Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags Release Allen Hurns

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Doubtful...CB has stated he is not wanting to pay these guys top dollar.  Hurns can expect some team to offer nearly $8-10mil/year based on these other guys.

I bet we reach out. We are desperate for WR.

How crazy are the jags for picking Moncrief and Lee over Robinson and Hurns

There's the other shoe dropping. Unless Hurns requested his release, I assume he's not happy with this development. Had he been a FA a couple weeks ago, he probably gets paid.

I liked Hurns, but he did not look like the same player last season. Injuries seem to have sapped a lot of his athleticism. If he was still the same guy he has been, I don't think a team trying to win a Super Bowl is cutting him.

I would stay away and let some other team pay him on past performance.

19 minutes ago, w87r said:

I don't see Hurns getting anything over $5m. Would be surprised.

Good news is, if we did bring him in, he wouldn't hurt the Comp pick situation.

That's probably what I would give him for one season to see if he can get fully healthy. He has been hurt the past two seasons and hasn't looked at all like the same player. 

5 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Plus he was cut so it does not count against comp picks. I absolutely would be in favor of getting him.

Yep...he has been a target of mine ever since they went out and signed Moncrief.....they don't have room for him. Fair trade in my estimate...both young and Hurns more accomplished.....both hurt quite a bit last year. This is one of those guys I think Ballard needs to really go after. No compensatory pick compensation.....few play makers at WR....hard to tell what Ballard is doing but we have to add some WRs at some point....I think he should be a target...and then look for some under valued gems in FA and the draft!

The offense is seriously lacking playmakers right now. Might be the best one we see on the market for awhile. Let's help TY and Andrew...then focus on the big uglies in the draft!

23 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

That's probably what I would give him for one season to see if he can get fully healthy. He has been hurt the past two seasons and hasn't looked at all like the same player. 

Yep hamstring and ankle. I could see another 2 year deal with incentives like Ebron...so we have an option for next year. One thing to remember...he did come back after injury and play well against NE. 6 catches 80 yds not bad. Just look at all his targets through his career. Imagine if he had a qb that could get him the ball. His numbers could have been insane! If we get the healthy Hurns...Luck could have a nice second option to TY! He has been a guy I've been waiting to get cut for awhile with Jacksonvilles WR gluttony.

If I'm Andrew Luck....this is one guy I'm beating the table for to get me some help. Ebron should add and extra dimension to the offense but Hurns is one of the few difference makers out there at WR left. Sure there might be other cut after the draft but I want someone in here to work through all our off season plans.

21 minutes ago, CR91 said:

We just signed Ryan grant so I doubt we go after hurns

Why not? 

Grant make exactly 3 WRs with any experience on this team. 
There is no depth; there is a serious lack of talent. Why wouldn't the Colts deem it critical to sign another WR? Chester Rogers has proven to be no better than a #3 or 4. Sign Hurns and draft a WR early, and things go from a weakness to a strength. 

I'd like to add Hurns. With him, TY, Grant, and Rodgers I think that would allow us to take a wr later in the draft and bring them along. If we don't add a starter quality player on the outside opposite TY....we would be looking at probably one of those twos at a wr. I'd rather wait til next year to invest high in a WR if possible with one of those 3 early picks.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I knew he'd dealt with some injuries but man, he can't seem to stay off the injury report.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/allen-hurns-player-injuries

I can see some teams paying slightly big for him but I doubt it'll be Ballard.

Thanks for the info and it is something to consider, but the majority of those listings were from 2015 when Hurns had over 1000 yds receiving. ...Only on the injury report twice in 2017.

2 hours ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Why he has sucked the last two seasons.

He hasn't exactly had Peyton Manning throwing him the ball down there. Look how many targets he has gotten down there. A ton of those are with him open but Blake just can't deliver. Injuries definitely hampered him this year and part of last but the kid when healthy is every bit as athletic and a play maker that Robinson was.