Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wr In Free Agency?

SubZero

It looks like Wayne and Garcon will hit the free agent market so which WR would you want and which one would be reasonable to get.

Vincent Jackson

Wes Welker

Dwayne Bowe

DeSean Jackson

Marques Colston

Stevie Johnson

Mike Wallace

Mario Manningham

Laurent Robinson

Id want Johnson, Colston, or Wallace. Thoughts?

Can't see the Pats letting Welkuh go. Same with Wallace. Apparently Bills say they are close to re-signing Johnson. Bowe looks to be franchised by the Chefs. I think the Cowboys really need to sign Robinson, but you never know.

Desean is a...something that rhymes with boosh. And you'll probably have to pay him a bunch. Same with Manningham.

Colston is reportedly looking for $7 mil a year, which is the same amount Garcon turned down. So there's an option.

If Reggie doesn't come back, I wouldn't mind seeing a good possesion receiver like Mannington or Johnson come to Indy. All the big name receivers would be too expensive and I think those 2 could come at a reasonable price.

of that list, i see Colston as the most likely. He wants the same kind of contract that we offered to Garcon and he turned down...and he's better than Garcon, in my opinion. Besides, several of the Saints best players are free agents and they will have to dole out big contracts and only have one franchise tag...so likely leaves Colston as the odd man out if someone is let go.

of that list, i see Colston as the most likely. He wants the same kind of contract that we offered to Garcon and he turned down...and he's better than Garcon, in my opinion. Besides, several of the Saints best players are free agents and they will have to dole out big contracts and only have one franchise tag...so likely leaves Colston as the odd man out if someone is let go.

Yeah thats what i find the most resonable. And the saints have to take care of Drew Brees, Carl Nicks, Tracy Porter, Abrayo Franklin, and Robert Meachem.

Hey we can always bring in smaller time free agents. Ones that won't hurt us in the cap.

Josh Morgan

Devin Aromashadu

Greg Camarillo

Donnie Avery

Bryant Johnson

Anthony Gonzalex

If Pierre wants too much money you could probably bring in these kinds of guys for 1/4 the cost, and get close to similar production, as long as they play well off their counterparts.

There's always Hines Ward if we want a smiling veteran. There's also Randy Moss if we're desperate for a deep threat (who claims he can run a 4.3-40)

Hah yeah I heard that about Moss lol!!! Maybe he should've just invited himself to the combine, or ran outside Lucas Oil Stadium in the parking lot.

If Reggie doesn't come back, I wouldn't mind seeing a good possesion receiver like Mannington or Johnson come to Indy. All the big name receivers would be too expensive and I think those 2 could come at a reasonable price.

u mean Mario Manningham, correct ?

he's a # 3 reciver with potential still not realized save forb the best catch he ever made in super bowl

supposedl;y is entertaining notion of going to bucs

N.Y. Giants' Mario Manningham looks at Tampa Bay Buccaneers for bigger role

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/professional/mario-manningham-seems-ready-to-say-good-by-to-giants

OK. For those of you and there are many, listen carefully....., Wayne is GONE, Garcon is GONE, Manning isGONE. Stop hanging on to a pipe dream, remove the lollipop from your mouths and prepare for the future. You are not going to hang on to the players roster from 2006. Get a life!!

Ahhh....plus, technically, the keyboard did it ;)

And also I like the idea of Stephen Hill in the draft too.

Exactly, I can't control these digits of wonder attached to my incredibly attractive hands.

And yes, after watching Hill at the combine, then looking at some of his stuff on youtube, I like the guy. Can't say Im 'educated' about him, but I like what I've seen. He seems extremely fluid.

Also, to respond to a poster above, I do not think Stephen Hill is attainable. With that size and measurables, he will be rocketing up draft boards, and we would have to spend our second rounder to get him. Considering how raw he is, I think that would be a reach - this year's draft class is loaded with nice DT, and if we are moving to a 3-4 we need a big NT. Mike Mayock says he has nearly 10 DT with first round grades, I would much prefer to land one of those guys as opposed to using 34 overall on a WR.

Colsten would be a nice pickup, but probably not a realistic one. I think he will sign with someone else if the leaves the Saints. I also like the idea of Robert Meachem, we should get him for a reasonable price.

I said in another WR thread that Colsten really scares me because he has had microfracture surgery on both his knees already and he is only 28. He is also constantly missing games with more minor injuries. That being said, he is a good player, I just think his injury risk is too much. Of course that depends on how long the contract is and how much guaranteed $ is in it.

I do really like the idea of Meachem...he has a lot of potential as a #2 WR that can't be realized as much in NO because of the way they spread the ball and formations around.

OK. For those of you and there are many, listen carefully....., Wayne is GONE, Garcon is GONE, Manning isGONE. Stop hanging on to a pipe dream, remove the lollipop from your mouths and prepare for the future. You are not going to hang on to the players roster from 2006. Get a life!!

Actually, all three are still here. Re-post this in the future and you'll have a better chance of being correct.

Ah ain't takin' the pop out till ah gits to the tootsie roll!

Thank you very much.

Can't see the Pats letting Welkuh go. Same with Wallace. Apparently Bills say they are close to re-signing Johnson. Bowe looks to be franchised by the Chefs. I think the Cowboys really need to sign Robinson, but you never know.

Desean is a...something that rhymes with boosh. And you'll probably have to pay him a bunch. Same with Manningham.

Colston is reportedly looking for $7 mil a year, which is the same amount Garcon turned down. So there's an option.

I agree, if colston is looking for what garcon turned down, the colts could bring him in. I dont see Manningham leaving the NFC east, to be honest with the redskins being front runners to sign manning if manning is released, and wayne being a package deal so that manning has a familiar reciever to throw to like its being talked about, i think snyder will throw money out to grab manningham also. shannahan isnt going to deal with losing and he will make sure the skins bring in the offensive players this off season especially with the bundle of star WR's this year i wont be surprised to see a Manning/Wayne/Manningham offense next year to go with their defense could be a big threat in the NFC.

Marques Colston as a #1 (plays slot, plays outside, great red zone target), Laurent Robinson as a #2 (if Garcon leaves, runs good routes with good hands but not as physical as Garcon in the run blocking).

Marques Colston, with his versatility, would be my #1 choice.

Now that I think about it, I don't know how the Saints can keep Breesus, Colston, Nicks, and Meachum, when they're already pretty close to the cap.

Maybe we could get a FA WR. I'd probably rather bring in some FA Dlinemen though to help with the defensive transition.

Does anyone know what kind of contract we'd have to dish out to get Redding from Bmore?