Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Vote For Manning To Stay

Luck for President

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to many issues with team in key positions, long in the tooth with many key players, entire new coaching staff and mag't means non playoff season next year but with good moves and such can set up for quality in years to come.

I agree it looks sketchy as :censored: on paper. As well, history tells us that massive rebuilds can take years to show positive affect. However there are many reasons to feel we might come out ahead of mediocrity. What happens over the coming moths will determine how we stand.

Either way I feel pumped about the positives. So much negativity over the last 10 months that I refuse to even pay them any mind. Even if we go 8-8 or worse, I'm gonna have fun opening this new chapter.

Hang this from the top of the forum. HANG IT.

:D

Just saying.

Look what they did last year with No Schuab, Andre, or Mario. With a first yr Def, and new CBs....Watt is one bad dude what happens now that he's got a yr under his belt. Heaven help anyone they play if Mario gets resigned, and he's lined up behind Watt. Tate may be the best #2 RB n the league.

Roster wise they very well may be the best in the league, and now that they learned how to win. Watch out.

But hey. If Manning comes back well make the playoffs. No reasons given, just because that's what happened before. That attitude frustrates me.

And if he does come back, he's gonna have to deal with the Texans, who are no longer a joke. In fact, I'd be willing to bet they are the AFC rep in the SB next year.

If they can get past the Patriots with all their billion draft picks and possible high quality FA acquisitions, then maybe, just maybe.

Just saying.

Look what they did last year with No Schuab, Andre, or Mario. With a first yr Def, and new CBs....Watt is one bad dude what happens now that he's got a yr under his belt. Heaven help anyone they play if Mario gets resigned, and he's lined up behind Watt. Tate may be the best #2 RB n the league.

Roster wise they very well may be the best in the league, and now that they learned how to win. Watch out.

But hey. If Manning comes back well make the playoffs. No reasons given, just because that's what happened before. That attitude frustrates me.

what kills me is you think we are guarunteed to be good with the gieco caveman in 3 years, you actually dont know that as much as you don't know if Peyton will play again at a high level.

What is a fact is that Peyton healthy with the same roster was 10-6, and that basically same team without him was 2-14 and had an easier schedule

what kills me is you think we are guarunteed to be good with the gieco caveman in 3 years, you actually dont know that as much as you don't know if Peyton will play again at a high level.

What kills me is somehow you got Luck involved in this and somehow I guaranteed the Colts would be good in 3 years.....How did you come to that conclusion?

Boys and girls let's not forget a brand new defensive game is coming and the two prime recievers will be no more. So for the Colts its is going to be years of rebuilding at least three irregardless of the QB. They are killing the fast defense with a Baltiomore style.....thank God.

Way to many issues with team in key positions, long in the tooth with many key players, entire new coaching staff and mag't means non playoff season next year but with good moves and such can set up for quality in years to come.

Im inclined to agree with this. I really think it will be at least 2 yrs. before the Colts are competing with the top teams again. I keep seeing people posting that Manning went 10-6 with the same roster, well this isn't going to be the same roster, or the same schemes as before. There was a reason why the coaching staff was replaced and that is to bring a new philosophy to the team. Peyton more than likely wouldn't have Reggie and it's clear to me that Garcon won't be around either unless he wises up and signs the deal the Colts offered. There are going to be changes on the defensive side as well. So once again, this is not going to be the same roster, not even close IMO. So even if some remarkably low chance miracle happens and Manning returns, he is not going to have a good team around him.

And if he does come back, he's gonna have to deal with the Texans, who are no longer a joke. In fact, I'd be willing to bet they are the AFC rep in the SB next year.

Save your dollars! :coffee:

Hang this from the top of the forum. HANG IT.

:D

I hope I am surprised by the Colts this year, but do think they can either win the division or be a wildcard. The Texans have a strong squad, and I think they will make the playoffs. No SB yet, however, but best wishes to the Texans. :shake:

at least we're not the :jags:

Keeping Manning stunts not help Luck plus then have all the drama with the two instead of a unified unit.

This is where folks go off track..

The idea that throwing a rookie to the slaughter (starting him immedaitely) helps him

is some thing players say because they want to play.

How did throwing Curtis Painter out there work his first 10 games?

I wonder if people would be so adamant on seeing what Manning can do if it was a check they had to write?

How many of you are going to write a check for $10,000 to Peyton Manning to get him to stay? If it has to come from your own personal bank account. Ya know just in hopes that he will be to his old self, wont see any symptoms of 4 neck surgeries, and will be able to stay healthy.

That is the difference, Irsay has an emotional and business decision to make, fans only go on emotion. The 28 million will never happen, not a chance, not even a small one. If Manning wants to come back once he is a free agent, great, but not for what is remaining on his contract. No chance.

This is where folks go off track..

The idea that throwing a rookie to the slaughter (starting him immedaitely) helps him

is some thing players say because they want to play.

You are comparing Painter to Luck? Wow....also if starting rookies is bad why do both players and coaches support it?

How'd it work for Peyton Manning???

That first year.....not so good... losing record.

You hit the point.......I dont want to lose in 2012 so our new rookie can get his feet wet.

I want to win in 2012..while our new rookie gets ready to hit the ground running (and winning)

That's old school but I dont want to throw away 2012

You are comparing Painter to Luck? Wow....also if starting rookies is bad why do both players and coaches support it?

How much do you know for sure about Andrew Luck's future..?

Most coaches dont..want to start a rookie QB because you lose that way

Players want to play...more than they want to win

Its basically the same team we had in 2009 and 2010...

People assume old is bad and new is good...

You hit the point.......I dont want to lose in 2012 so our new rookie can get his feet wet.

I want to win in 2012..while our new rookie gets ready to hit the ground running (and winning)

If Peyton is back and playing at his normal levels, Luck won't get any real playing time, so he'll have to get his feet wet in year one or year three/four. Sure, he'll learn the plays, and all that other stuff in camp and on the sidelines, and he might get a few plays during scrub time and at the end of the season..........but the guy's got to take the plunge sometime.

The Colts threw away 1998 to start their rookie QB and provide him with invaluable experience.

What better time than now to start their rookie QB and provide him with invaluable experience while the team is rebuilding?

I would gladly take two bad years (2011 and 2012) if it were for another 15year ish run like the Colts just had.

Another top 5 pick next year would be a very handy on a rebuilding team.

How did throwing Manning out there in '98 work his first 16 games? oh yeah, 3-13.

Luck will struggle, then he will be great. just like a certain other guy. you just have to get over the fact that we are not going to sniff the playoffs for the next couple years. sounds like its gonna be tough for you, cause you are too addicted to the postseason chances we have had consistently over the years.

once the dust settles and Manning is let go, we can start rebuilding THE ENTIRE TEAM with the available cap space. no more garbage about how this is the same roster that went to the SB two years ago. that is a lie, and you are lying to yourself if you think this roster is awesome. its not, its a broken shell of its former self.

Its basically the same team we had in 2009 and 2010...

???

no Wayne, maybe no Garcon, so that leaves Collie (if he can make it) and White. Clark seriously may be cut (he forgot how to catch the ball last year) in favor of Tamme. Saturday will retire. The oline is going to be "fresh and new" since they were all injured last year. Our secondary is terrible, and most of those guys will either be cut and replaced or bumped down the depth chart.

as I see it, the only trustworthy players on our team right now are Bethea, Freeney, Mathis (who also may be on his way out), Nevis (when he isn't hurt), Angerer, Ijalana and Constanzo (when they aren't hurt).

thats a pretty bad team. we need tons of work. tons of rebuilding.