Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Vote For Manning To Stay

Luck for President

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will the results be delivered to irsay on a purple velvet pillow? :)

i don't care if you are jim irsay, bill polian, ryan grigson, mayor ballard, or some random homeless guy, i don't think anyone wants to see peyton gone.

still i wouldn't sign on to any poll or petition, because it's up to irsay & manning

This is the jist of the situation.... and it is not a common one. But in the end there really is only ONE alternative;

Andrew Luck never stared Elway in the face, or Stauback, or Bradshaw, or ..........Montana already had Young on the roster...

It's just a very unique situarion....

The day that Irsay or anybody else in the front office starts making decisions based on Internet fan polls is the day that I become extremely worried about the future of this team.

You probably need to HOPE BB can hit on a few more draft picks...... than he has lately...

Gronk, Hern, Mayo...... and ..... ???

will the results be delivered to irsay on a purple velvet pillow? :)

i don't care if you are jim irsay, bill polian, ryan grigson, mayor ballard, or some random homeless guy, i don't think anyone wants to see peyton gone.

still i wouldn't sign on to any poll or petition, because it's up to irsay & manning

The chips fall where they may. I just hope all the other Colts fans are as pumped as I am for the coming season. The draft is going to be serious fun to watch. The changes to the defense should be a real treat. Seriously, how could a change to our defense be anything but positive? Nowhere to go but up from where it's been.

I guess I am just shocked at the number of people who won't let go of the past ...

You mean 2010? We're not in 1990 reminiscing about Unitas and the glory days. If Manning can play at his level of a year ago, then Irsay should keep him a Colt for the remaining 3yrs of his contract. Manning on the on the other hand, should be greatful with the cash earned last season and be willing to renegotiate the dollar portion of his contract. I expect nothing less from these 2 professionals, regardless of Luck.

You mean 2010? We're not in 1990 reminiscing about Unitas and the glory days. If Manning can play at his level of a year ago, then Irsay should keep him a Colt for the remaining 3yrs of his contract. Manning on the on the other hand, should be greatful with the cash earned last season and be willing to renegotiate the dollar portion of his contract. I expect nothing less from these 2 professionals, regardless of Luck.

PM's current contract runs through the 2015 season. Therefore he has 4 years remaining on his contract.

Things change in sports and other options came available on account of the injury and the 2-14 finish. Irsay doesn't owe him keeping him a Colt any longer; nor is there reason to.

I beileve irsay is somewhat smitten with Luck, loves the youth and securing the future, the next 15 years at the most important position. The best part is no one can fire him if he ends up wrong. This is his call and it's already been made.

If you arent going to vote or say anything positive about keeping manning then why even post in this thread. If it's a Luck vs Manning thread then fine say your opinion whatever it may be. This thread is about helping to keep Manning in Indy. Do you really need to add negativity to this thread? Just doesn't make sense to me.

I guess I am just shocked at the number of people who won't let go of the past ...

"Whats past is prologue" William Shakespeare

Loosely translated that means what's already happened merely sets the scene for the really important stuff, which is the stuff our greatness will be made on.

Peyton Manning has something to prove either to himself or everyone else.

I say let him. Lets watch greatness.

"Whats past is prologue" William Shakespeare

Loosely translated that means what's already happened merely sets the scene for the really important stuff, which is the stuff our greatness will be made on.

Peyton Manning has something to prove either to himself or everyone else.

I say let him. Lets watch greatness.

What has happened over the past year and something like how many surgeries leads you to believe we will see greatness in a 35+ year old player.

What has happened over the past year and something like how many surgeries leads you to believe we will see greatness in a 35+ year old player.

Everyone needs to get over the # of surgies. None of the surgeries matter except the fusion. The others were done in an attempt to avoid having to have the fusion which has a longer recovery time. It's his recovery from the fusion that matters.

A season where we squeaked into the playoffs and one and done?

Everyone needs to get over the # of surgies. None of the surgeries matter except the fusion. The others were done in an attempt to avoid having to have the fusion which has a longer recovery time. It's his recovery from the fusion that matters.

Any time you cut into the human body its a big deal and add in the reason, number of times, location and length of recovery is very important and something you don't poo-pop away.

A season where we squeaked into the playoffs and one and done?

.....where the offensive skill positions were paper thin due to injuries and still made it to the playoffs only to lose to a hot Jets team, arguable due to a boneheaded time out call? Yeah, that season

Was that aimed at me?

Well, yes but I didn't mean it in a personal way. I'm just a little bothered by all the people that have given up on our QB. He was always there for us, never missed a snap until his surgery. Now so many fans act like he's damaged goods and dead weight. I think it's tremendously lame.

Things change in sports and other options came available on account of the injury and the 2-14 finish. Irsay doesn't owe him keeping him a Colt any longer; nor is there reason

When the last contract was negotiated, Irsay new of Manning's health. What he didn't anticipate was the lenth of time it would take for the nerves to regenerate. To release one of the greatest Qbs. that's STILL UNDER CONTRACT would be as dumb as his father letting Unitas finish his career in San Diego.

Well, yes but I didn't mean it in a personal way. I'm just a little bothered by all the people that have given up on our QB. He was always there for us, never missed a snap until his surgery. Now so many fans act like he's damaged goods and dead weight. I think it's tremendously lame.
Fair enough. It wasn't meant as a serious jab at PM. It was more to taper the ferverant blindness from some who think he is a lock to return to full greatness. As I've said for a umpteenth time, we have no clue regarding his return. I could have retorted with 'too bad our fan base can't 'fuse' together and stop making petty remarks about our fellow posters. But I'm way too mature to resort to * for tat comments...

you could say the same with most other divisions in any given season.

You werent talking about any given season, you were talking about 2010.

The only division worse than ours, was the NFC West 18-30, which put a team with a losing record in the playoffs. Ours was 20-28.

Fair enough. It wasn't meant as a serious jab at PM. It was more to taper the ferverant blindness from some who think he is a lock to return to full greatness. As I've said for a umpteenth time, we have no clue regarding his return. I could have retorted with 'too bad our fan base can't 'fuse' together and stop making petty remarks about our fellow posters. But I'm way too mature to resort to * for tat comments...

Well, in all fairness I wasn't taking a shot at you, just at your comment. I tried to do so in a friendly manner without insulting you or others. I wish everyone could keep the Manning/Luck debates friendly. Comments like "fervent blindness" is a dumbing down of other members that incites contempt and turns things ugly. I choose to have faith in Manning and his ability to make a full recovery to return to play for our Colts. If he doesn't, well then he doesn't and I'll deal with it. Also, I understand why people think he may be done here, or altogether. However I would never term them as "blind" or otherwise foolish for their opinion.