Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which trade down/scenario would you prefer?

Which trade down/draft scenario would you prefer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. If you were the Colts GM, which trade down and draft scenario would you take?

• Indy gets 5th overall, 2nd and 4th round picks from Denver, and selects DE Bradley Chubb
    • Indy gets 6th overall, both 2nd round picks from NYJ, and selects Minkah Fitzpatrick
    • Indy gets 11th overall, 2019 1st round pick, and WR Jarvis Landry from Miami, selects OG Quenton Nelson

Option 1 would be safe. Extra draft capital and still get our stud DE.

Option 2 wouldn't be a bad choice. Fitzpatrick would give us a beast CB to pair with Wilson, Hairston, Hooker, and Geathers to give us an insane young secondary. Add to it 2 additional 2nd round picks, which would be great in a draft with some good talent that will fall to the 2nd.

Option 3 would be a no-go for me. I wasn't a fan of going after him as a FA due to the contract he'd want as a slot WR and I definitely wouldn't want to give up draft capital to get him AND pay him top dollar.

12 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The problem with option 3 is, at this point n time, I think Nelson will be gone before the 11th pick. 

Honestly I don't see any of them being as that realistic.  Chubb lasting to 5, Fitzpatrick lasting to 6 or Nelson lasting to 11.

There would have to be a serious run on QB's at the top end of the draft for that to happen.  

48 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Honestly I don't see any of them being as that realistic.  Chubb lasting to 5, Fitzpatrick lasting to 6 or Nelson lasting to 11.

There would have to be a serious run on QB's at the top end of the draft for that to happen.  

Mine actually could happen.

#1 isn't happening, unless Elway really wants Barkly or Chubb.  I think he is all in on Cousins, and Paxton Lynch to back him up.  Trevor Siemian and Brock Osweiler will be out.  He may draft another QB to to compete with Paxton down the road (besides Chad Kelly), as the QB class is deep.  A good one can be had in later rounds, and I hope Ballard gets one of those too.

You know whats going to happen? The same thing that happened 2009 Draft (GB pk 26 - Clay Matthews, Colts pk 27 Donald Brown) . Because everyone wants to believe that Nelson will be there at 11, lets say Colts go with your idea and trade to get the 11th pick, Once the 10th pick comes around, Quenton Nelson will be picked up and the entire board will be PMSing. So I guess 31 other teams dont believe or know who Q.Nelson is, Only the Colts...

I remember the 2009 Draft like it was yesterday. The Colts needed pass rush and was banking on getting Clay at the time, here comes GB selecting the player you coveted 1 pick ahead. It happens all the time. IF you see a player you really like, Dont bet on that he'll be there later on. 31 other teams have scouts too. 

I'd like 2 picking Chubb in a perfect world. I doubt he goes at 4 (assuming Cle takes QB+Barkley) and Den has no need for Chubb. If not, 3 is a really, really, really good offer but I don't think Nelson makes it that far. But I'd be over that trade even if we're stuck with a guy like Raqoun Smith or Tremaine Edmunds/Denzel Curry.

2 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Are you not an advocate for drafting Chubb in round 1? To get him and an extra 2nd and 4th round pick would be ideal.

I'm not convinced Chubb will be there at #5. Presumably, Denver would come up to #3 for a QB, but who knows what the Browns do at #4, or whether they have that pick for sale at that point. If Denver is coming up for a QB, that would mean they didn't sign Cousins, which might mean Cousins is in Cleveland. 

#1 is definitely the best option. It seems risky right now, though. We'll see what happens in free agency.

#1 is the best option.  I would hate to do #3 because now you have a WR that wants to much money and is basically a one year rental unless you give him a 3yr/45mil deal ( a HUGE no thank you).  I love Nelson but he looks like a guy that would be gone by #11.  I see Chicago or 49'ers grabbing him.

#3 is my least favorite.

I voted for #2 but I'm not as high on Minkah as some, at least not as high as I was before I really started doing (amateur) research. I just like getting those two 2nd rounders. #1 would be fine too if Chubb made it to #5, and really I flip flopped quite a bit choosing between that and #2.

17 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm not convinced Chubb will be there at #5. Presumably, Denver would come up to #3 for a QB, but who knows what the Browns do at #4, or whether they have that pick for sale at that point. If Denver is coming up for a QB, that would mean they didn't sign Cousins, which might mean Cousins is in Cleveland. 

#1 is definitely the best option. It seems risky right now, though. We'll see what happens in free agency.

Who would take Chubb? Tampa Bay is the biggest threat and they pick at 7. Browns are going to pick Fitzpatrick at 4. Denver will pick a QB.

I think there is a near ZERO chance that Nelson will be available at 11.

If Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper can go in the top-10, then Nelson can and will.    

Nelson is being compared to Hall of Fame caliber players.   And since this is NOT a great draft, the chances of him still being on the board at 11 are incredibly small.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think there is a near ZERO chance that Nelson will be available at 11.

If Chance Warmack and Jonathan Cooper can go in the top-10, then Nelson can and will.    

Nelson is being compared to Hall of Fame caliber players.   And since this is NOT a great draft, the chances of him still being on the board at 11 are incredibly small.

I am with you Nelson goes top 10 I think TB takes him at 7 if he doesn't go before then. Edmunds is my pick at 11. I was looking at Hurst before the heart issues 

From Me me Mayock, as reported at NFL.com ...

Mayock doesn't completely close the conversation for the Giants at a QB vs. Barkley, though.

His darkhorse for the Giants' pick at No. 2?

Notre Dame OG Quenton Nelson.

"I think Barkley and Quenton Nelson are the two best players in this draft," Mayock said.”

I did not vote for any of the options. 

With Barkley gone, I would trade down to #6 woth jets and also get their 2 2nd rd. picks......Then I would trade down to #11 woth dolphins and also get their 2nd, 3rd, plus a player( Landry or Drake).

Then at #11 i would Draft LB Roaquan Smith.

So by trading down 8 spots we wind up with R. Smith, Landry or Drake, 3 2nd's plus our own, and 1 3rd plus our own.