Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rams Trade 2nd Overall Pick to 'Skins [Merge]

Peyton and Eli fan

The Redskins are just so stupid. Why trade your future and this years draft for one player. I would have a tough time doing that for Andrew Luck if I'm another GM. The Redskins are desperate and now becaues of Snyder, they have no real prospects coming in.

Dont the redskins have a TON of cap room? I see them going FA heavy now that they will have hardly any good picks in upcoming drafts

But Fletcher, and Landry are free agents and will ask for the big bucks. Plus they have a ton of needs and must sign RG3 now, who even with the new CBA will get a good amount of money.

The Redskins are just so stupid. Why trade your future and this years draft for one player. I would have a tough time doing that for Andrew Luck if I'm another GM. The Redskins are desperate and now becaues of Snyder, they have no real prospects coming in.

We are just as dumb as them letting our veterans go. And they were really good!

That is pretty good. He'll look good in Redskins jersey.

But 3 first rounders?!?!

Agreed.....it's insane to give away 3 - 1st round picks, and a 2 and rounder. Free agency, and looking at some dominant division 3 athletes, will help them recover. Who is there GM again? Bruce who? Oh yea the genius that created a QB competition between Rex Grossman & John Beck.....

Quote from my sis-in-law: 2 mentally challenged people are arguing over who won a race...why? when it's over, both of you are still special people.....nobody wins...lol

We are just as dumb as them letting our veterans go. And they were really good!

We're rebuilding and so are they. No rebuilding team gets rid of 3 first rounders and a 2nd round pick for a QB. We have all our picks now and in the future and we've got our QB. We're not stupid for getting rid of players who are either injured or pretty useless. Notice how all the players (except Bullitt) have heirs that will take over their jobs and have done it before and done well. Angerer for Brackett, Brown for Addai, Tamme for Clark. Im not worried about the releases today.

I didnt even think of that, with how much the skins are going to suck, there is a good chance they will be first overall picks, top 5 at worst.

Who knows, maybe they make the playoffs this year. I mean, Bradford is a good QB. They already have Jackson, and if their O-line is healthy, they're pretty good (it was bad last year because their 3 best O-lineman were injured for most of the year). They have a good up-and-coming D with Laurinaitis and Long. They need to fix that secondary though.

Thats pretty much what the Chicago Bears did a few years back when the acquired Jay Cutler from the Broncos, they're still waiting for the payback.......

3 article review & 3rd has 2 VIDEOS reports

Rams did trade when realized they couldn't get Manning

SI -Redskins trade 2012, 2013, and 2014 first rounders & their 2012 2nd round pick to the Rams for # 2 pick this year ( 2012 )

the Redskins sent three first round picks and a second rounder to the Rams for t....

With this pick, Washington reportedly intents to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The trade was first reported by Jay Glazer of FOX Sports. The trade involves sending the Redskins 2012, 2013, and 2014 first rounders to the Rams. Washington also sends St. Louis their second round pick this year.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/3/9/2859158/redskins-swing-mega-tr...

-----------------------------------------------------

Redskins have a deal in place to acquire the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft from the St. Louis Rams. Washington will give up its first- and second-round selections this year, plus first-round picks in 2013 and 2014 in the trade, which can't be completed until the new league year begins Tuesday.

( that is it can be agreed to know between teams but not announced & made official till the new NFL year Tuesday March 13th )

FOXsports.com and ESPN.com first reported details of the deal Friday night. A person confirmed the trade to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither team has announced it.

The deal shifts the Redskins up four places from sixth in the April draft, leapfrogging any other team that would have an interest in the Heisman Trophy winner from Baylor. The Indianapolis Colts are expected to take Andrew Luck with the No. 1 pick.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/03/09/rams.redskins.trade.ap/index.html#?xid=si_nfl

2 VIDEOS

Redskins acquire second overall pick in deal with Rams

Washington submitted what turned out to be the winning bid Thursday,

when it became clear that free-agent quarterback

Peyton Manning

was looking elsewhere

, league sources told La Canfora.

http://www.nfl.com/d...1_breaking_news

So basically we could have gotten 4 firsts and a second or 3 firsts and 3 seconds. This just adds to what we're going to expect Andrew to be able to accomplish. we probably could have set Manning up with 2-4 pro bowl calibre players in his twilight and still grabbed the best qb of the '14 class annd have a solid team for him to come in to.

Let me help you guys out here...

It's an admittedly high-risk move but it's one that the Skins were going to have to make sooner than later. It's not very often that a QB prospect with Griffin's skillset comes along, so as long as you think his head's in the right place and you're in position to make that move then overpaying for that talent is understandable. Hopefully it pays off... but the draft is always a bit of a crapshoot.

It is fallacious to place this one on Snyder, though. Snyder voluntarily abandoned control of the direction of the franchise when he hired Shanahan and Bruce Allen. These days he's more of a fan and check-signer than he is a Jerry Jones level meddler. I'm sure he's a fan of the move, of course, but the #2 pick is in DC because Shanahan loves RGIII (and probably Luck as well).

Dont the redskins have a TON of cap room? I see them going FA heavy now that they will have hardly any good picks in upcoming drafts

We have about $40 million in cap space after re-signing most of our key free agents.

But Fletcher, and Landry are free agents and will ask for the big bucks. Plus they have a ton of needs and must sign RG3 now, who even with the new CBA will get a good amount of money.

Landry is not coming back. He has completely botched his injury situation by refusing to get his achilles fixed under the knife and is unlikely to be healthy anytime soon. It could be several years before he's 100% IF he ever gets to 100% with the way he's handled himself. To boot, outside of the 9 games where he played lights out in 2010 he's been a serious underachiever with some deep flaws in his game. There were even reports that he attempted to hide a hand surgery from the team. No thanks.

Fletcher will not likely stay in DC if he comes with a huge pricetag. Everyone here loves him but he's 37 years old and can't be counted upon in the long term. Hopefully he'll stay and accept a reasonable contract that reflects his immense value to the team but also takes into account that the end is near.

We're rebuilding and so are they. No rebuilding team gets rid of 3 first rounders and a 2nd round pick for a QB.

The situations are not the same. The Colts have only just begun their rebuild and were fortunate enough to be so bad without Peyton that they were in position to draft his replacement in year one. The Skins, however, are in year three of their rebuild and have never finished poorly enough to get a worthy QB prospect. Their roster has already been completely gutted and stocked with young talent at key positions. It's by no means a finished product... but neither were the Lions when they took Stafford or you guys back in 1998.

Its going to be an uphill battle for RG3, the skins offense is a joke and now they wont be able to draft anyone to help him out. Unless shanahan has another lucky draft like in 06, this team wont allow rg3 to succeed.

The Skins offense was decimated by injury and plagued by Rex Grossman last season so it's unfortunately tough to tell what they've really got. We do know that they've got some talented RBs and TEs, though. The offensive line has shown flashes of being pretty good (Jammal Brown aside) when guys aren't being carted off the field and they've stocked up on young WRs the past few years, so if one or two of them develops into something then things aren't all that bad.

...and the Washington tradition of overpaying for hype continues unabated.

No arguing that. lol.gif

Hopefully RGIII proves not to be all hype.