Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Ebron was an amazing signing by Ballard

RockThatBlue

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Since they're synonyms...

YOUr.gif

Nope.  Can't let you change the context of the thread just to back peddle.  But you're welcome to give up and leave.

In the context of the thread.  OP said...

Ballard killed it with that one.

I say meh,  it wouldn't be rare to see a lot of different tall fast guys do well in this offense, even our own backups. 

Which, of course, doesn't say it wasn't a good signing.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i liked this pick up form day 1.  hes used like a wr from the TE spot

they dont even ask him to block do they?

Well, how did you like his blocking in game 1. It was lazy, crappy, he got a couple holding penalties, and his ___ on the bench. With some lost snaps the next couple games.

Now i also  missed his line play in the Raiders game.

I posted his Mic'd video twice last week for FANS to watch. If you can find time as a FAN it would answer your question.  Enjoy

https://www.colts.com/video/sounds-of-the-game-with-eric-ebron-jack-doyle-is-my-guy

I feel like we should’ve utilized him the second half jags came into the game trying to force luck to pass and it worked but downside for them was they couldn’t defend our TE we’d should have used a lot more PA since they wanted to crowd the line 

4 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Targeted 3 times in the first half--scores 3 TD. In the second half, not targeted at all. I know we didn't have the ball much in the second half, but surely he could have been utilized a bit more.

he had an undisclosed injury 

On 11/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, DougDew said:

Here is a complex question that might seem simple.

Would Ebron have as many targets and good stats if we had a real #2 WR?

Actually, it's a hypothetical question that can only be answered by an opinion at this point.  Maybe if we had a real #2 he would be MORE open more of the time.  And maybe be targeted just as much.  We can only guess.

It seems like you try way too hard to be witty and contrary.   We can argue whether Ebron is amazing or the signing was amazing but what's the point? 

The bottom line is Ballard found a guy that was underperforming and signed him, Reich is putting him is favorable situations, Luck is delivering the ball, and Ebron is performing.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gspdx said:

Actually, it's a hypothetical question that can only be answered by an opinion at this point.  Maybe if we had a real #2 he would be MORE open more of the time.  And maybe be targeted just as much.  We can only guess.

It seems like you try way too hard to be witty and contrary.   We can argue whether Ebron is amazing or the signing was amazing but what's the point? 

The bottom line is Ballard found a guy that was underperforming and signed him, Reich is putting him is favorable situations, Luck is delivering the ball, and Ebron is performing.  

We're still talking about this?  Amazing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:42 PM, DougDew said:

What are you talking about?  Big receivers who score 11 tds in 9 games from the TE position?  Is that the narrow criteria you're using? 

I said tall fast guys who can be schemed open and are mismatches compared to the defender.  Yes, its not that rare.

I'm sure both Swoope and Cox would have better numbers if they were in the game more during the same scripted plays.  But they aren't as talented, so Ebron gets the start.

Exactly how much football do you still not understand after over 20,000 posts on this forum?

"But they aren't as talented, so Ebron gets the start." From your own post you contradict yourself.  He is more talented ergo "Amazing, great signing etc." :scoregood: