Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Is Getting Healthier

BmoreColt

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshal said it a few posts above, Manning wouldnt waste everyones and his own time. IMO if Manning is training he is gonna play next year, where remains to be seen. I would like it to be in Indy, and thought most in here would too which is why I shared what I heard.

Yeah, thanks for sharing. Manning seems to have continuous improvement, albeit it somewhat slowly. There hasnt been any set-backs lately so hopefully he'll be 100% soon. Whatever happens, hope he destroys the league next year on whatever team he is on.

I was livin' on the Severne River outside Balt. back in those days.....catchin' rockfish from the shore as a kid. Lots of great players back in those days. John Dutton, Don McCauley.......

I was furious when Dutton went to Dallas! I also was a big fan of Fred Cook, Mike Curtisand Rosie Leaks.

Happy hunting.....

Pretty much all along I've said that nobody knows what's going on with him and his health....and regardless of what they do know I expect him to be released by March 8th.

You may be 100% right, but the media reports work both ways not just pro Manning.

I was furious when Dutton went to Dallas! I also was a big fan of Fred Cook, Mike Curtisand Rosie Leaks.

Great names! I remember Howard Stevens, David Taylor & a buncha other players coming to our school way back when.....ate lunch with them. Their lunch platters loaded with about 15 burgers that looked like .50 cent pieces in their hands.

Yeah, thanks for sharing. Manning seems to have continuous improvement, albeit it somewhat slowly. There hasnt been any set-backs lately so hopefully he'll be 100% soon. Whatever happens, hope he destroys the league next year on whatever team he is on.

Yeah me too! The way he is getting run out of town baffles me. People are gonna be upset when Manning on a mission is tearing up the NFL on another team.

Ah

when negative news comes from ESPN its bad, the sources are unreliable, they spin stuff

when good news comes from ESPN its acceptable

This is not a shot at anyone but reminding that if you are attacking the media its a two way road

Your handle.. executive fan of luck should be perhaps.. exclusive fan boy. lmao

Ah

when negative news comes from ESPN its bad, the sources are unreliable, they spin stuff

when good news comes from ESPN its acceptable

This is not a shot at anyone but reminding that if you are attacking the media its a two way road

Since I posted this thread I'd like to share with you that I never once knocked a

Negative article regarding Manning. I have knocked posters who only say that a negative article is fact but a positive article is completely wrong or they are nowhere to be found on a positive article. So I say to you it works both ways!

I am surprised nobody posted this already, but mort reported on NFL 32 that Peyton is throwing with a tight spiral and good velocity. He has spoken with the receivers catching from Manning and Archie. This I would assume isnt first hand observation, but apparently Manning can make all the throws he does from the passing tree in pre game warm up.

anything with the name Archie Manning in it, can not be trusted. sorry! but if he is able to do what they said hes doing i guess he would have to work out a new contract because i dont see irsay keeping him around for his current contract. still not worth the risk.

Since I posted this thread I'd like to share with you that I never once knocked a

Negative article regarding Manning. I have knocked posters who only say that a negative article is fact but a positive article is completely wrong or they are nowhere to be found on a positive article. So I say to you it works both ways!

Not directed at anyone specific my friend, I just thought it was funny because there is an active thread right under this(below or however you see it) saying don't trust ESPN analysts lol.

Yeah me too! The way he is getting run out of town baffles me. People are gonna be upset when Manning on a mission is tearing up the NFL on another team.

wouldnt it be better if he went to a team who can give him one last shot at a championship? I love the colts big fan always have been, but there is no realistic chance of them going next year or the year after. they have far to many holes. and it showed in 2010 and this past season

wouldnt it be better if he went to a team who can give him one last shot at a championship? I love the colts big fan always have been, but there is no realistic chance of them going next year or the year after. they have far to many holes. and it showed in 2010 and this past season

You could be right. I want him to go out as the greatest to play the game a SB or two could solidify that. It may be elsewhere..

Peyton go to a better team to win a SB? Why cant we be happy about having him back? This is a team 2 years removed from the SB with what 14-15 of the same starters from that team? Have we really lost that much perspective? We are not a team that needs to be rebuilding, we need to fine tune the Ferrari. Which is what we are getting with a defensive slanted coaching staff. Remember how happy the players were when Dungy came in and as Jeff Saturday put it "here comes this defensive guy... and the sky is the limit for the O".

Seemes to me we are getting what we want, but not liking it.

I sincerely hope that Manning returns to form, and I prefer it to be with the Colts. I would also prefer it to be for a much smaller impact to the cap so it can help this team moving forward. However, I've said all along that if Manning is throwing good/great with accuracy, velocity, and with endurance that it is in his best interest (either going forward with the Colts or another franchise) to call the media out to a field and put on a throwing exhibition. This would without a shadow of a doubt prove that he's returning to form. Since he still hasn't I haven't bought into the fact that he is progressing or even regressing for that matter. I'll continue to play the waiting game until I can see something for myself that he's in fact the Manning of old (or close to).

