Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RB Coach Off to Raiders

DaveA1102

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Thought they had to be promoted to leave one team and go to another, when not fired. I'm probably way off.

No.  They can sign new deals with other teams IF IF the Colts approve.  Meaning that Ballard is not standing in the way of these coaches to go elsewhere now if they want

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is what I feared....

Would not be surprised if a year from now the new HC is making changes to his one year old coaching staff...

Damn....

Yeah, I don’t like this exodus of the position coaches. Why can’t they take OC Chud or DC Monachino instead, dammit! :hairout:

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Its more about losing a good coach.

If we are, again, bringing a RB in from the draft, then a good RB coach could make a huge difference to the development of them and Mack.

I know, but we all knew this was coming one way or another.  I'm sure jack del Rio had some good coaches too, but sounds like most of them are getting replaced.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is what I feared....

Would not be surprised if a year from now the new HC is making changes to his one year old coaching staff...

Damn....

this is why Chuck should have been gone when Ballard came in (we are hiring the same coach we would have hired last year.  we are now a year behind schedule, thanks to Irsay and Ballard hanging on to the then Lame Duck Chuck.