Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Weather Forecast for Saturday's Game Does a 360

dw49

How many times have we witnessed our Manning era Colts crumble under similar conditions in the playoffs?  Now we have a team that is better equipped to deal with these conditions and some fans are worried about it affecting both offenses and the quality of the game.  You guys can miss me with all that.  I’m looking for the Colts to take this stage and show the world that this is a new era of Colts football...one where we can play and win in any style necessary.  In these Chiefs...we are playing a virtual replica of our past playoff selves. Colts...Let’s show the world just how far you have come. Pumped for this. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

How many times have we witnessed our Manning era Colts crumble under similar conditions in the playoffs?  Now we have a team that is better equipped to deal with these conditions and some fans are worried about it affecting both offenses and the quality of the game.  You guys can miss me with all that.  I’m looking for the Colts to take this stage and show the world that this is a new era of Colts football...one where we can play and win in any style necessarily.  In these Chiefs...we are playing a virtual replica of our past playoff selves. Colts...Let’s show the world just how far you have come. Pumped for this. 

We haven’t proved we will play well in the snow or cold. It’s just guessing and until they show they can I will be skeptical.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We haven’t proved we will play well in the snow or cold. It’s just guessing and until they show they can I will be skeptical.

Fair enough.  Our players wanted this judging from some of their enthusiastic responses on social media.  I think they are looking forward to the opportunity to convince their doubters. They believe they are prepared for this.  I think this Colts team is cut different from what we are used to.  We will find out soon. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Virtuoso80 said:

looks like the field is clear.  https://www.kansascity.com/news/article224346960.html  image attached of the field.

KCM_ChiefsColts00841-12-19J.jpg

for now.....  hell, it's even heated, so doubt it gets much actual coverage..... but the 2-3 hours it's uncovered for warmups, it COULD get pretty wet.....  any wind could also be a factor added to wet surface, mud, wet balls, etc.....

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Wish we had a big fullback...I dont think KC does either

We have Hewitt, but he would probably be considered more of a receiving-FB than a running-FB.  Decent blocker though.

I can see Wilkins using his vision to have a decent day running the ball.

Just no fumbles!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We have Hewitt, but he would probably be considered more of a receiving-FB than a running-FB.  Decent blocker though.

I can see Wilkins using his vision to have a decent day running the ball.

Just no fumbles!

It's not like they are going to be playing in a foot of snow.

Bob Sacamano told me there probably won't be much, if any accumulated snow on the field when they are playing. 

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Mahomes arm is so strong i don’t think this weather will hurt them at all.

You mean versatile?

Lucks' arm is just as strong, he just doesn't throw all those crazy side-arm, left-handed, and no-look passes.

Either way, the weather affects the passing game for both teams.  There won't be as much snow, but remember the snow-game in Buffalo last year?

Guys calm down. According to the chiefs fans the field is heated and weather won't be an issue.  I guess matter changing states is an anomaly at arrowhead stadium and melting snow acts differently there.  Where normally it goes snow -> water -> water vapor, at arrowhead it must go snow -> butterfly kisses -> chiefs easy victory.  I appeatly should just watch reruns of murder she wrote on the hallmark channel instead.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

Guys calm down. According to the chiefs fans the field is heated and weather won't be an issue.  I guess matter changing states is an anomaly at arrowhead stadium and melting snow acts differently there.  Where normally it goes snow -> water -> water vapor, at arrowhead it must go snow -> butterfly kisses -> chiefs easy victory.  I appeatly should just watch reruns of murder she wrote on the hallmark channel instead.

Doesn't matter if the field is heated

Its going to snow throughout the game, according to the forecast.

That's going to limit what both offenses can do.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Doesn't matter if the field is heated

Its going to snow throughout the game, according to the forecast.

That's going to limit what both offenses can do.

Limits the Chiefs passing game? That'd give the Colts a pretty obvious path to victory- in my opinion. This doesn't bother me so much.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Limits the Chiefs passing game? That'd give the Colts a pretty obvious path to victory- in my opinion. This doesn't bother me so much.

It worries me. It limits our passing game, too..

Both sides can bring 7 or 8 men into the box because nobody's throwing long

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it is that slick I think that does slow Hill down. Probably slows TY down also. This very well may come down to a pound it out short passing game.

I start liking our chances if that’s the case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it is that slick I think that does slow Hill down. Probably slows TY down also. This very well may come down to a pound it out short passing game.

I think you may see a few designed runs by Andrew.  

safest play is a QB run…..and they wont expect it because we haven't don't it all year

Could be a lot of running and sliding:banana:

I also like our placekicker kicker in bad conditions

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Says history.

Football was orginally played in the fall.....Nobody played after the first week of November

I know you know that.

Ok, so the people that invented football in the 1800s told you the game was "never meant to be played in a snowstorm"...

Because it never snowed in November in New Jersey?

Got it.  haha