You could be right. I want him to go out as the greatest to play the game a SB or two could solidify that. It may be elsewhere..

i mean just because id love to see luck in a colts uniform dont get me wrong i would also love to see manning finish out as a colt,but i just dont see it happening unless he is willing to take something far more less then what he has now.

Peyton go to a better team to win a SB? Why cant we be happy about having him back? This is a team 2 years removed from the SB with what 14-15 of the same starters from that team? Have we really lost that much perspective? We are not a team that needs to be rebuilding, we need to fine tune the Ferrari. Which is what we are getting with a defensive slanted coaching staff. Remember how happy the players were when Dungy came in and as Jeff Saturday put it "here comes this defensive guy... and the sky is the limit for the O".

I'm not ready to give up on Manning, some want that...

When the owner says we are rebuilding, what are the fans supposed to think?

I believe Irsay has since choosen the word "restructure", but rebuilding to Irsay also means HIS team. Also I dont see any reason Peyton has to prove himself to the media, I think he would like nothing better then to make them eat crow.

I haven't heard the "restructure" talk, and it's not just proving anything to the media, it's proving to everybody. Everybody that has either supported, doubted, remained in limbo, teams that want him that need to make decisions either via the draft or free agency (and might have certain time constraints), etc. If the man can throw and throw well it's in his best interest to show that. Teams that might be on the fence whether to take the gamble will line up now if they can see that he looks good. What better way to make people eat crow then to show the world that you can throw like the Peyton of old???

For the groups that fit into the category of "Everybody that has either supported, doubted, remained in limbo"...the longer this drags out and if Peyton knows he can go, then the better he ends up looking like the hero (especially when it looks like he takes less money). Lets say he does put on this throwing clinic...you wont get 100% seeing the same thing and the last thing we need is reporters acting like they know football.

As for other teams that may want him...they still need to go thru the Combine and the Draft to see even put this on the Free Agent radar.

So you can't see that if Manning can throw that it would be in his best interest to show it? The longer this drags out the worse it gets. The longer it drags out teams will address their needs because they aren't willing or able to play the waiting game. With the type of money Manning will get teams just can't leave that amount open in their cap forever. I understand you're being the eternal optimist with this whole situation and I respect that I truly do, but the realist in me thinks that if the man can throw he should show that he can throw. IMO it'll only do him good to put this to rest.

I haven't heard the "restructure" talk, and it's not just proving anything to the media, it's proving to everybody. Everybody that has either supported, doubted, remained in limbo, teams that want him that need to make decisions either via the draft or free agency (and might have certain time constraints), etc. If the man can throw and throw well it's in his best interest to show that. Teams that might be on the fence whether to take the gamble will line up now if they can see that he looks good. What better way to make people eat crow then to show the world that you can throw like the Peyton of old???

or MAYBE, and call me crazy here...but just maybe when Peyton said he wants to play his entire career for the Colts, he meant it? and MAYBE he doesnt care about proving anything to any team other than the Colts, because he doesnt plan to go anwhere else to play? I mean if he intends to finish his career here, then there would be absolutely NO reason to prove/show ANYTHING to anyone, except Irsay and the Colts staff.

So you can't see that if Manning can throw that it would be in his best interest to show it? The longer this drags out the worse it gets. The longer it drags out teams will address their needs because they aren't willing or able to play the waiting game. With the type of money Manning will get teams just can't leave that amount open in their cap forever. I understand you're being the eternal optimist with this whole situation and I respect that I truly do, but the realist in me thinks that if the man can throw he should show that he can throw. IMO it'll only do him good to put this to rest.

His opinion has nothing to do with 'optimisim', it has to do with perception. I preceive Manning being a colt, getting better, and retiring a colt. Thats my perception, not optimisim. You call yourself a realist, i call it your perception. Your opinion on the matter makes it no more real in your assesment than mine. My perception of what is happening is no less real than yours. In the end, what do any of us know really..

When did this become a thread about Bert Jones?

Who cares I'll take it at this point we have enough Peyton Manning threads we can handle one being railed :). Heck as I typing this I am sure some thread about keeping Reggie or Mathis is being derailed to talk about Peyton to make up for it lol.

How will they feel if he's tearing up the league for the Colts? Just curious. I mean most "positive" takes on him insist he'll be somewhere else. If he's ready to tear it up, keeping in mind that "tear it up" tagged to Peyton Manning is more than any other QB is going to be capable of, why are we the only team that won't be able to reach a deal with him after March 8? If you can have him, and he's "tearing it up," he's better than Luck for darned sure, and at least worth $10 million per year more than any QB starting in the league.