Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hines Was A Definite Miss.....

Shadow_Creek

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t know why you think I’m the one who doesn’t understand the difference?

I just explained it to you.   You chose to ignore it.     So I’ll try again.    In football terms,  speed  is one direction — forward.    Quickness is all directions.  Left, right, forward and back.

The fact the some sprinters are great for 40 yards, but can’t maintain it for 100 yards is NOT the difference between being quick and fast.   That’s a complete lack of understanding.

As is the notion that you have multiple friends who ran in multiple Olympics, who, according to you, were “maybe 4.5 guys.”    Im sorry,  but whether you believe it or not,  it’s 100 percent false.   Not even a little bit true.   

So at this point you and I are going to have to agree to disagree.   We see this differently.

Good luck to you....

I think that besides football quickness being in all directions, it is also defined as being a player's first step quickness, which is obviously a lot shorter than 40 yards. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000438263/article/football-speed-developing-firststep-quickness

• Thanks 1

At the beginning of tonight's game broadcast, Rick Venturi was talking about players who needed to step up tonight. At the same time the camera was showing different guys during pregame warmups and when they had a closeup of Hines, it looked like a punt bounced off his chest and hit the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully it was a decent little confidence booster for him and he can continue to improve throughout the season, no dropsies!!  I thought he looked better than Wilkins.  I do feel that Mack will be very effective with this team since he's far and away the most dynamic back on the team.