Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brees on Luck

Detectacon

Other than the Colts, the Saints followed by the Chargers are the teams that Colts fans will rally around if the Colts do not go all the way, IMO.  Drew Brees is a big part of that support from the Hoosier state, doesn't hurt to be a Boiler either :) 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Other than the Colts, the Saints followed by the Chargers are the teams that Colts fans will rally around if the Colts do not go all the way, IMO.  Drew Brees is a big part of that support from the Hoosier state, doesn't hurt to be a Boiler either :) 

Why the Chargers?  I can see the reason for the Saints, as you mentioned.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, I don't see them rallying around the Chargers.  The Saints, yes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The old man Rivers "sympathy" factor that some folks have here. :) 

I always root against Rivers.  I still resent him for Colts losses to the Chargers from a decade ago.

But I do have a grudging respect for him.  I love his "GOL-LY".  He actually seems like a great person.

And I will root for him and the Chargers if they play against the Patriots.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The old man Rivers "sympathy" factor that some folks have here. :) 

Thinking about it some, maybe I do feel bad, slightly, for Rivers.  Wasn't he in the same QB class as Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger? How many Super Bowl trophy's for Eli?  How many for Ben? Then, how many for Phillip?

Also, the Pats have been a thorn in his side, like he was to the Colts.

Maybe there is some (slight) support for him to finally 'get one', if the Colts should lose at some point.  If Colts can't get the Lombardi, how interesting would a Brees / Rivers face off be?

If we get knocked out, as long as the Pats, Ravens, Texans, Seahawks, or Eagles do not win it all I am ok with anyone else. Pats for obvious reasons, Ravens for obvious reasons, Texans are a Division rival, Seahawks because their fanbase thinks Wilson is better than Luck and a win would give him 2 Rings, Eagles because I do not want to see them Repeat. Glad the Steelers missed the Playoffs so that is already a bonus :thmup:. I will be pulling for the Saints, Chiefs, and Chargers if we get knocked out. 

17 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Yeah, I'll never forget that playoff loss to the Chargers here in Indy.  :angry:

He was jawing with the fans as he left the field when he got hurt.  Seemed like a classless :censored:.

That was on my birthday too...  :flaming:

In that particular game, I felt like Peyton, even when he had the chances to close it out (like 4 attempts from 1st and goal, down 24-28), could not find the open guy. I remember someone doing film review showing Gonzo open but Peyton not looking his way. Even on that SB pick six, Collie was there at the first down sticks with the defender behind him (probably a LB) as opposed to Wayne with the defender at his hip pocket, and Peyton chose to go to Wayne who was more tightly covered. 

The loss was more on the Colts as a team (on offense and defense vs Volek) than the Chargers winning it, IMO. 

55 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The only way I’ll pull for the Chargers is if it’s them or New England.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'd argue that Rivers was on the most talented team in the NFL for a few years back when he had LT, Gates, a legit OLine, top-tier STs, and a really good defense.

Yes, I would agree with that. Rivers has issues with teams that bring the kitchen sink and blitz heavily in the playoffs. Rex Ryan style teams like the former 2009/2010 Jets,  current Ravens are his achilles heel. That is why I feel the Ravens will beat the Chargers. 

Teams that sit back and do not blitz, like the Dungy era Colts was ideal for him. He might give up sacks but won't turn it over against such teams easily.  

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'd argue that Rivers was on the most talented team in the NFL for a few years back when he had LT, Gates, a legit OLine, top-tier STs, and a really good defense.

I agree, IMO that was the best team during the decade of 2000-2009 not to win a SB, their 2006, 2007, and 2009 teams were Very Good. They also had Darren Sproles.