Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hooker and Turbin Return to Practice

RollerColt

Trying to understand our D’s success vs failure & its a no brainer that Hooker makes a Darious Leonard type impact.  The one game w/o Darious vs the Pats, we had no playmaker at the line of scrimmage & vs the Raiders had no playmaker in the secondary.  Both games had this D vulnerable & quite Saints like giving up tons of yds & points!  

Turbin on the other hand will be lucky to get 5 carries because Mr Mack, Hines & Wilkens are quickly becoming a REAL THREAT to NFL defenses thanks to the OL revolution.  Each back is bringing their own specialty & with a rotation their able to give 100% on every play.  

Back to Hooker, early on wasn’t impressed with eye test but after Oakland game it’s clear he makes this Secondary click, even on a recovering knee.

Imagine a D of Hooker, Leonard, Tyq Lewis at full strength w/ Turray coming off the edge?  Tampa Bucs, Ravens or 85 Bears D?  Prob not but imagine 1/2 those D’s with THIS Andrew Luck/Frank Reich led O & you got the Dynasty we been hoping for since 1998!

A KC juggernaut type team led by Andrew Luck & Frank Reich that will give the NFL nightmares for yrs to come.  

#inballardwetrust

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coltsfeva said:

Turbin has looked good at times. If there is a situation where they need a power back (1st and goal at the 1), I like Turbin’s chances. He is an asset (if healthy). 

That's what everyone keeps saying but he hasn't looked good in those short yardage and goal line situations if you ask me.

What? I'm not sure what's up with all this Turbin hate.

I get that he fumbled when he came back, but he has been money before that. Goal line situations were always where he shined, so I'm guessing he'll get used there. He was pretty decent at catching passes out of the backfield as well. Plus, his blocking is excellent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1