Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Make Your Luck

Restored

Now, imagine if Luck wasn't in the draft this year and the top QB was Griffin. What cool puns could you make with his name?

"Despite everyone criticizing every aspect of your game, saying you're not big enough, you're not strong enough, prove them wrong. Fight like a griffin"....sorry, that was bad :corner: ...it sounded way cooler in my head

Now, imagine if Luck wasn't in the draft this year and the top QB was Griffin. What cool puns could you make with his name?

"Despite everyone criticizing every aspect of your game, saying you're not big enough, you're not strong enough, prove them wrong. Fight like a griffin"....sorry, that was bad :corner: ...it sounded way cooler in my head

Family_Guy%20Peter%20and%20The%20Chicken%20Fighting,Blind%20Ambition.gif

I hope his next commercial is for shaving cream.. Honestly, he seems to be taking all the weight on his shoulders in stride.. We shall see..

Easily could see a Gillette sponsorship in his future. They need someone to replace Tiger

I also noted that he has his head on straight.

He doesn't control if he will be picked first or second.

He doesn't know if the fans will see him as a gamble or the future franchise QB

He doesn't know if he will be throwing to veterans or to other rookies.

He will do what he can, and as the ad says, make his own luck.

I hope the Colts don't pass on him.

He has the quiet confidence of a leader.

you should have added..

He was reading a script..

This commercial honestly just sent a shiver down my spine. I am SO excited to draft this guy. Still miss Peyton, but man this sure seems like a pretty darn decent consolation prize. GO COLTS!!

It's a consolation prize that most NFL teams would trade for their several of their first round draft picks.

I think the Broncos and the Dolphins and any other team that wants PM now (assuming he is "healthy"), would want Luck more.

I've only seen Luck in a few games, and I thought he looked 'different' than any other colleague QB in the past few years (only had ESPN for 3 years - so I do not have a large point of reference). When I say 'different', I mean like a real NFL QB, rather than a kid running around mad throwing and leaping all over the place. I'd be really interested to hear what the PRO-LUCK guys like about him, and probably more interested in why the ANTI-LUCK guys don't like or want him here in Indy.

Anyone care to share their views......a genuine question, and hopefully something we can keep civil......

I've only seen Luck in a few games, and I thought he looked 'different' than any other colleague QB in the past few years (only had ESPN for 3 years - so I do not have a large point of reference). When I say 'different', I mean like a real NFL QB, rather than a kid running around mad throwing and leaping all over the place. I'd be really interested to hear what the PRO-LUCK guys like about him, and probably more interested in why the ANTI-LUCK guys don't like or want him here in Indy.

Anyone care to share their views......a genuine question, and hopefully something we can keep civil......

I wonder if he's ready to replace a Hall-of-Famer.....

...The bar is set very high....he cant be Jay Cutler

Actually, I'm not a pro- or anti-Luck guy, neither a pro- or anti-Peyton guy, I' just a fan, supporting the team.

I've seen some video footage on Luck, and I think he has some flaws originating from being a collage-footballer. He has to learn to step up into the pocket fast after the snap, and there are also some concerns about his arm-strength, but i think this latter one would be easily mended in the first training camp. I think after gaining some NFL experience he will show his real values.

But that is only my layman opinion.

I follow Stanford football, and I have seen most of his college games.

He is the real deal. He performed at what I would say is an NFL-level in college for the 2010 and 2011 seasons, in a pro-style offense. He is not the typical raw talent that emerges from the college ranks every year that scouts rave about their "potential" at the NFL-level. I think he is already there at the NFL-ready level, and he has potential for more.

You are correct, that he does not look like a chicken running around without his head in the backfield. He is not that exciting. He is boringly good. He executes so well, that it isn't very exciting. Some detractors have claimed that he lacks adequate arm strength. I don't see that at all. What I see is that he varies his throws to suit the need. In tight coverage, he will throw the leading bullet. If the receiver has his man beat and is open enough, he throws a very "catchable" ball.

From what I have read before PM was cut, most anti-Luck people were anti-Luck because drafting Luck would make PM expendable. IMO, they really aren't anti-Luck as much as they were pro-PM at any cost, which clouded their rationality. If Luck did not exist, these same people, IMO would be anti-RG3 with as much vehemence.

It's a consolation prize that most NFL teams would trade for their several of their first round draft picks.

I think the Broncos and the Dolphins and any other team that wants PM now (assuming he is "healthy"), would want Luck more.

Yeah I agree completely, I was being slightly facetious with that statement. I am really pumped to be able to get this guy (despite being sad to see Peyton leave).

I follow Stanford football, and I have seen most of his college games.

He is the real deal. He performed at what I would say is an NFL-level in college for the 2010 and 2011 seasons, in a pro-style offense. He is not the typical raw talent that emerges from the college ranks every year that scouts rave about their "potential" at the NFL-level. I think he is already there at the NFL-ready level, and he has potential for more.

You are correct, that he does not look like a chicken running around without his head in the backfield. He is not that exciting. He is boringly good. He executes so well, that it isn't very exciting. Some detractors have claimed that he lacks adequate arm strength. I don't see that at all. What I see is that he varies his throws to suit the need. In tight coverage, he will throw the leading bullet. If the receiver has his man beat and is open enough, he throws a very "catchable" ball.

From what I have read before PM was cut, most anti-Luck people were anti-Luck because drafting Luck would make PM expendable. IMO, they really aren't anti-Luck as much as they were pro-PM at any cost, which clouded their rationality. If Luck did not exist, these same people, IMO would be anti-RG3 with as much vehemence.

I completely agree. He really is like in Peyton in the sense that he has very little to "fix". Mr. Fundamental is what comes to mind. His footwork is already pretty solid and will immediately improve come this year. Can't wait.

The Colts won't pass on him, he seems like he is a young Peyton Manning with how he handles himself