Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton Going to Pro Bowl

DaveA1102

23 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Congrats TY! The NFL really needs to get rid of the Pro Bowl. It really is the worst all-star game in sports.

Maybe it'd be more interesting if it was flag football since no one tackles anyway

yea as sayd above this happens every year, i dont blame the athletes for not wanting to play. The game is completely irrelevant and its not like the NHL all star game where everyone just skates, passes the puck around and score goals without touching each other. You actually have to tackle in the NFL Probowl for the game to happen lol.

4 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

Based on reputation more than anything for this year but no Luck was a huge factor for him.

Capture.PNG

Fourth straight Pro Bowl for TY, who replaces AJ Green who is injured.

oh goodie

3 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Told ya'll there would be colt in the pro bowl

yeah, one who frankly doesnt deserve to be base on his performance this year.  Kind of as bad as that participation banner we hung up.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

oh goodie

yeah, one who frankly doesnt deserve to be base on his performance this year.  Kind of as bad as that participation banner we hung up.

Yeah... We need to take that “Finalist” banner down. 

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Maybe it'd be more interesting if it was flag football since no one tackles anyway

Most all-star games are like that.  The NHL all-star game has no hitting and the goalies don't try very hard.  Plus, you never see slapshots.  The NBA all-star game has no defense until the last couple of minutes.  Players don't take all-star games seriously.  Why risk getting hurt or hurting an opponent in a meaningless game?

4 minutes ago, kcccolts said:

Do players receive a payment for playing in this game, or is the prestige of being selected enough to make it attractive?

they do

players on the winning team got 61,000 the losing team got 30,000 last year.  the numbers change often

Wow, people feel embarrassed for a team hanging a banner? I truly dont get how that connection is made in one's mind. However.....if I did feel that way, I would not be a fan of the team. Why would I stay connected to a thing that I felt embarrassed about everytime I went to the building? Sigh.....I guess I have own oddities, much like others. 

Also, news bulletin..........Pro Bowl considered a glorified flag football game that is useless.....

(beat a dead horse smiley not available)