Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well, Gore wants to come back.

NannyMcafee

47 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

In reality Gore will not catch Sanders this up coming season no matter who he plays for. I am not sure he even cares.

No he wont pass Barry next year but it will put him in range if he played the year after. Id say he cares though. Its part of his legacy.  Every person he passes on that list helps his case to get into the HOF even though I'm sure he'd get in even if he retired this year

1 minute ago, Reidm said:

No he wont pass Barry next year but it will put him in range if he played the year after. Id say he cares though. Its part of his legacy.  Every person he passes on that list helps his case to get into the HOF even though I'm sure he'd get in even if he retired this year

You answered yourself. :D

6 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Comes down to what happened in free agency.  Hopefully, we get at least one proven O lineman.  I haven't studied Chubb, but we need an edge rusher.  They're usually not available in free agency if they're good.

If we trade the pick, we'll probably have three in the first two rounds.  Biggest needs, IMO - edge rusher, ILB, and proven O linemen. 

I hope you didn't put them in order.   O-line is far and away the biggest need for this team.    

29 minutes ago, Myles said:

I hope you didn't put them in order.   O-line is far and away the biggest need for this team.    

I agree with you but till Ballard gets whatever free agents he is going to sign he then will have a clue as to who goes on his big board. We both know that takes a lot of work by him and his scouting team. We wont know anything till the picks (or trades) are done and over.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You answered yourself. :D

What? how am I answering myself? I never asked a question. I'm  just stating facts. If he stays here he will get more touches than if he went to a contender. obviously he cares more about his touches and his yards than a Super Bowl ring because he would jut sign with New England for cheap like everyone else to get a ring

1 minute ago, Reidm said:

What? how am I answering myself? I never asked a question. I'm  just stating facts. If he stays here he will get more touches than if he went to a contender. obviously he cares more about his touches and his yards than a Super Bowl ring because he would jut sign with New England for cheap like everyone else to get a ring

Now why would the Pats sign him? They have a crew of some pretty good RBs that fit their system and Gore does not fit their bill.

It would be good to see Gore back in 2018 with Luck, a new coach and an improved O-line.  That doesn't mean he's the bell cow, but I see nothing to suggest that with Luck and an improved O-line, he couldn't still play and contribute. 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Totally agree 1000%.   My hope is that we address the line in free agency first with a proven(s) starter.  Get the best guys available, overpay if they’re really that good.  

Except for AC and Kelly, the rest of the group are good depth at best.  I’d count Mewhort as a starter but I don’t know if he’ll ever be healthy again.  

I have have faith in Ballard to build this team smartly.  That starts with both lines, and he did a decent job building the D line this season.   

22 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Now why would the Pats sign him? They have a crew of some pretty good RBs that fit their system and Gore does not fit their bill.

:wall:  Gore is one of the best Pass blocking backs in the league. they like to protect this guy named Tom Brady. He could be a good third down RB for them. if he was willing to take a dirt cheap 1 year contract don't act like they wouldn't sign him. But he wouldn't do that because he wants his touches!! he doesn't want to be a third down back. 

46 minutes ago, #12. said:

It would be good to see Gore back in 2018 with Luck, a new coach and an improved O-line.  That doesn't mean he's the bell cow, but I see nothing to suggest that with Luck and an improved O-line, he couldn't still play and contribute. 

If Luck comes back, we're a playoff team and Frank Gore is a solid pass blocker and runner...

I'd bet Andrew wants Frank in the backfield with him.

We need at least 4 backs....and we have 3 of them....Resigning Frank Gore is the way to go

I think it's hilarious that MOST of you didn't want him back and now are saying the same thing I've been saying all along. 

I really don't get most of you on this site.  some of your thinking makes me bang my head against the wall.  It only becomes apparent when you hear it from Superman or from the media.  

Wake up Colts fans.   Gore is the best RB we have had since Edge.    He is a million times better that Mack!!!!  Turbin is better than Mack!!!!

3 hours ago, Reidm said:

:wall:  Gore is one of the best Pass blocking backs in the league. they like to protect this guy named Tom Brady. He could be a good third down RB for them. if he was willing to take a dirt cheap 1 year contract don't act like they wouldn't sign him. But he wouldn't do that because he wants his touches!! he doesn't want to be a third down back. 

A dirt cheap contract? Yeah, right.

4 hours ago, Reidm said:

Methinks you don't understand what a 3rd down back is or the role they play.

Let me clue you in - it ain't Frank Gore.  

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I said Chubb I meant Brad Chubb 3rd overall if Gore stays. Not Nick Chubb in the 3rd Round. Too many Chubb's lmao , I still like Barkley a lot actually but it's great we have tons of options. We will be a lot better next season assuming Luck does come back 100%. This is going to be the most exciting offseason I can ever remember since being a Colts fan in 1984. From Luck updates, to who we Draft, to who we get as Coach.

