Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Punishment Should Be Imposed On Teams That Participated In 'bountygate?'

Tony Sullivan

What punishment do you expect to be doled out to the Saints, Redskins, Bills or any other teams involved in putting bounties on players? loss of draftpicks? Monetary fine?

I think it's fair to assume that it willbe more than just Williams who faces consequences from these programs.

If steroids in baseball was intercepted by the government ...I don't see why these hits can't be considered criminl behavior. Not saying it should, but I can see it happening...AND that is why there possibly could be no punishment because I am sure goodell doesn't want his leauge tarnished.

Fines for the team, and coaches/GM's/players involved.

Suspensions for the coaches and players involved.

Each team should lose the #1 draft pick.

Gregg Williams should be banned from coaching football at any level. (impossible to do), but he should be banned from the NFL.

Sounds about right...

I'd hit the Saints organization with a 1 million dollar fine, Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton with 500k each and a 1-year suspension, and I'd strip the Saints of this year's 2nd rd pick and next year's 1st rd pick.

Individual players get hit with 50k fines each if they took so much as a nickel.

Gregg Williams gets a 1 million dollar fine and a lifetime ban from the NFL for leaving a trail of this crap literally everywhere he's coached.

For me:

Saints: Organization 500k fine loss of 2nd and 3rd round draft pick this yr and next years 1st round pick. Payton fined a 1.25 million, Williams: TBD at end post

Skins: Loss 2nd/3rd and 4th round draft pick fined 250k as an organization

Bills: loss 2nd and 3rd round pick fined 100k as an organization

Titans: lose 1st round pick fined 50k as an organization

Others:

Fisher: fined 250k

Williams: fined 2 years salary PLUS banned from the NFL for minimum 2 yrs.

ALL ACTIVE players involved should be fined the MAX under the CBA and suspended at least 2 games without pay.

I truly only see the Saints getting hammered and the skins getting a small fine. But I love this as it keep this foolish behavior happening again,

The Saints should be forced to lose 62-7 to the Colts...

Seriously, though, I think that Williams should be removed from the league and the Saints should be hit with fines and draft picks. I don't see any consequences for any other team that Williams coached; it's too far in the past to do anything about it now and most of the participating players are no longer even in the league. It wouldn't be fair to the current roster and front office of those teams.

Think it'll be first rounders like in SpyGate?

Wouldn't surprise me. The only one who really had anything to do with Spygate was BB and a few of his people. Kraft didn't know, GM didn't know, players weren't involved. Just about everyone in the Saints organization is in on this one, though.

The Saints should be forced to lose 62-7 to the Colts...

Seriously, though, I think that Williams should be removed from the league and the Saints should be hit with fines and draft picks. I don't see any consequences for any other team that Williams coached; it's too far in the past to do anything about it now and most of the participating players are no longer even in the league. It wouldn't be fair to the current roster and front office of those teams.

If none of his previous GMs or team officials knew about it... I tend to agree with you.

If they did know then I think a 250k fine and a 1st round pick is appropriate.

I wanna know how this crap isn't criminal. This is their employment. It just so happens they televise their job. If anyone of us would do this at work we would be fired and probably serve jail time. Players that were injured should sue and press charges on those individuals. I'll be highly disappointed if the NFL don't perma ban any player that took a dime. Totally disgusting and inexcusable.

Fine DC Gregg Williams $10,000. New Orleans Saints franchise $1,000,000.

If they repeat this infraction again, these respective teams will lose their #1 draft pick.

This bounty payout behavior must stop immediately.

10k to a DC would be like fining you for 10 dollars for something.

Sounds about right...

I'd hit the Saints organization with a 1 million dollar fine, Mickey Loomis and Sean Payton with 500k each and a 1-year suspension, and I'd strip the Saints of this year's 2nd rd pick and next year's 1st rd pick.

Individual players get hit with 50k fines each if they took so much as a nickel.

