Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm surprised at this...

I know it's early, however why haven't there been any rumors/info/speculation of the Colts being interested in any O-line Free Agents? I haven't seen anything.

Truthfully, I could care less about Dion Lewis, Vinny Curry, Seffarrian-Jenkins? Seriously? these 3 guys are very underwhelming to start and should not be a priority in FA, IMO. I wouldn't give ASF money to wash my car, much less as a TE. He sucks and shouldn't even be considered.

I'm hoping the Colts swoop in, in the next couple days and go hard after some O-line guys that actually are GOOD

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I know it's early, however why haven't there been any rumors/info/speculation of the Colts being interested in any O-line Free Agents? I haven't seen anything.

Truthfully, I could care less about Dion Lewis, Vinny Curry, Seffarrian-Jenkins? Seriously? these 3 guys are very underwhelming to start and should not be a priority in FA, IMO. I wouldn't give ASF money to wash my car, much less as a TE. He sucks and shouldn't even be considered.

I'm hoping the Colts swoop in, in the next couple days and go hard after some O-line guys that actually are GOOD

It literally JUST STARTED a little bit ago, give it time.

And there it is.

I don't expect the Colts to sign Norwell or Robinson. The only "big name" guy I expect the Colts to sign is Hitchens, and that's fine. There's going to be a bidding war for all of those high level guys.

I also don't think we'll hear much until Wednesday, when actual free agency starts. Colts like to play things close to their chest, so we'll hear about the signings after they're done.

2 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

I think the OL is where Ballard's reasonable FA philosophy has to go out the window.  Can't afford to not get the line immediate help.

That doesnt mean it has to be Norwell.  But he does need to be pretty aggressive in bringing guys in.

Yep...he missed the boat on OL FAs last offseason. There's no telling if any of those guys would have signed, but the Colts weren't even in on them.

To have Brian Schwenke as your big FA move when taking over a team that has notoriously had bad OL talent is...interesting. Let's hope that approach changes dramatically.

I get Ballard's philosophy of building through the draft, I like it..... but we don't really have the luxury of blowing 3 or 4 years building everything from the ground up do we?  figure there would need to be a FEW bridge FA's that are playmakers....  otherwise, what use is 70+ million in cap space

11 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Yep...he missed the boat on OL FAs last offseason. There's no telling if any of those guys would have signed, but the Colts weren't even in on them.

To have Brian Schwenke as your big FA move when taking over a team that has notoriously had bad OL talent is...interesting. Let's hope that approach changes dramatically.

Colts were in on a couple O-Line last year. Zeitler, IIRC, was the one Colts were after but signed elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Yes like Norwell.

1 hour ago, Indeee said:

Lewis is a very good player as for the other two they are depth at best.

57 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I get Ballard's philosophy of building through the draft, I like it..... but we don't really have the luxury of blowing 3 or 4 years building everything from the ground up do we?  figure there would need to be a FEW bridge FA's that are playmakers....  otherwise, what use is 70+ million in cap space

I could not agree more finally a very good post. No, we don't have the time your right. Because Grigson drafts were so horrendous now we have to be active in free agency to make up for 2013 and 2014 drafts if that's even possible.   

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

I don't know why people think Ballard isn't going to supplement through free agency. He obviously will, and he's said as much. He also showed a willingness to do just this during free agency last year.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't know why people think Ballard isn't going to supplement through free agency. He obviously will, and he's said as much. He also showed a willingness to do just this during free agency last year.

I don't doubt he will, I just would be mystified if he didn't, as some suggest he won't.

7 hours ago, bananabucket said:

. the OL is where Ballard's reasonable FA philosophy has to go out the window. ..

THIS

we need to fix our OL this year in draft and FA.

some say we should trade down and get Nelson if we do that we may not get him. I think we need a big name FA G and draft Nelson

9 minutes ago, reidaj1812 said:

THIS

we need to fix our OL this year in draft and FA.

some say we should trade down and get Nelson if we do that we may not get him. I think we need a big name FA G and draft Nelson

Well as you know we're a finalist for Norwell.  He's going for the big Guy.  Let's hope Norwell wants to return to the midwest.  Please pay the man what he wants.  

One would think THIS off season it would be clear to every Colt fan, that we kind of got burned on the "agreed in principle.....gonna sign" kind of thing.....and once you burn a GM who is by nature a guy who plays it close to the vest anyway......we may not know some of these guys have signed until they are playing into their third year of their contract lol

To say that Ballard hasn't done this or done that is being misinformed.

We never know what is going on behind closed doors with agents. Just because we haven't heard anything does not mean nothing is going on.

Ballard said before this even started he was not going to over pay for free agents.

We do not need so called big name stars to improve this roster to get wins. All we need are players who will do the job they are paid to do.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:37 PM, richard pallo said:

Well as you know we're a finalist for Norwell.  He's going for the big Guy.  Let's hope Norwell wants to return to the midwest.  Please pay the man what he wants.  

well so much for that haha