Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Simon (OLB) to IR

MTC

11 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm convinced there's something wrong with the facilities in Indy.  The turf must be bad or something.  We are consistently among the most injured teams in the league

Been saying this for YEARS...... when will Irsay get the hint?

13 hours ago, shastamasta said:

So many guys going on IR. It's all just a ploy to give Chuck the ammo he needs to have Irsay/Ballard give him a pass for this disastrous season. Luck being out wasn't going to cut it, so Chuck is upping the ante...with Swoope, Desir and now Simon all being put on IR.

I fully expect to see Ryan Kelly join them next...and Tolzien to be starting games by Week 15 at the latest. 

Related image

Just speculating, and I’m not saying Ballard is ‘tanking’, but he’s probably not feeling any pressure to get guys out there that are even remotely banged up. I would rather have guys like Simon, Anderson, and Melvin come back fully healthy next year than force them into meaningless action now. Pagano is gone this offseason and I’m sure he realizes this. Right now he’s just driving the tank. 

3 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Just speculating, and I’m not saying Ballard is ‘tanking’, but he’s probably not feeling any pressure to get guys out there that are even remotely banged up. I would rather have guys like Simon, Anderson, and Melvin come back fully healthy next year than force them into meaningless action now. Pagano is gone this offseason and I’m sure he realizes this. Right now he’s just driving the tank. 

Kinda like how Luck played in a meaningless final game last season?  Would have been nice to get his shoulder surgery done sooner.  Thus get his rehab started sooner...

17 hours ago, shastamasta said:

So many guys going on IR. It's all just a ploy to give Chuck the ammo he needs to have Irsay/Ballard give him a pass for this disastrous season. Luck being out wasn't going to cut it, so Chuck is upping the ante...with Swoope, Desir and now Simon all being put on IR.

I fully expect to see Ryan Kelly join them next...and Tolzien to be starting games by Week 15 at the latest. 

kelly is expected back this week

18 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

i would like to see the colts IR lists for the last 5 years compared to the NFL average, we have been among the most devastated by injuries for some time now, whats alarming is it is not an anomaly, it is every season.

Ask and you shall receive, http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/

Colts have not had any more than most other teams.

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

I heard the turf was coming up during a college game over the last weekend too. 

There's gotta be something wrong with it. 

That was in the end zones and only because they were "custom" to the teams playing. Velco holds the turf to the floor and that is what failed in that instance.

A good piece was recently done on AJ Watt and the rise of non-contact knee and ankle injuries.

The culprit was the shoes gripping to the turf too well.

The foot stops and the weight in motion - not as fast.

And the best fix is natural grass.   lol

Get healthy J Simon, and bring on the youth.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Ask and you shall receive, http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/injured-reserve/

Colts have not had any more than most other teams.

But, but but that does not fit the narrative of...

A) a poor strength and conditioning staff

B) poor field conditions at the complex or Lucas Oil Stadium

C) a nutritionist who only feeds the teams coke and Snickers bars

18 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

But, but but that does not fit the narrative of...

A) a poor strength and conditioning staff

B) poor field conditions at the complex or Lucas Oil Stadium

C) a nutritionist who only feeds the teams coke and Snickers bars

Yeah, fact is rarely as interesting as fiction.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Who are these 11 starters on IR?

Luck

Mewhort

Simon

Anderson

Hooker

Desir

The rest

Turbin

Crossan

Michael

Winn

Jackson

Bray

Bond

Hogan

Swoope

I stand corrected as I should have worded it different.

6 starters and 9 rotational players with a few being key rotational players. We have also has starters who missed time due to injury that were not put on IR.  It's still depressing. :groan:

16 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So?  The link was not complaints about field condition, it was players on IR.  And over the last 5 years the Colts are about average in the NFL as far as players on IR.

well IR isnt the metric i would use to judge the field at los

guys get hurt there without going on IR. it happens to opposing teams too, that wont show up in our ir report

46 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

well IR isnt the metric i would use to judge the field at los

guys get hurt there without going on IR. it happens to opposing teams too, that wont show up in our ir report

True.  That would not show up on the website.  Still does not change the fact that the Colts are about average in the NFL when it comes to injuries... season ending injuries or otherwise.