Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Tsarquise

On 9/16/2018 at 7:27 PM, Tsarquise said:

I guess he is going for the touchdown record this year. Lol. What a great start! 4 TD's, and 400 yards in back to back games. 

Ah huh, Fitz is on fire right now no question.

"The chest hair is mine. that's it." No matter how many times I hear Ryan say that, I break out laughing man. The dude is funny & Ivy League graduates aren't known for that usually. 

Kiss your starting gig in Tampa goodbye Jameis Winston.

4 hours ago, GoPats said:

That was written BEFORE it happened again, with the Jets. 

Touche, but somehow this time feels different just for this season alone.

Yeah I know, expectations can change everything, but Tampa has sucked since 2002, they need respectability as an organization again. It's time.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:01 PM, Tsarquise said:

Wow, that's amazing! Mahomes is off to probably the best start off any QB in the NFL. 

Yep. Peyton threw 16 TDs in 4 games in 2013 before he threw his first INT in the fifth game vs the Cowboys after his first TD, I think, we will see how Mahomes does the next game. He threw 9 TDs his first 2 games.

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep. Peyton threw 16 TDs in 4 games in 2013 before he threw his first INT in the fifth game vs the Cowboys after his first TD, I think, we will see how Mahomes does the next game. He threw 9 TDs his first 2 games.

10 TD’s for Mahomes so far in 2 games.

Drew Brees in 2009 and Peyton Manning in 2013 each threw 9 TD’s in their first 2 games.

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

10 TD’s for Mahomes so far in 2 games.

Drew Brees in 2009 and Peyton Manning in 2013 each threw 9 TD’s in their first 2 games.

Yep. Folks were talking if he could break Peyton's 55 TD record, we will have to find out.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I haven't followed the Bucs that closely.  What's the matter with Winston?

Did something specifically bad happen to him like an injury, or did the Tampa coaches and GMs think just hasn't lived up to his hype coming out of college?

He is suspended

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

He is suspended

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Groping an uber driver

Yup, which shows, drafting an immature kid can be problematic, even years later when you feel he may be past that stage.  This incident supposedly occurred in March of 2016.  2 seasons he played, and now in 2018 has to serve suspension time for it.

Bad timing as Bucs were at a crossroads whether to extend him or move on just before this reared it’s ugly head.  I personally feel this has cemented the Bucs resolve to just move on after this year.

Winston is now being sued, and those WRs have made it clear that they would walk through fire for their new QB even Desean Jackson whose dedication has been questioned over the years. Kotter was on the hot seat too. I don't know how they bench Fitz unless it becomes a social issue (and it could). Him sucking later is a myth too. He was on a bunch of bad teams. If anything he overachieved by winning a couple games first. 

41 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Winston is now being sued, and those WRs have made it clear that they would walk through fire for their new QB even Desean Jackson whose dedication has been questioned over the years. Kotter was on the hot seat too. I don't know how they bench Fitz unless it becomes a social issue (and it could). Him sucking later is a myth too. He was on a bunch of bad teams. If anything he overachieved by winning a couple games first. 

if he keeps playing anywhere close to this,  no way they can bench him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

fitzpatrick is playing better now than winston ever has. i dont think there will be any controversy 

They will most definitely ride the hot hand in Fitz. It would only be controversial if Winston was an elite NFL QB, which he is clearly not.   

When someone like Pat Mahomes has 2 very good games (out of his first 3) , we assume he'll be an outstanding player because he's young and has no NFL history of being mediocre..

He 'can only get better' with experience

When some like Ryan Fitzpatrick has two very good games, we assume he's still mediocre because he's old and he has a decade of  NFL history of being mediocre.

He cant possibly have gotten better with experience.

Taking the 2 individuals in this example out of the picture..why do we think that way?

On 9/19/2018 at 4:49 PM, GoPats said:

We've seen this from Fitzpatrick before, though. Usually he starts well with new teams and eventually he becomes Ryan Fitzpatrick again at some point. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/ryan-fitzpatrick-contract-2014-11

That was written BEFORE it happened again, with the Jets. 

This had me crying lmao lol just so true..

Capture.JPG

It's amazing that they are debating whether or not Tamps should start Winston.

Fitz is doing great.   Even in the loss last night, he had a decent game.  Completed 60% for over 400 yards.  

You are stupid if you bench a QB with a 124.8 rating for the season.  

image.png.fa7589154994a22f0cdadf3db20d52aa.png

image.png

• Like 1