Gregg Williams gets a 1 million dollar fine and a lifetime ban from the NFL for leaving a trail of this crap literally everywhere he's coached.

I think you also have to fine the guys that put into the fund as well.

I thought the ultimate punishment would be to take away their franchise tag but its too late for that now. They do not have a 2012 1st round pick so I'm guessing maybe they lose next years?

Fine DC Gregg Williams $10,000. New Orleans Saints franchise $1,000,000.

If they repeat this infraction again, these respective teams will lose their #1 draft pick.

This bounty payout behavior must stop immediately.

10k? That's a slap on the wrist.

I say fines to the Bills and Redskins because it did happen a while ago but they still did it.

As for the Saints, they should lose their 2nd round pick, and be fined 150,000$.

Williams should be suspended for 2 games and be fined 250,000$.

The best discipline is tough discipline.

I say fines to the Bills and Redskins because it did happen a while ago but they still did it.

As for the Saints, they should lose their 2nd round pick, and be fined 150,000$.

Williams should be suspended for 2 games and be fined 250,000$.

The best discipline is tough discipline.

I still don't think that harsh enough. In addition to their loss of a second rounder this year, they should lose next years first rounder. Williams should be fined $500,000+ and be suspended the entire season. And the Saints should be fined $1,000,000.

EDIT: In addition any player involved should be suspended for 2 games and Payton and the GM should be fined.

Gregg Williams - 2 year ban from football

Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis - suspended 4 games without pay

Players that particiated - suspended 2 games without pay

Saints organization - fine $1 mil. dollars, lose 2012 2nd round pick, and 2013 1st and 2nd round picks

I think that would be a good starting point.

It will be hard to suspend them. With 22-27 involved, who is supposed to cover for them?

Maybe the practice squad and backups? And the former saints DC will get suspended definitely...Im so glad we didnt hire him as a coach. Atleast they caught it before he would start a bounty with the Rams

The Saints will be disbanded.

The Redskins will be forcibly moved to Los Angeles so that the NFL can finally have a team there as they so desperately want.

The Bills will be forced to stay in Buffalo FOR------EV--------ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR..........

P.S. You need to have seen The Sandlot for the last one to be funny.

P.S.S. Before anybody feels the need to explain to me why this will never happen, I'm joking.

P.S.S.S. Even if you did see The Sandlot and still don't think that's funny, shut up.

Williams should be gone period.

I'd say you suspend Payton for a year for knowing about it and not doing anything.

The GM needs to go for two years because the owner told him to stop and he did it anyways.

The Saints should lose all picks in this draft plus next years number one since they already traded this years number one.

The players who did it should be gone for a year.

The team should be fined triple what ever the largest current team fine is in the history of the league.

With that said I don't believe for a second the NFL is going to be that harsh on the Saints.

I also thought about this if you can prove who was on bounty lists maybe you make the Saints or other teams that had bounties pay those teams who had a player on their list a certain amount of money for each player that was targeted. There is no way on earth you are going to make them give other teams draft picks or make the Saints give up their Super Bowl but cash I could see. I don't think it's very likely and I would agree it's my attempt to think outside the box.

"Bounty Hunting"?! Compare a bounty hunting hit to a non-bounty hunting hit! Keep in mind those guys actually playing the game beat out millions who are home watching. When you are of the mindset to earn a starting position in the NFL you are the type of athlete capable of stopping another man in his tracks. If the hit causes injury so be it, get another to replace him. If you have ever run at full speed then instantly be stopped in your tracks you will know what "bounty hunters" do and HOW they make their money.

This latest media hype is nothing more. What does $1,000-$1,500 per hit on a cetain player matter to an NFL player making X-millions? This whole story is crapolla. To make the team you will hit harder than all others in camp and only then will you earn the respsect of your teammates. This "concern" had to stem from pee-wee league football mother. For those of you old enough to remember the great Bubba Smith, then you will recall the crowd chanting " Kill Bubba, Kill"!