Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The crazy notion that Luck is unhappy....../ Luck Rumor not true/ Clearing the air ( (merge))

JRnINDY

30 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

A 49r fan called Mike Francesca and put a scenario up to Mike and Mike said that proposed scenario is EXTEMELY possible/probable Mike just now made a case that if in the upcoming draft the Colts had 4th overall pick in the draft and the 49r's have 1st overall pick in the draft The Colts would be in their rights to demand (in a trade for Luck ) the 49r's 1st overall pick and their 2018 2nd and 2018 3rd round pick giving Colts 1st pick in the draft.....4th pick in the draft 1st pick in 2nd and 3rd rounds plus all the Colts picks.....Quoting Francesca " If you do it right YOU COULD REBUILD TEAM IN 1 DRAFT " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way near enough. You would also need their 1st. in 19 and 20 just to start a conversation.  Luck is a sure thing those picks are just wannabes.  I will take my chances with Andrew.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

A 49r fan called Mike Francesca and put a scenario up to Mike and Mike said that proposed scenario is EXTEMELY possible/probable Mike just now made a case that if in the upcoming draft the Colts had 4th overall pick in the draft and the 49r's have 1st overall pick in the draft The Colts would be in their rights to demand (in a trade for Luck ) the 49r's 1st overall pick and their 2018 2nd and 2018 3rd round pick giving Colts 1st pick in the draft.....4th pick in the draft 1st pick in 2nd and 3rd rounds plus all the Colts picks.....Quoting Francesca " If you do it right YOU COULD REBUILD TEAM IN 1 DRAFT " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebuilding your team by trading away your franchise QB. that's the way teams usually do it. Lol

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

No way near enough. You would also need their 1st. in 19 and 20 just to start a conversation.  Luck is a sure thing those picks are just wannabes.  I will take my chances with Andrew.

Francecsa hinted you could possibly get more maybe yes maybe no........Bottom line do I believe the people who say Luck is unhappy here.....NO.....Do I believe the people who say Luck IS HAPPY HERE ......NO .....I DO NOT TALK FACE TO FACE WITH ANDREW .....SO I DO NOT KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE !

2 hours ago, J@son said:

The reason the colts did not put Manning on IR is because the IR recall had not been established yet.  In 2011, if they had put Manning on IR he would have been forced to miss the entire season, even if he'd been ready to return in the final weeks.

You should have a big problem with this being true because if it were true, Luck would not have signed a 6 year extension last summer.

Not if you signed the same 6 year contract extension that Luck did.  He has absolutely ZERO leverage to demand a trade. 

Once again, if that were true, why did he just last summer sign a 6 year contract?

There are over 41 million reasons why the colts fanbase should not worry about that possibility.

sit him if the doctor says sit him...agreed but...duh.  the poster you were replying to did not say anything to the contrary.  the rest about sports networks matters about as much as the fans do

No, because it barely takes 30 seconds worth of ACTUAL thought to know that these rumors are ridiculous.  Andrew Luck has been unhappy the past 2 years because he's been forced to play hurt?  that's absurd.  Last summer he signed a 6 year contract extension. 

If he's been unhappy for the last 2 years, why in god's name would he sign a 6 year extension?  Why would he agree to a contract that he couldn't try to get himself out of until probably 2019 at the very earliest?

one answer can apply to both of those questions, "He wouldn't"...and THAT's why this should not even be a discussion.

To all poster in this forum, please clear your opinions on all topics with Jason before posting as he is convinced of his perpetual greatness. As you can clearly see hear he is watching us all. Note, in his childhood he spent most of it locked in a closet.:excited:

26 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Do not know who is right or wrong but living in NY Metro area listening to Francesca I do not know a bigger Luck fan ON THIS PLANET than Mike Francesca.....He was raving about Luck a YEAR AND A HALF TO TWO YEARS before Luck was drafted.

That's kind of the problem. There's this sense that the Colts have somehow wronged Luck, as if something was owed to him. I want to see him have a ton of success, and I want the Colts to get it together, but the idea that if you have a good young QB that everything else should just fall in place is wrong. 

