• HB
    • WR
    • TE
    • OL
    • DL
    • LB
    • DB
    • ST

Which Colts position group is the best right now?

QB - Best player = Andrew Luck  --  quality backup in Jacoby Brissett - arguably the best QB duo in NFL

HB - Best player = Marlon Mack  --  Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins make good, young, versatile RB committee

WR - Best player = TY Hilton  --  lots of competition behind Hilton

TE - Best player = Eric Ebron  --  solid group with Jack Doyle the swiss-army-knife

OL - Best player = Quenton Nelson  --  good young core with Kelly and Smith

DL - Best player = Jabaal Sheard  --  very deep group with Turay, Lewis, Hunt, Woods, etc.

LB - Best player = Darius Leonard  --  great duo with Anthony Walker wearing the green dot

DB - Best player = Malik Hooker  --  Kenny Moore providing spark for underappreciated group

ST - Best player = Adam Vinatieri  --  Rigo a solid counterpart for the kicking duties

A logical followup question to this survey would be "which position group needs the most improvement in FA and the draft?"

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I picked special teams

You would, with a username like PuntersArePeopleToo...  just kidding!  haha  I do think our ST are probably the most solid group, meaning they are set and don't need to necessarily improve.

This will be Lucks' first real offseason in like three years, and the playoff game in KC showed he still has room for improvement in his game.

Every other position group could use a little competition to improve performance, but the ST just needs to keep doing what they've been doing.  :thmup:  My only concern is if Vinny can keep it up for another full season.  :dunno:

4 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You would, with a username like PuntersArePeopleToo...  just kidding!  haha  I do think our ST are probably the most solid group, meaning they are set and don't need to necessarily improve.

This will be Lucks' first real offseason in like three years, and the playoff game in KC showed he still has room for improvement in his game.

Every other position group could use a little competition to improve performance, but the ST just needs to keep doing what they've been doing.  :thmup:  My only concern is if Vinny can keep it up for another full season.  :dunno:

Haha, I have no clue what you mean :). And ya I agree that is why I decided to go with them. Only one that no upgrade is necessary and provide more on gameday. 

I missed part of the game shoveling. From what I saw he needs to gain a pump fake. Hopefully continues to improve and he always believe he needs to. 

Our fourth down army has been good for so long we kinda take it for granted. The hope is they just keep it going the way they have for years. Hopefully his bad games last year was the groin and a full offseason of healing will fix it and he can go back to being the goat.

• Like 1

I eliminated QB, that’s obviously complete.  

To me, it came down to Oline or TE.  I took Oline because of the TE group has a lot of “if’s”.  If Doyle is healthy, if MAC continues to develop, if Travis can get healthy, etc.

What’s really shown here is that except for QB, we really should take the BPA for just about every draft pick, regardless of position.  

• Like 2

Was just chatting with buds on the topic of FA. The best values in FA are typically S and LB. We have a ton cap space. Solving for those two plus one of the bigger needs (Edge, interior DL, WR, CB) should be doable. Can't wait for the start of FA next week.

On 3/2/2019 at 10:25 PM, Chloe6124 said:

Luck is the obvious but outside of that is the TE group hands down.

With Doyle in questionable health and injury prone, and all the others either injury prone or gone, I disagree.  I would consider picking up a young TE in the draft so we are not caught with only Ebron (or worse imagine if he gets hurt) should Doyle not return to his former self.  TE is our most important position after OL and QB, even more than WR in my opinion.  We STARTED last season with it as our best group, but limped badly into the post season short handed.  I'd love a surprise pick of a stud TE if one fell into our hands.  

On 3/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

QB - Best player = Andrew Luck  --  quality backup in Jacoby Brissett - arguably the best QB duo in NFL

HB - Best player = Marlon Mack  --  Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins make good, young, versatile RB committee

TE - Best player = Eric Ebron  --  solid group with Jack Doyle the swiss-army-knife

DL - Best player = Jabaal Sheard  --  very deep group with Turay, Lewis, Hunt, Woods, etc.

LB - Best player = Darius Leonard  --  great duo with Anthony Walker wearing the green dot

DB - Best player = Malik Hooker  --  Kenny Moore providing spark for underappreciated group

ST - Best player = Adam Vinatieri  --  Rigo a solid counterpart for the kicking duties

A logical followup question to this survey would be "which position group needs the most improvement in FA and the draft?"

I disagree on TE best player I think it is Jack Doyle and he is much more valuable and he doesn't drop nearly as many balls, he's a much better blocker and is much smarter. I know Ebron caught more TD's okay but if it wasn't Ebron it would have been someone else I'm obviously not a fan. 

On 3/2/2019 at 9:32 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

WR, edge rusher, DL to answer your follow-up question.