You're right on both fronts too many Chubb's and this will be an exciting offseason, I just don't like that we had to sink so low with so many problems to experience the excitement to come....but just got to own up to that is where we are now, and look forward to the excitement.......

I think it is all talk on his part. I honestly doubt he wants to come but doesn't want to start a frenzy with the media or the team.

He has openly expressed his frustrations with the team and not making the playoffs. 

Gore is a great player and classy guy but he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender and the Colts are not it. He's not coming back.

Past seasons:

https://sportsnaut.com/2017/07/frank-gore-not-happy-colts-going-backwards/

http://www.12up.com/posts/5334180-frank-gore-frustrated-with-colts-tenure

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/frank-gore-toughest-season-my-career-colts%3famp

I like Gore's quote "I'm under contract, what can I do"

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

If Luck comes back, we're a playoff team and Frank Gore is a solid pass blocker and runner...

I like you optimism, but I'm not sure I agree.    I don't think this team would have made the playoffs even with Luck.   Perhaps next year after another year of Ballard.    

Assume Gore and Turbin make the same salary next year. One has to stay with the Colts, but you have to cut the other... Which one? I say cut Robert.... Gore on a 1 year deal, while he teaches his young legged future replacement. Its too early to drop Mack but I would like a more downhill runner. At this point, Mack does not seem to be that... This team can be unrecognizable by the end of this offseason...

Let the research begin!

Maybe at a low price like 1.5M and with the understanding that he's going to probably have to mentor and also compete with a 22 year old to be the #1 guy.  

But if we draft a guy like Nick Chubb who plays similar to him, he'd be a perfect mentor.

Might be worth it for that value alone, especially if he can teach the kid how to take care of his body the way he has that has made him a reliable RB in his mid 30's. 

I know one of the things he does is that he wears pants, not shorts during training camp practices.  I went to camp his first year with the team and he was the only guy out there running around in pants in the July heat.  Took me a bit to figure out who he was because when I first saw him I thought he was crazy.  But I can't argue with the results.

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I like you optimism, but I'm not sure I agree.    I don't think this team would have made the playoffs even with Luck.   Perhaps next year after another year of Ballard.    

You highly inderesmate the skill and need for solid QB play all you have to do is look at Green Bay! How's there season gone since Rodgers got hurt! Lucks been out all year and the Colts have played with essential a rookie QB! It absolutely changed the entire year!!

8 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

I think it is all talk on his part. I honestly doubt he wants to come but doesn't want to start a frenzy with the media or the team.

He has openly expressed his frustrations with the team and not making the playoffs. 

Gore is a great player and classy guy but he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender and the Colts are not it. He's not coming back.

Past seasons:

https://sportsnaut.com/2017/07/frank-gore-not-happy-colts-going-backwards/

http://www.12up.com/posts/5334180-frank-gore-frustrated-with-colts-tenure

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/frank-gore-toughest-season-my-career-colts%3famp

I like Gore's quote "I'm under contract, what can I do"

None of that bothers me.  He's everything you would want out of a football player.  Also, I don't foresee him having a ton of suitors.  At his age, I'm not excepting a bidding war.  If they want him back and have a place for him, he'll probably be back.  

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I have to disagree as well. Was it three games where Brissett threw a interception and or a pick six that lead directly to a loss?  With Luck I think the chances of getting a few more wins would have been very good. How many? No one knows but Luck did have a knack for pulling out wins in the 4th quarter. When Luck was playing Hilton had great numbers and even Moncrief had his numbers in the end zone.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have to disagree as well. Was it three games where Brissett threw a interception and or a pick six that lead directly to a loss?  With Luck I think the chances of getting a few more wins would have been very good. How many? No one knows but Luck did have a knack for pulling out wins in the 4th quarter. When Luck was playing Hilton had great numbers and even Moncrief had his numbers in the end zone.

I agree that the team would be vastly improved, but not a playoff lock by any means.   I don't know how long Luck would have survived behind this O-line anyway.    I think Luck would have easily had his worst season in the NFL.   Still would have been decent though.   Remember, he was sacked 41 times in 15 games last year.   He would have been beat to a pulp this year too.    Now if you would tell me that Luck with a good O-line would have had this team in the playoffs, I would be jumping on board with that.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I agree that the team would be vastly improved, but not a playoff lock by any means.   I don't know how long Luck would have survived behind this O-line anyway.    I think Luck would have easily had his worst season in the NFL.   Still would have been decent though.   Remember, he was sacked 41 times in 15 games last year.   He would have been beat to a pulp this year too.    Now if you would tell me that Luck with a good O-line would have had this team in the playoffs, I would be jumping on board with that.  

Oh I totally agree even with Luck this roster would not have been close to playoff caliber. I would venture to say another 8-8 season would have been close.