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

To all poster in this forum, please clear your opinions on all topics with Jason before posting as he is convinced of his perpetual greatness. As you can clearly see hear he is watching us all. Note, in his childhood he spent most of it locked in a closet.:excited:

The correct translation would have been: if you post something stupid, you will get called out. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's kind of the problem. There's this sense that the Colts have somehow wronged Luck, as if something was owed to him. I want to see him have a ton of success, and I want the Colts to get it together, but the idea that if you have a good young QB that everything else should just fall in place is wrong. 

"but the idea that if you have a good young QB that everything else should just fall in place is wrong. ".......Exactly !

"The media" can be construed in many ways. I listen to such people as Charlie Casserly, Bill Polian, Adam Scheffer, Ian Rappaport for examples. They simply have greater access to info and decades of one-on-one experience than we do. What makes me laugh is when those that speak up challenging my words I ask simply what are your sources of your opinions?! Lois Lane? Jimmy Olsen?

Last, these are opinions so if you disagree with a post it does not matter. The number two is always two but define the content of the color grey and you may different...............................OPINIONS. 

10 minutes ago, J@son said:

The correct translation would have been: if you post something stupid, you will get called out. 

"Correct"  "stupid" as defined by who? You? Please submit your list of credentials as we are short on Charmin  this week due to the hurricane.

1 hour ago, J@son said:

Rebuilding your team by trading away your franchise QB. that's the way teams usually do it. Lol

All you have to do is sacrifice your franchise QB in a QB-starved league, and you can rebuild your entire roster with two high draft picks in one season! It's like stealing!!!

I've been saying for a while now that draft picks are overrated. This is a testament to that. 

51 minutes ago, Superman said:

All you have to do is sacrifice your franchise QB in a QB-starved league, and you can rebuild your entire roster with two high draft picks in one season! It's like stealing!!!

I've been saying for a while now that draft picks are overrated. This is a testament to that. 

The fact that the raiders aren't shopping Derek Carr and the titans aren't shopping mariota is borderline criminal. Just goes to show those 2 franchises don't give a lick about their fan bases either. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

My sense is that critics aren't saying Luck has been wronged,  but that the franchise has wasted the opportunity of having such a talented QB and repeatedly failed to surround him with decent talent.    This is 6 years now.

People wonder what could have been if the Colts hadn't missed on so many draft picks, free agents,  and questionable coaching hires.       Look at Green Bay and transition from Favre to Rodgers.      That hasn't happened from Manning to Luck.      We're playing catch-up.

This certainly doesn't look like a quick fix for Ballard....

23 hours ago, DougDew said:

Based on the rumors, I don't have any doubt that Luck has expressed concerns over the apparent stagnation of the team to his dad Oliver, who may have informed Irsay about his son's feelings.

But to have that get tossed through the rumor mill to where it gets dramatically elevated to being stated on TV that Luck won't play out his contract is distortion to the point of it appearing to be a flat out headline grabbing lie.

Luck does not have his father do his bidding with Irsay.

If he has a problem,  he either talks directly to Irsay himself,  or he has an agent do it.    That's, in part, why the agent is getting the commission.

Luck has zero history of his father helping him in football.    Zero.     Not in high school.    Not at Stanford.    And not at Indy.     Zero.

On 9/13/2017 at 3:29 PM, akcolt said:

I know our stance on Andrew availability has changed but that doesn't make what Rotoworld reported speculation. Iray said confidently that Luck would be ready and that's what was reported. Andrew said he would not miss any games and that's what was reported. That's not speculation. When reporting news Rotoworld always provides the source of the information they are reporting. Something happened to cause Irsay and Co to change their tune but Rotoworld got it right at the time they reported it. 

The bush league reporting that's happening on ESPN is speculation but that's come to be expected from that network. We make it easy for them to create stories like this declaring the OL fixed running Tolzien out on opening day. We look like we have no clue the Rams blast us. The way our QB situation was handled is just more egg on our face. 

Andrew has NEVER said he wouldn't miss games.     NEVER ONCE!

