Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers - Smith

MikeCurtis

The team played well

But, I take my hat off to two players

Smith had his best game of the year and kept a future HOF player, Watt at his peak in check (TWO total tackles)

He didnt require any help, and blocked one on one, but he did an awesome job. 

He is CLEARLY MUCH better than he was mid season. We may have a pro bowl RT in the making.

The second player that shined is Geathers.  He did a fantastic job IMHO. His best game this year

He had 9 tackles from the SS position

Please just STAY HEALTHY !

Last point

We have possibly the best QB in the NFL.  

The prior front office should do jail time for not putting a proper O line in front of this guy sooner

but......

Does anyone else feel like he comes off a bit goofy in his interviews? (Which is A-OK)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

The team played well

Smith had his best game of the year and kept a future HOF player, Watt at his peak in check (TWO total tackles)

He is CLEARLY MUCH better than he was mid season. We may have a pro bowl RT in the making.

The second player that shined is Geathers.  He did a fantastic job IMHO. His best game this year

Last point

The prior front office should do jail time for not putting a proper O line in front of this guy sooner

but......

Does anyone else feel like he comes off a bit goofy in his interviews? (Which is A-OK)

Agreed, both players played lights out today!

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

The team played well

Last point

but......

Lol he does and that why I love Luck. Cause I'm all actuality he's probably the smartest guy by far on the team. He's an engineer who graduated from Stanford with an very high gpa. Fricken love the nerd ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

Peyton was pretty goofy as well. I think it’s funny to see. He always has a smile.

Peyton had a much more serious approach with the media. He was clearly in control of the dialog

He could cut it up, but he looked more practiced and prepared for interviews

Again....... I dont care...... give me one of the top 2-3 QBs in the league...... he can dance in a clown suit for all I care.........   Its just an observation (Funny to me I guess)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Agreed. And the best part is... he’s not even a true RT but a Guard! Ballard hit some home runs in the last draft, I hope he can do the same thing again. As long as he doesn’t get overly cute or a big head, he may again

Do you really think Smith could run block (road grade) against the best in the NFL and pull or chase down linebackers at the second level as well as he plays RT?
Take a look at the best guards and their physical attributes. Then checkout Glow.
Name the other 6'6" 315lb guards that are doing that please. This isn't college ball.  No, that size IS a true NFL RT.   
Kelley, with his perfect guard size 6'4" 311 (a technician & road grader) and with his very good mobility, is good all around for a reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I agree with you.
Smith is a TRUE RT playing his position very well as a Rookie. 

How much did we all want this position fixed! Yeehaa!

Geathers gets a lot of grief here. 
He fits this D very well. He does have speed and can tackle well.
 Ballard will always look for his skill set at safety.

Maybe he moves to the Texans or Tenn. next year, as i bet they would love to grab a Colts Team Captain and playmaker.

3 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

The team played well

Last point

but......

Yes to all.  I was a big Smith fan from auburn days and thought on tape he looked very close to Q.  If he doesn't make some all star teams next year, I'd be disappointed. 

I think Andrew's goofyness is sort of part of his charm.  Comes across as a very likeable guy. 

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Peyton had a much more serious approach with the media. He was clearly in control of the dialog

He could cut it up, but he looked more practiced and prepared for interviews

Again....... I dont care...... give me one of the top 2-3 QBs in the league...... he can dance in a clown suit for all I care.........   Its just an observation (Funny to me I guess)

Mike, most of us (media/fans/world) made that observation of Luck about 9 years ago, buddy.

:thmup:

I think Braden Smith is underrated because everybody focuses on Nelson and the utter domination that he shows, which is fair enough since Nelson is already the best Guard in the league in his first year and deserves the credit.

But Smith has just been a quiet achiever and has done his job really well, especially since he's been moved into Tackle. 

Another top pick from CB.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Do you really think Smith could run block (road grade) against the best in the NFL and pull or chase down linebackers at the second level as well as he plays RT?
Take a look at the best guards and their physical attributes. Then checkout Glow.
Name the other 6'6" 315lb guards that are doing that please. This isn't college ball.  No, that size IS a true NFL RT.   
Kelley, with his perfect guard size 6'4" 311 (a technician & road grader) and with his very good mobility, is good all around for a reason. 

What I meant is he was drafted and intened to play as a guard. Now I think he’s proven he’s very good at RT and should be left there. 

I agree, B. Smith is flying under the radar a little because Q. Nelson is getting his well deserved recognition.  RT has been a sore spot for years and now it is in good hands.  Don't want to put words in anybody mouth, but I think it was mentioned he is HOF, it was more a figure of speech, meaning he is doing a great job and is somewhat of a unsung reason our O-line is vastly improved.  I made this comment during the regular season, although B. Smith was drafted as an OG, at 6-6 315 lbs, he size is more naturally suited for OT.  He did play a little RT at Auburn on highlight video I seen on him, but as this finishing his rookie year at RT, imagine the 2nd year jump/improving he will have, starting training camp as our starting RT.

Geathers also did well, defense shutdown the Texans to 7 points, take that anytime. I seen him make some key stops and pass defense, and one key stop of a breakaway play that if he did not make that tackle, that good gain by the Texans would been a long gain or TD.

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

Agreed. And the best part is... he’s not even a true RT but a Guard! Ballard hit some home runs in the last draft, I hope he can do the same thing again. As long as he doesn’t get overly cute or a big head, he may again

Has he given you indications that he is capable or apt of "get overly cute or a big head"?

4 hours ago, Caffrey said:

I agree, B. Smith is flying under the radar a little because Q. Nelson is getting his well deserved recognition.  RT has been a sore spot for years and now it is in good hands.  Don't want to put words in anybody mouth, but I think it was mentioned he is HOF, it was more a figure of speech, meaning he is doing a great job and is somewhat of a unsung reason our O-line is vastly improved.  I made this comment during the regular season, although B. Smith was drafted as an OG, at 6-6 315 lbs, he size is more naturally suited for OT.  He did play a little RT at Auburn on highlight video I seen on him, but as this finishing his rookie year at RT, imagine the 2nd year jump/improving he will have, starting training camp as our starting RT.

Geathers also did well, defense shutdown the Texans to 7 points, take that anytime. I seen him make some key stops and pass defense, and one key stop of a breakaway play that if he did not make that tackle, that good gain by the Texans would been a long gain or TD.

The comment was that Smith held his own against a future HOF'er in JJ Watt, not that Smith is already being measured for a gold jacket of his own (at least not yet -- give it time).

When the season started, many of us were under the impression that a true "stud" RT would have to wait at least until next year's draft or FA, and that Smith would just be Slauson's backup this year.