Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why don’t all teams build stadiums that are designed to be loud/give their home team an advantage?

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Because teams don’t design stadiums, and stadiums aren’t designed for teams. They are designed for a multitude of events. Monster Jams, Motocross, concerts, marching band competitions... Stadiums are built with noise suppressing technology to lure these events to town, and fans to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

Because teams don’t design stadiums, and stadiums aren’t designed for teams. They are designed for a multitude of events. Monster Jams, Motocross, concerts, marching band competitions... Stadiums are built with noise suppressing technology to lure these events to town, and fans to them.

True enough. I think I was reading that Lucas was booked for over 300 days a year with some sort of something going on.

3 hours ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Seems kind of odd, right? 

Were at a disadvantage in a way playing at Lucas Oil now rather than the RCA Dome, or for example up in Seattle their stadium is designed well too

Thoughts?

you have to have a fan base first for the stadium to actually be loud to begin with. Lucas oil could be just as loud as the RCA but most of our so called fans abandon the team due to them not get what they wanted in free agency, draft, etc otherwise everyone of our games would be like a playoff atmosphere

17 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

you have to have a fan base first for the stadium to actually be loud to begin with. Lucas oil could be just as loud as the RCA but most of our so called fans abandon the team due to them not get what they wanted in free agency, draft, etc otherwise everyone of our games would be like a playoff atmosphere

Well tickets are also too much freaking money! I'd love to go more but I cant put myself in the poor house just to get decent seats for a game and who wants to go to a game and be in the nosebleeds you cant see anything and have no idea what's going on. I went to the Houston game this year and it cost me 300 bucks for 3 seats and we were in the middle of the section just before the top section. That's ridiculously overpriced IMO if I'm in a section like that at a pacer game it costs me 20 bucks but the colts costs me 4 times that!?!?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I do think LOS can be loud.   

I've heard it pretty loud in there.  

BUT, I do not think it could possibly ever be as loud as the Hoosier Dome.  

Stadiums in general are just way too big nowadays. Many have an open/airy museum/trade show type vibe (indoor ones). Sound doesn't get trapped as well as the old type domes (New Orleans/RCA/St.Louis). 

LOS gets loud though if it's needed depending on game situation. It's a big place though, sound just evaporates inside.

12 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Makes sense lol

Stadiums are designed to make money. Period.

And upper decks are further away from the field because of all the suites that take up levels now ($$$$$), making stadiums bigger. Unless you build them with all the suites stacked on one side, like in Detroit, Chicago and San Francisco. 

11 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Well tickets are also too much freaking money! I'd love to go more but I cant put myself in the poor house just to get decent seats for a game and who wants to go to a game and be in the nosebleeds you cant see anything and have no idea what's going on. I went to the Houston game this year and it cost me 300 bucks for 3 seats and we were in the middle of the section just before the top section. That's ridiculously overpriced IMO if I'm in a section like that at a pacer game it costs me 20 bucks but the colts costs me 4 times that!?!?

Why go to the game when you have the comfort of your home.

16 hours ago, AllYouNeedIsLuck said:

Seems kind of odd, right? 

Were at a disadvantage in a way playing at Lucas Oil now rather than the RCA Dome, or for example up in Seattle their stadium is designed well too

Thoughts?

Hmm does it really though? People say the Razor is rather quiet but yet the Patriots are all but unbeatable at home.. why no one outside of Pats Fans want see them with HFA threwout the playoffs. Unlike say a noisy stadium like KC has where I think they said they lost 5 of the last 6 home playoff games?? So loudness doesn’t equal dominance for the home team.

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

Loved the RCA Dome. That was the most fun I ever had in a stadium. Especially at the top where we could be in the duck work lol

Yes, the upper deck in the RCA dome was a party all in itself. Sometimes there was more action up there than out on the field. haha

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes, the upper deck in the RCA dome was a party all in itself. Sometimes there was more action up there than out on the field. haha

Oh yeah! It was a blast up there. Miss those days. It's just a completely different vibe at the LOS than the Dome. I think it's coming around but way to much yuppie crap verse rooting for your team and having a blast

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

Several things...

1) Do you go to the games?

2) "So called" fans - comical

3) Most of the so called fans did not abandon the team.  That is certified bovine excrement.

4) The RCA dome was most certainly louder.  The footprint of the stadium was smaller.  The fans were more on top of the field.  The roof was not as high as at LOS.  All of that means the dome was a louder experience.

I assign your post a whole bunch of fail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Why go to the game when you have the comfort of your home.

This

Atmosphere is literally the only reason I can think of.  

Went to a college game once several years ago.  Atmosphere was great, really kind of pumps you up.  But man most of the time you can't tell what's going on unless you watch the replay on the jumbotron which is basically the same as watching it on TV.

I was in marching band on high school and played in the RCA Dome 3 times. I played a 40 pound bass drum strapped to my chest. 

It was the worst place I ever played hands down. I could barely hear my own drum as I hit it. It was impossible to hear much of anything in there down on the field because of the way the air circulated and the echoes created. It was always State Finals when we played in there, and I absolutely hated that all of our hard work and perfecting our show from June to late October came down to a crapshoot in that bundling where we were just trying to hold on and get through it as best we could. 

Years ago with Elway at QB they were playing I think the 49ers or the Chiefs and the ball was deep near one endzone. The officials threatened the crowd they would take away a timeout if the crowd did not quiet down! I will try to google this and add it.  It won't copy - go to youtube "elway hates noise"