You keep posting this and it's never ever been true.      The one story that had a writer say that Luck was assurig people that he wouldn't miss games for some odd reason FAILED to have a single quote from Andrew saying that.    Luck was widely quoted in that story,   and yet,  not once did Luck actually say the quote he was attributed to.

If he actually said the words,  don't you think reporters would play the audio bitte, and TV people would play the video tape?

Have you heard that sound?     No.     Have you seen that tape?     No.

Why?      Because it doesn't exist.      Period.

3 hours ago, Superman said:

You're right it is but guess what that's how the Colts have been operating for quite sometime now.

While its plausible that Luck may be unhappy I would believe someone with more credibility than Mike Greenberg

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

If the colts have the 4th round pick it would be dumb for them not to do the trade. I do not think Andrew Luck going to play for 10 years. He is going to retire very young. If he is a Colt he will retire young and possibly after the end of this contract because why not the Stupid organization if build with nothing but toilet paper and sticker. The online still cant block and the defense still suck. Everything went down hill ever since pagano officially took the reigns.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Luck does not have his father do his bidding with Irsay.

If he has a problem,  he either talks directly to Irsay himself,  or he has an agent do it.    That's, in part, why the agent is getting the commission.

Luck has zero history of his father helping him in football.    Zero.     Not in high school.    Not at Stanford.    And not at Indy.     Zero.

.... Isn't his agent his uncle? 

12 hours ago, J@son said:

Common freaking sense?

That's simply another way of saying facts have no place in ones comments. Your draw your conclusions, that establish your "common sense" from data you get from what source? Is common sense unchanged from age 16 to 56? 

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

but define the content of the color grey and you may different...............................OPINIONS. 

That's easy, grey is an achromatic neutral. By nature, being made up of the achromtic neutrals white & black, grey lies within a range, often referred to as a value or grey scale, ranging from high or light value to low or darker values, with pure white at the high/light end & pitch black at the low/dark end...

17 hours ago, King Colt said:

opinion based in reality is always a good thing.   This topic however isn't based in reality

5 hours ago, Smitto said:

.... Isn't his agent his uncle? 

Yes...    I believe so...

It was his uncle for the rookie contract...

And I believe it was the uncle for the big second contract.    And there's been no story anywhere of Luck switching agents.

So I believe the story this week of his agent denying the Greenberg claim is the agent/uncle.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes...    I believe so...

It was his uncle for the rookie contract...

And I believe it was the uncle for the big second contract.    And there's been no story anywhere of Luck switching agents.

So I believe the story this week of his agent denying the Greenberg claim is the agent/uncle.

Then I can guarantee you his father in some way or another helped him in football, it'd be crazy to not think so especially with the connections his father potentially had before he joined the nfl and as a rookie... It probably explains why he stayed with family when it came to picking his agent. Saying he has no history of his father helping him is a pretty bit over the top because you don't know that. 

11 minutes ago, Smitto said:

Then I can guarantee you his father in some way or another helped him in football, it'd be crazy to not think so especially with the connections his father potentially had before he joined the nfl and as a rookie... It probably explains why he stayed with family when it came to picking his agent. Saying he has no history of his father helping him is a pretty bit over the top because you don't know that. 

That's a tricky thing. As a generality, yeah, it's in Luck's genes, but that doesn't mean Oliver coached up Andrew once he started playing organized ball.

I play guitar and my dad plays too, aside from how to start, like the most rudimentary advice, that's all I got out of him in terms of instruction. I'd wager that kind of thing is what happened here too.

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I agree that Oliver Luck is most likely NOT in the ear of Jim Irsay, and I doubt he is pulling an Archie Manning trying to get his son on a different team.  It doesn't seem like Oliver is the typical helicopter-parent that coaches their kid at every level, but to say Andrew has never had any sort of help in football from his Pro-QB Dad is kind of a leap.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know.  I just think you might be speculating as much as the person you were responding to...  :dunno:

Nobody but Oliver Luck knows who he has talked to and what he has said in the past regarding Andrew, but Oliver has seemed to take a "hands-off" approach to Andrews' career, so you are probably right for the most part.

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

That's simply another way of saying facts have no place in ones comments. Your draw your conclusions, that establish your "common sense" from data you get from what source? Is common sense unchanged from age 16 to 56? 

