Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers G.M.

Cynjin

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/21/ben-roethlisberger-has-permission-to-call-out-everyone-including-the-g-m/

From the article:

“Ben is the unquestioned leader of this group,” Colbert told reporters. “Like I said, he’s the elder statesmen and the Super Bowl winner. If our players were smart, they’d listen to him because he’s been there. He’s done it. He can tell them, ‘No guys, what you’re doing is or is not good enough to do this.’ And I honestly believe that that can be a burden on him more often than he may like to admit, because he has to — he’s got 52 kids under him, quite honestly. I want them to step up and say, ‘Hey Ben, what do I have to do? Can I do this better? What do we have to do to win a Super Bowl?’

Wow, according to the Steelers G.M., Ben is the elder statesman and the other players are kids.  I'm sure that will help the locker room in Pittsburgh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, buccolts said:

No wonder that franchise seems so inept lately.

That guy's gotta go, and he can take Big Ben with him.

However, considering my hatred for that franchise, well, I'm sure they can work this out.

Good job, guys!

The Steelers collapsing just makes me smile.

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:46 PM, NorthernBlue said:

Pittsburgh ain't winning more than 8 next year.

I like Ben. He's a beast. But he's treated like royalty there. Relax. Its a football team. As soon as you have one player have that much control, your locker room is boned.

Thank GOD we have Andrew. 

For the GM and the head coach saying it is Ben's team then both of them needs firing.

Ben is suppose to be a leader, not in charge over anyone.

Chuck Noll has to be rolling over in is grave with what has been going on in Pittsburgh.

Brown has the same clown that Terrell Owens had and he's doing the same thing to get out of Pittsburgh. Rip the team, the city, the owners and management THEN if that doesn't work attack the franchise QB. Would we have been surprised if Polian said that Peyton was the leader and has a right to say what he believes is true? No we wouldn't..

1 hour ago, ColtJax said:

Brown has the same clown that Terrell Owens had and he's doing the same thing to get out of Pittsburgh. Rip the team, the city, the owners and management THEN if that doesn't work attack the franchise QB. Would we have been surprised if Polian said that Peyton was the leader and has a right to say what he believes is true? No we wouldn't..

To THIS extent? Yes, I'd be surprised, and disappointed.

That's a step towards the being NBA. Then it should just be a pick up game in someone's back yard.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 9:58 AM, ColtJax said:

No but Peyton was as guarded as he could be regarding teammates in press conferences. Sidelines is a different issue, IMO, that is when you are with your teammates and express things based on game flow etc. That is why Peyton had a problem with the Mora "playoff rant" in public and Vanderjagt's untimely comments in a public interview. He knew the best course of action w.r.t teammates was to address it inside the locker room. That is why the locker room was together and issues were kept inside, even if tensions were there during the Dungy years.

When Peyton said "we had protection problems" after the 2005 playoff loss to the Steelers, he was stating a fact and he was part of the protection problems as well with some failed calls (which was also the reason I felt the Steelers' D had some merit when they questioned how a new QB in Brady could make the right calls almost every time against Dick LeBeau during those "alleged SpyGate affected" 3 SBs in 4 years, because even vets had problems against those).  But then, Peyton never singled out anyone on the OL, to my knowledge, he would never do that in public.

Big Ben could have handled so many things better in public and in post game situations.