Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat is a FA again...

csmopar

He’s been doing work for the WWE.  I wouldn’t be shocked to see him end up there.  One of the NFL TV shows of ESPN would be smart to snag him up though.

48 minutes ago, TDewar1987 said:

Well Bob Lamey just retired... Pat McAfee for the Voice of the Colts? I'd mute the TV and tune in to the radio on gameday lol

I doubt it.  Pat is more silly or a commentator.  He’s not really a play-by-play guy.

10 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:

Well Bob Lamey just retired... Pat McAfee for the Voice of the Colts? I'd mute the TV and tune in to the radio on gameday lol

Sorry, I just don't see Patty Mac taking over for Bob.  Pat couldn't get through a game without getting thrown off the air for his language.   haha

11 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Well that didn't last long. I'll equate Pat's time at Barstool to when Tom Haverford and Jean-Ralphio started their own entertainment company on 'Parks and Rec'.

giphy.gif

Heroes. One of the main reasons I support the colts is because of that show. 

The Colts don't put up with much at all concerning their radio/PA/etc. people.  Chick McGee tells a famous story when he used to work for the Colts after they first came to Indy.  Chick was one of the PA announcers and a ref made a questionable call.  Chick did not say anything but cleared his throat, making that uh hum sound after the call.  After that moment Chick no longer worked for the Colts.  I would love to have been there to see the response from the ref......

I just don’t find Pat funny. Colts fans love him, and laughed at all of his jokes, just to be polite. Pat honestly thought he had what it takes to be a comedian. Granted, I have high standards for comedians. Rodney Dangerfield and John Candy were funny. Pat doesn’t have 0.01 percent of the talent of those guys

• Like 2

Pat has a natural comedic sense and is a great story teller.  I can't remember where I saw the interview but Tom Griswold recently was asked about the most talented person/comedian (cant remember the wording) and he said within minutes of Pats first time int he studio he knew he had "it".  He is a natural behind the mich....  

I thought the same thing when he wanted to pursue comedy.  A lot of his draw was the NFL stories he told and hearing behind the scenes stuff.  Once he was no longer hanging out in an NFL locker room every day he lost a lot of his audience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I just don’t find Pat funny. Colts fans love him, and laughed at all of his jokes, just to be polite. Pat honestly thought he had what it takes to be a comedian. Granted, I have high standards for comedians. Rodney Dangerfield and John Candy were funny. Pat doesn’t have 0.01 percent of the talent of those guys

John candy was a terrible stand up.   He was a great comedic actor.   Pat isn't a good stand up.   He is a great story teller

3 hours ago, midwest said:

The Colts don't put up with much at all concerning their radio/PA/etc. people.  Chick McGee tells a famous story when he used to work for the Colts after they first came to Indy.  Chick was one of the PA announcers and a ref made a questionable call.  Chick did not say anything but cleared his throat, making that uh hum sound after the call.  After that moment Chick no longer worked for the Colts.  I would love to have been there to see the response from the ref......

I was at that game.  The camera was fixed on a couple who was kissing, and Chick simply did what everybody else was thinking.  Opened the mic and cleared his throat.  Letting the couple know they were on camera.

He also did a great job as the PA man the entire game.  His firing was a way over the top reaction.  

Edit:  oops, misread your post.  I thought he got fired over clearing his throat over a couple getting caught kissing on screen.  Not a questionable call.  Maybe he got fired for that one and not the kissing episode. 

4 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Yea but Candy and Dangerfield’s coffin-corner kicks were pretty terrible.

23 hours ago, DougDew said:

I was at that game.  The camera was fixed on a couple who was kissing, and Chick simply did what everybody else was thinking.  Opened the mic and cleared his throat.  Letting the couple know they were on camera.

He also did a great job as the PA man the entire game.  His firing was a way over the top reaction.  

Edit:  oops, misread your post.  I thought he got fired over clearing his throat over a couple getting caught kissing on screen.  Not a questionable call.  Maybe he got fired for that one and not the kissing episode. 

You could be right now that you say it.  I have heard him tell the story on his podcast and on air.  I remember it was the through clearing that lead to his firing, could have been the couple kissing not the ref. Either way, shows they don't have much of a sense of humor and Pat could not operate under those rules......