouldn't mind seeing a special Manning Topics forum created different from NFL General as I am sure it would fill up as quickly as NFL general. Either way I think its time to stop posting about him in the Colts Football Forum.

IMO ALL Manning threads should now be in NFL General - he is no longer a Colt. I wouldn't mind seeing a special Manning Topics forum created different from NFL General as I am sure it would fill up as quickly as NFL general. Either way I think its time to stop posting about him in the Colts Football Forum.

Agreed.

The dust has settled.

That's why if you do it, it is about former Colts stars as opposed to "just" Peyton Manning. Huge difference.

Ex-Colts Round Up or something to that effect. Again, it's a lot more work for the mods, so the best thing to do is to move any ex-Colts thread to the general NFL section so people won't whine and complain about seeing Manning's name or him getting attention.

For anyone that doesn't think he is an NFL legend much less a Colts legend then they do not know anything at all about football and likely stumbled upon this site because they were wanting to buy a pony.

I actually really like that idea, having an ex-Colts player forum. Sounds good to me. I think having a Peyton Manning forum would really just make Colts fans look bad. It would also invite trolling, especially if word gets out to non-Colts fans. I think Manning is a legend and was the greatest Colts player in Indy's history, but I don't know of any team forum has a whole section dedicated to one player(especially one that doesn't play for them anymore), however I have seen an ex-player's section. I also think it would be great for talking about all ex-Colts, since there is alot of them this year.

AGREED

We've got to get some resolution on ground rules on how to post about Peyton

Some fans are ready to put threads about manning in NFL General and Others want such threads in Colts forum

I had thought that in time, when Peyton has a new team......and the Colts have a new qb.we could make the shift but I want to hear what you guys think

It's been suggested to me that since this is a unique situation, maybe we could create a separate forum for Peyton threads all together

I think I could make it appear at the top of the Colts forum, I'm not sure, I'd have to play with it

I want to get a sense of who would like to try this..........or suggestions for what we can try so we can stop having these circular arguments.

Let me know

The way I see it. Irsay flew Manning on his jet and had him attend the news conference of his release. Manning has strong ties to the community whether he's wearing a different uniform or not.

Peyton Manning will always be a Colt. Therefore his threads should stay in the Colt forum. Let the few who want to whine about it, whine.

Anything that puts this issue to rest is good with me. we can't go on like this for years, and if nothing is done, we will. Just earlier today this all started again here >>> http://forums.colts....ng-sweepstakes/

Immeadiatly it turned to fighting about where the thread should be and spiraled downward from jumpstreet.

Personally I like the idea of a separate section for Peyton discussions. It shows the respect of the Colts fanbase. Whats more important is that we put an end to fighting about where his threads go. I feel if we pin a section at the top of the NFL General many people are going to miss it and mods will be moving threads, editing flames from people whom not-so-kindly remind the OP of their mistake.

If we can have a separate section for high school football (of which a total of 3 people participate), than I see no reason why a clearly posted 'All Things Peyton' section cannot work out for us.

Manning is likely announcing his decision tomorrow morning. We should be ready for the onslaught of threads started.

I really think all ex-Colt info should be at the TOP of NFL General...they are no longer Colts even though we may still love them...or.....Jacob Lacey signed with the Lions today. How about a Jacob Lacey forum?

I really think all ex-Colt info should be at the TOP of NFL General...they are no longer Colts even though we may still love them...or.....Jacob Lacey signed with the Lions today. How about a Jacob Lacey forum?

Well, you sorta just compared Lacey to Manning. Extraordinary players deserve extraordinary circumstance. But I have since agreed with what you have just said. I did so above in post #129

My opinion is that there should be a separate Peyton forum...or it could be an ex-Colts forum called something like "Manning and Ex-Colts Talk".

Since the decision has been made and he is offically a Bronco, it is time for the mods to make a decision about this...it is derailing threads left and right...

I think we're leaning toward just leaving things as they are. No new forum.

We have been moving threads

People are beginning to cooperate, which is nice

Set the rules and lock it up Maureen......we will make do. Does that mean Manning in Colts or on the top of General? Remember we are in off season. What happens when the Broncos are 6-3 and we are 1-8? Just thinking ahead......

I think we're leaning toward just leaving things as they are. No new forum.

We have been moving threads

People are beginning to cooperate, which is nice

Oh, no! I'll have to be uncooperative now that you said that... :)

Glad everything has worked out, and at least this thread gave everyone the chance to voice their opinion. I can feel us moving on, already. Not from Peyton, but from the constant drama.

Set the rules and lock it up Maureen......we will make do. Does that mean Manning in Colts or on the top of General? Remember we are in off season. What happens when the Broncos are 6-3 and we are 1-8? Just thinking ahead......

The rules have not been change so it will just be enforcing them

There is some peyton stuff that is still appropriate in the colts section

I expect it will be like that till we have a new qb and we all get involved with figuring out our new team

Why not a "Colts, Past Eras" and include every past colt, unless it relates to the present Colts?

Because I suspect there will be disagreement. The more forums we have, the more disagreement we have

As it is now, most people post things in the Colts section because that's the section they are in

Many people do not follow the rules

As it is now, if they used to be a colt and they are now retired, we can talk about them in the colt section

Ex/currently playing for another team colts should be in NFL general...........but.......getting them there is often an issue for the mods

We've got to get some resolution on ground rules on how to post about Peyton

Some fans are ready to put threads about manning in NFL General and Others want such threads in Colts forum

I had thought that in time, when Peyton has a new team......and the Colts have a new qb.we could make the shift but I want to hear what you guys think

It's been suggested to me that since this is a unique situation, maybe we could create a separate forum for Peyton threads all together

I think I could make it appear at the top of the Colts forum, I'm not sure, I'd have to play with it

I want to get a sense of who would like to try this..........or suggestions for what we can try so we can stop having these circular arguments.

Let me know

I think it is time to stick to Colts football and like it or not PM is nfl in general now. I believe this has gone on long enough and I for one think it is time to move on.

We will for now expect people to post about Peyton and other former colts in NFL general

Side note, please stop posting telling people that their post should not be where it is. If you feel it should be moved, use the report link. Much easier for us to see and it avoids fights between members breaking out over this issue.

Please also stop telling people to leave the board, post somewhere else........and dissecting the extent to which they really are a fan

It's tiresome and we have had just way to much of it

Thanks