The facts have been spelled out repeatedly in this thread. That you choose to ignore them is on you. 

1 hour ago, Smitto said:

When I'm talking ab out "not helping Luck" this is what I mean....

Luck never called his HS coach to suggest plays or idea that the coach could use....

Luck never did that with Harbaugh or Shaw, either.

I'm not saying Oliver and Andrew never had father and son talks about football.     I'm sure they did.    Absolutely sure.

But I'm also saying Oliver does NOT call Jim Irsay to complain about the O-line blocking for his son.    He doesn't sit in the owners box and tell Jim Irsay that his son isn't happy with the development of the team,  or that his son will want to be traded.      That's NOT how the Luck family operates.

Concerns about the team are made either by Andrew directly, or by the agent.    Not by the dad.

53 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I agree that Oliver Luck is most likely NOT in the ear of Jim Irsay, and I doubt he is pulling an Archie Manning trying to get his son on a different team.  It doesn't seem like Oliver is the typical helicopter-parent that coaches their kid at every level, but to say Andrew has never had any sort of help in football from his Pro-QB Dad is kind of a leap.

I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know.  I just think you might be speculating as much as the person you were responding to...  :dunno:

Nobody but Oliver Luck knows who he has talked to and what he has said in the past regarding Andrew, but Oliver has seemed to take a "hands-off" approach to Andrews' career, so you are probably right for the most part.

Look at my answer to Smitto in this thread.     It might be just above this answer.

I'm sure Oliver and Andrew have father and son talks about football in general.    No doubt about that.

But I'm also sure that Oliver doesn't contact Irsay to express concerns about the team.    He doesn't sit in the owners box to complain about the franchise.      Those are the kind of thigs Oliver Luck does not do for his son.

Concerns about the Colts either come directly from Andrew,  or the agent.     But NOT from dad.

1 hour ago, Smitto said:

During his time at Stanford and at the beginning of his NFL career, Luck always said that his father kept his distance when it came to football because Oliver felt that it was more important to just be his father. Here is one of the articles I remember. There are a few others out there. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9416762/colts-qb-andrew-luck-father-oliver-luck-kept-firm-line-coach-dad-espn-magazine

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Look at my answer to Smitto in this thread.     It might be just above this answer.

I'm sure Oliver and Andrew have father and son talks about football in general.    No doubt about that.

But I'm also sure that Oliver doesn't contact Irsay to express concerns about the team.    He doesn't sit in the owners box to complain about the franchise.      Those are the kind of thigs Oliver Luck does not do for his son.

Concerns about the Colts either come directly from Andrew,  or the agent.     But NOT from dad.

:agree: 

I think it was just the way you worded that one sentence that said Luck got no help in football from his dad. 

But I get what you're saying, Oliver is not meddling with the team, as someone else suggested.  :thmup:

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

That's a tricky thing. As a generality, yeah, it's in Luck's genes, but that doesn't mean Oliver coached up Andrew once he started playing organized ball.

I play guitar and my dad plays too, aside from how to start, like the most rudimentary advice, that's all I got out of him in terms of instruction. I'd wager that kind of thing is what happened here too.

You're comparing guitar playing to football, played LB for my old high-school and so did my dad and you best believe he had tips and pointers especially during my senior year hoping for a scholarship. Luck may stick to financial stuff with his agent... Which is his uncle btw but he definitely talks about decisions with his dad... There's no doubt about that. 

37 minutes ago, snkdy said:

During his time at Stanford and at the beginning of his NFL career, Luck always said that his father kept his distance when it came to football because Oliver felt that it was more important to just be his father. Here is one of the articles I remember. There are a few others out there. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/9416762/colts-qb-andrew-luck-father-oliver-luck-kept-firm-line-coach-dad-espn-magazine

"If I had a question, he would answer it," the Colts QB recently told ESPN's Hannah Storm, "but he never muddied the line of coach and father. I appreciated that." 

So they do discuss football things, don't believe these articles.. I don't see his father telling him to not listen to his coach but there's no doubt they discuss football and other decisions.